Author Topic: LETS GO RAMS  (Read 2726 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: LETS GO RAMS
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 10:09:42 PM »
I was going to say, to be fair to Sccit, he's started over and over that if LA gets a team, then he'll ride for LA, but if not then he roots for the Raiders. Me being an IE kid, i have no attachments to LA teams, so i root for the Raiders, no matter where they are in California (i'll follow as far as Las Vegas), the Angels and Lakers. But i respect Sccit for that because he's about his city, though as he has said, ideally for him the Raiders move to LA.

As for the history, a lot of the Raider history has been faded thanks to the last 13 seasons. But what the Raiders do have is image. Both the Rams and Niners branded their teams as the rich white teams. And the Chargers always seemed to attach a more laid back crowd. But the Raiders got many of the black and Latino crowd. In the 80's, the Raiders crowds were undesirable, but now with the increase in Latinos and blacks, the Raiders could have been HUGE in LA. The fans they attach are loyal, crazy loyal. It's more than history, history helped the Raiders for only so long. Eventually the fan base stepped up and sold out games even though the Raiders were terrible. I have no idea why they covered part of the stadium as they had whole sessions of sell outs before. I actually think losing helped the Raiders fan base get the band wagon fans off. Since then it seems like the Raider fans who suck through the losing are the true fans. Neither the Chargers our Rams have those fans. And the Niners don't either. We'll see, as i predict the Chargers and Niners are about to face some rough years. The Rams have a very tough division to over come, and the Raiders are on the verge of being a Super Bowl contender in a couple of years. We could just see the Raiders retake all of California.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 11:07:12 PM »
Raiders might move to San Antonio

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 04:43:54 AM »
Raiders might move to San Antonio

Not over Jerry Jones dead  body

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 10:25:29 PM »
sccit talks alotta shit bout sports lmfao

Remedy360

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 12:47:32 AM »

I don't know if it was luck or perseverance but by god congrats on making a post that actually made some level of sense.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
Now your going to have to step your NFL game up, Sccit.  Hope it's better than your MLB game.... Your Dodgers support seemed hella-contrived  8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 02:44:34 PM »
Now your going to have to step your NFL game up, Sccit.  Hope it's better than your MLB game.... Your Dodgers support seemed hella-contrived  8)

never claimed to be a big mlb head, but i always support local teams and watch the playoffs......as u know, basketball is my sport. if u wana talk sports w me on some real shit, u guna have 2 step your nba game up.

Blasphemy

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 03:05:08 PM »

never claimed to be a big mlb head, but i always support local teams and watch the playoffs......as u know, basketball is my sport. if u wana talk sports w me on some real shit, u guna have 2 step your nba game up.
Yeah I was gonna say you're a bigger basketball fan then anything, I take football more serious cause I'm a bigger fan of that then anything, I mean I'm a fan of MLB (White Sox), Basketball (Lakers), Rugby (All Blacks) Hockey (L.A. Kings). That's why when I hear fans doing that shit in terms of another sport It doesn't bother me no where near as much lol, but u straight up front about the city deal so respect.I disagree with it but still respect.  8)

Nothing wrong with reppin the city, but in terms of sports I follow the team more then the city.  8) 8)

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 10:04:16 PM »

I don't know if it was luck or perseverance but by god congrats on making a post that actually made some level of sense.

I thinks La has a shot at the playoffs if the have a great QB and wide out(WR) combo. i would personally go for Pierre Garcon from Washington

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2016, 10:08:38 PM »

hes average
I thinks La has a shot at the playoffs if the have a great QB and wide out(WR) combo. i would personally go for Pierre Garcon from Washington

Remedy360

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2016, 03:37:18 AM »

Yeah I was gonna say you're a bigger basketball fan then anything, I take football more serious cause I'm a bigger fan of that then anything, I mean I'm a fan of MLB (White Sox), Basketball (Lakers), Rugby (All Blacks) Hockey (L.A. Kings). That's why when I hear fans doing that shit in terms of another sport It doesn't bother me no where near as much lol, but u straight up front about the city deal so respect.I disagree with it but still respect.  8)

Nothing wrong with reppin the city, but in terms of sports I follow the team more then the city.  8) 8)

Sports are about civic pride and rallying around your home team. The whole "follow teams" statement is funny to me, that's what I've seen a bunch of people say about the Rams. I sure as hell wouldn't root for the Rams if I were in St Louis just like I don't root for the Thunder. I get picking up different teams if you don't have one in your market, but just rooting for a bunch of different cities doesn't make any sense to me.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2016, 10:18:08 AM »

Sports are about civic pride and rallying around your home team. The whole "follow teams" statement is funny to me, that's what I've seen a bunch of people say about the Rams. I sure as hell wouldn't root for the Rams if I were in St Louis just like I don't root for the Thunder. I get picking up different teams if you don't have one in your market, but just rooting for a bunch of different cities doesn't make any sense to me.

To me, and maybe because I grew up in California, your team says volumes about you. Like growing up, if you were white, you were more than likely a 49er fan. If you loved to spend your weekends at the beach and no care about football, usually you liked to follow the Chargers. If you were old, more than likely you were a Rams fan. If you were black or Latino, and poor, it's safe to assume you were a Raiders fan. And maybe that's a California thing back then, being that California had so many teams. Most Rams fans turned into Charger fans over the years, or just stopped rooting for a team. But I really get the whole follow a team. Sometimes the team identity in your market doesn't fit you. Ice Cube talked about it in his Straight Outta LA documentary about how he was rooting for the Raiders long before they came to LA. At the time, only the Rams were in LA and he thought they were soft, even though they played in the Coliseum and that was right next to South Central. My dad grew up in the Inland Empire, and he rooted for the Raiders too, because they had a two Mexican QB's (Tom Flores and Jim Plunkett) and even a Mexican coach after John Madden retired (Flores). San Bernardino is more an LA market and Riverside is more an OC market, but I root for the Angels growing up, because they had Jim Abbott. I really related to Abbott with one hand, being the underdog.

So yeah, on the flip side, I live in Minnesota now. Everyone everywhere roots for the home teams. Vikings, T'Wolves, Twins, Wild. With that said, these teams try to make their teams fit the market and the image of that market. So much of these teams getting players include, can they do well in Minnesota?

Remedy360

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2016, 12:13:35 PM »

To me, and maybe because I grew up in California, your team says volumes about you. Like growing up, if you were white, you were more than likely a 49er fan. If you loved to spend your weekends at the beach and no care about football, usually you liked to follow the Chargers. If you were old, more than likely you were a Rams fan. If you were black or Latino, and poor, it's safe to assume you were a Raiders fan. And maybe that's a California thing back then, being that California had so many teams. Most Rams fans turned into Charger fans over the years, or just stopped rooting for a team. But I really get the whole follow a team. Sometimes the team identity in your market doesn't fit you. Ice Cube talked about it in his Straight Outta LA documentary about how he was rooting for the Raiders long before they came to LA. At the time, only the Rams were in LA and he thought they were soft, even though they played in the Coliseum and that was right next to South Central. My dad grew up in the Inland Empire, and he rooted for the Raiders too, because they had a two Mexican QB's (Tom Flores and Jim Plunkett) and even a Mexican coach after John Madden retired (Flores). San Bernardino is more an LA market and Riverside is more an OC market, but I root for the Angels growing up, because they had Jim Abbott. I really related to Abbott with one hand, being the underdog.

So yeah, on the flip side, I live in Minnesota now. Everyone everywhere roots for the home teams. Vikings, T'Wolves, Twins, Wild. With that said, these teams try to make their teams fit the market and the image of that market. So much of these teams getting players include, can they do well in Minnesota?

Yeah, I'll give you that it's different growing up in CA with all the different teams/losing the Rams 20+ years ago. In a place like Washington it's pretty clear cut between the Mariners and Seahawks. I also do get rooting for out of market teams if you grew up on them because of family or something. Still, growing up in Washington and rooting for the Cowboys or something like that will never make sense to me. Sports are just a huge community thing. Obviously the run the Seahawks have had has been great for the region, as was the Mariners run in mid 90's/2000's. Sports are just much more enjoyable when your rallying with the people around you and the players are representing where you're from.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »

Yeah, I'll give you that it's different growing up in CA with all the different teams/losing the Rams 20+ years ago. In a place like Washington it's pretty clear cut between the Mariners and Seahawks. I also do get rooting for out of market teams if you grew up on them because of family or something. Still, growing up in Washington and rooting for the Cowboys or something like that will never make sense to me. Sports are just a huge community thing. Obviously the run the Seahawks have had has been great for the region, as was the Mariners run in mid 90's/2000's. Sports are just much more enjoyable when your rallying with the people around you and the players are representing where you're from.

Maybe you have a point. The only thing I'd say is that it's also fun to have others with different teams. Sort of like agitators. In California, many, and I mean the vase majority, are Lakers fans when it comes to basketball. But you always have that minority of fans who "root for players." Like in the 90's, they cheered for the Bulls, in the 2000's they all became Cavs fans, then Heat fans, and now they all have Cavs gear on again. And they are fun to have around.

To your point though, I was home from the first three-peat, and it was fun going to the grocery store and just talking to random people about the NBA Finals, knowing everyone was watching it. I remember when the Lakers won in 2002, when the final buzzer went off, people ran outside with Laker flags and blowing blow horns. My grandma also went outside, and she was so happy just like, "oh look at all the excitement!" It was a little community block party just out of happiness that the Lakers won. So I get your point, that only happens when the whole community is invested and people are all happy.

At the same time, isn't that what we have in football every year. Each year, millions of people pill into houses all over the nation to watch the Super Bowl, they all pick teams and cheer? Basketball, baseball, they are more regional sports. But football is more of a national sport. The games are more spread out, it's mainly watched on TV. Baseball, people talk about their dads taking them to the game to watch the local team. I've seen so many Angel and Dodger games in person, but I only saw one Raiders game in 1993. And not because they moved in 1995, but because football games are expensive and hard to get in to. Maybe I'm off, but to me, football is easier to root for different teams. All the games are televised nationally, you have access to different teams in your local market each week, and it's only one game a week so it's easier to follow. In baseball or basketball, you have more games to watch each week, and it's hard to follow the storyline.

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2016, 02:54:23 PM »
Remedy makes excellent points