Author Topic: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"  (Read 4501 times)

abusive

Re: Real Credits Of "Chronic" & "Doggystyle"
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2016, 03:54:39 PM »
- Doggy Dogg World demo made by Daz.

Now go and play the finished product put by Dre and hear the difference.
Not trying to be funny but I don't really see your point. The beat just sounds unmixed and mastered. Still the same beat. You can get a beat mixed and mastered for a few dollars a million places and the person doing it isn't entitled to a lifetime of royalties.

not trying to be rude, but are you retarded? thats two COMPLETELY different beats. no engineer in the world woulda turned that demo into the current "doggy doggy world" lmao, stop that.
Wasn't this one if the records Daz said he signed off on to give dre the credit? If so, I don;t see your point. It's obvious that Daz made the beat so what's your argument? I never said that Dre doesn't clean up other people's beats. In fact, that's exactly what I said.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:56:39 PM by abusive »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

Sccit

« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »

Not trying to be funny but I don't really see your point. The beat just sounds unmixed and mastered. Still the same beat. You can get a beat mixed and mastered for a few dollars a million places and the person doing it isn't entitled to a lifetime of royalties.

not trying to be rude, but are you retarded? thats two COMPLETELY different beats. no engineer in the world woulda turned that demo into the current "doggy doggy world" lmao, stop that.
Wasn't this one if the records Daz said he signed off on to give dre the credit? If so, I don;t see your point. It's obvious that Daz made the beat so what's your argument? I never said that Dre doesn't clean up other people's beats. In fact, that's exactly what I said.

Lmao that's not a "clean up", it's two completely different sounds .. It's like if Dre had no money and daz gave dre 15 bux.. If Dre took that 15 bux and hustled it up to 4 gz a week later .. U guna give Daz credit for making that 4 gz? Stop that

abusive

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2016, 06:21:44 PM »

Lmao that's not a "clean up", it's two completely different sounds .. It's like if Dre had no money and daz gave dre 15 bux.. If Dre took that 15 bux and hustled it up to 4 gz a week later .. U guna give Daz credit for making that 4 gz? Stop that
Just listened again some sounds were added but again what's your point? Dre didn't play the sounds so he wasn't the session player and he didn't make the beat. What exactly is your argument here?

Sccit

« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2016, 06:33:48 PM »

Just listened again some sounds were added but again what's your point? Dre didn't play the sounds so he wasn't the session player and he didn't make the beat. What exactly is your argument here?

At this point, if u really think those two beats are the same, id have to say you trollin

Mietek23

« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2016, 11:59:55 PM »

either you deaf, or you simply don't know what your talking about. It ain't THE SAME beat - Daz provided a good skeleton for a beat, but Dre took it to another level. Daz demo had potential, but it was Dre who took that muthafucka to another level - point blank.

As far as credits are concerned - I personally think Daz should be included as a co-producer on that one, but that dosen't change the fact, that it was Dre who made "Doggy Dogg World" what it was music-wise. If Daz version ended up as the retail one, I'll bet it would be one of the worst and most skipped tracks on "Doggystyle", and even dope lyrics couldn't save it - straight up.

If you want to hear a difference between unmixed/unmastered version of a final product - bump "NY87" or "Every Single Day" from recently leaked reels and compare it to mixed versions made by Effrain. That's what mixing/mastering does - Dre goes waaay beyond that most of the times when it comes the beats, that was separates him from YouTube beatmakers.

Do I think Death Row fucked up many credits in booklet? Yes, they did. Is Dre partly responsible for it? Yes he is, because he was a part-owner of that company. But to sit here and talk like people were giving him finished products and he just put his name on it instead of giving credit is just insane.

And you can see he learn his lesson on Aftermath - now you can see in booklets who provided bass, guitar, piano keys, etc. They all included - but if someone says with a straight face that for example Scott Storch produced "Still Dre", he must be out of his mind.

bouli77

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2016, 03:50:24 AM »
I doubt Daz was involved in the making of Doggy Dogg World. At least, that's not what Chris "The Glove" Taylor said in an interview (who's far more reliable than Daz who often talks out of his ass).Here's what he said :

Chris “The Glove” Taylor: I produced a song called “Doggy Dogg World.” Dr. Dre did the beat as far as the drums; kick, snare and hi-hat. The bass player wasn’t playing it to Dre’s satisfaction, so I took over and played it on the Moog. Then Dre asked me to put the keys down on it, so I did all of the keyboard parts. He told me to record the beat and then he left – so I laid it all down. I also recorded Snoop’s vocals. I recorded everybody but The Dramatics although I sat next to Dre when that happened.

When that record was finished, Suge was standing on my right side and Jimmy Iovine was standing on my left. They were waiting for me to finish editing it so they could put it on the album and fly it on an airplane to the pressing plant. They told me that it would cost them $42,000 for every hour that it went over. They had trucks lined up, and they were waiting to ship it – Snoop’s first album was a monster. The main thing back then was making sure that the order of the songs was right – because the album has to flow right. We put as much work in to that as anything else on the album.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip-hop-engineering-production/846964-another-guy-made-dr-dre-chris-oethe-glovea-taylor.html

abusive

« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2016, 01:16:35 PM »

props to the coli.

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »

props to the coli.

Dre didn't do love is blind .. Side note, did hutch end up winnin that suit?

abusive

« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2016, 02:08:36 PM »

props to the coli.

Keep up bro. Dre's the founder and owner of the label that's accused of passing off someone else's work to someone else who then took credit for it. See the pattern here?

Sccit

« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2016, 03:21:55 PM »

props to the coli.

Keep up bro. Dre's the founder and owner of the label that's accused of passing off someone else's work to someone else who then took credit for it. See the pattern here?

i refuse to keep up with retardation......dre is not responsible for what eve did wit the song when she went to ruff ryders, for all we know, she took those ideas on her own and later remade the song wit swizz beats. its not like dre was gettin paid for that joint, so quit reachin, because at this point, u seem to be in desperation mode in your quest to shit on dre......if dre was really a piece of shit thief like u out here tryna prove, u think hutch would be workin wit him again? and even praisin him as a musical genius in recent interviews. simple science, young man.

abusive

« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2016, 07:17:07 PM »
Quit whining already! If I could hear your post you would probably sound like a cat in heat.
Go away bro and leave this discussion to people who genuinely want to know the truth.
You only want to defend Dre at all cost despite of the evidence. You're a Stan. It's cool bro I've been there too. But sooner or later you have to grow up. If you really wanted to know about this situation you would do more than just watch the short video I posted. Some of the excuses you made up to explain away this situation have already been answered by other outlets that reported on this subject. So you look like a fool throwing that hail mary. It's actually embarrassing reading it. You're asking me if he won the lawsuit, I should be asking you the way you have exonerated Aftermath/Dre. You're a mod here? SMH The point of a message board is to have discussion. Who cares if YOU like the discussion or not? Because I damn sure don't. This thread wont just magically go away because you want it to.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:21:05 PM by abusive »

abusive

« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2016, 07:31:04 PM »

either you deaf, or you simply don't know what your talking about. It ain't THE SAME beat - Daz provided a good skeleton for a beat, but Dre took it to another level. Daz demo had potential, but it was Dre who took that muthafucka to another level - point blank.

As far as credits are concerned - I personally think Daz should be included as a co-producer on that one, but that dosen't change the fact, that it was Dre who made "Doggy Dogg World" what it was music-wise. If Daz version ended up as the retail one, I'll bet it would be one of the worst and most skipped tracks on "Doggystyle", and even dope lyrics couldn't save it - straight up.

If you want to hear a difference between unmixed/unmastered version of a final product - bump "NY87" or "Every Single Day" from recently leaked reels and compare it to mixed versions made by Effrain. That's what mixing/mastering does - Dre goes waaay beyond that most of the times when it comes the beats, that was separates him from YouTube beatmakers.

Do I think Death Row fucked up many credits in booklet? Yes, they did. Is Dre partly responsible for it? Yes he is, because he was a part-owner of that company. But to sit here and talk like people were giving him finished products and he just put his name on it instead of giving credit is just insane.

And you can see he learn his lesson on Aftermath - now you can see in booklets who provided bass, guitar, piano keys, etc. They all included - but if someone says with a straight face that for example Scott Storch produced "Still Dre", he must be out of his mind.

I agree that Daz provided a good skeleton and that Dre took it to a new level. What's the problem here? I can still here the skeleton though and a good mix can make a bland beat sound better even to the point where it sound like a different beat.

The problem with most of you is that you want to give one person the credit and not the other. I don't disagree that Dre produced on this. But I also don't disagree that session players and the person who made the skeleton produced on it as well.

I have already acknowledged I can here some changes so I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other guy, what is your argument? It just seems you and him want to defend Dre at all cost when I'm not even accusing him of anything.

As far people giving him the finished product and him putting his name on it, that very well may be true. You can say that's not the case and keep going by Doggy Dogg World as the example as to why it's not true. It's not good enough. The other interview I posted the other day leads me to believe that that does take place. Not everyone who comes along is where Daz was back in the day. I'm sure they get music regularly that don't need anything done and if they can spend a few dollars to help build the Dre brand then I'm sure that happens as well. Sorry you guys don't know how the music industry really works.

Back to the Scott Storch thing. I think I have explained it but I'll go back. Scott did produce on the song simply because he played the keys. I'm still fascinated in how anyone could argue that the people making the music (the people making the beat and session players) aren't part of the production process but the person who didn't make any music at all is. That's some grimy old school mafia music industry talk that needs to be done away with in 2016. I don't care what anyone says artist need to stand up for their rights. I'm not saying he produced the song because the song is a marriage between the music and the vocals. What I'm saying is that his input went into the production of the song so he should get production credits, which I'm sure he did.

Sccit

« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2016, 07:42:46 PM »
Quit whining already! If I could hear your post you would probably sound like a cat in heat.
Go away bro and leave this discussion to people who genuinely want to know the truth.
You only want to defend Dre at all cost despite of the evidence. You're a Stan. It's cool bro I've been there too. But sooner or later you have to grow up. If you really wanted to know about this situation you would do more than just watch the short video I posted. Some of the excuses you made up to explain away this situation have already been answered by other outlets that reported on this subject. So you look like a fool throwing that hail mary. It's actually embarrassing reading it. You're asking me if he won the lawsuit, I should be asking you the way you have exonerated Aftermath/Dre. You're a mod here? SMH The point of a message board is to have discussion. Who cares if YOU like the discussion or not? Because I damn sure don't. This thread wont just magically go away because you want it to.  ;D

Aside from how sensitive you comin off right now, you also sound like a teenage female "go away!"  lmao.. If u wana debate me, do it like a man. I'm not even reading past that

abusive

« Reply #103 on: April 29, 2016, 10:44:31 AM »
Debate you?  ;D You don't remember being destroyed over the Jew question? lol I didn't even have to get into my archaeological bag because you were no match for me and honestly there was no need to take it there. You're not on my level kiddo. I get it in. You probably just want to go back and forth because you like the manner in which I speak? If you want to do a text battle in the studio section though we can. I'll smack that Freddy mask and yamaka off you at the same damn time.

Sccit

« Reply #104 on: April 29, 2016, 11:27:37 AM »
Debate you?  ;D You don't remember being destroyed over the Jew question? lol I didn't even have to get into my archaeological bag because you were no match for me and honestly there was no need to take it there. You're not on my level kiddo. I get it in. You probably just want to go back and forth because you like the manner in which I speak? If you want to do a text battle in the studio section though we can. I'll smack that Freddy mask and yamaka off you at the same damn time.

You try way too hard bro