Author Topic: LETS GO RAMS  (Read 2725 times)

Remedy360

Re: LETS GO RAMS
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2016, 03:31:31 PM »
Now your going to have to step your NFL game up, Sccit.  Hope it's better than your MLB game.... Your Dodgers support seemed hella-contrived  8)

never claimed to be a big mlb head, but i always support local teams and watch the playoffs......as u know, basketball is my sport. if u wana talk sports w me on some real shit, u guna have 2 step your nba game up.
Yeah I was gonna say you're a bigger basketball fan then anything, I take football more serious cause I'm a bigger fan of that then anything, I mean I'm a fan of MLB (White Sox), Basketball (Lakers), Rugby (All Blacks) Hockey (L.A. Kings). That's why when I hear fans doing that shit in terms of another sport It doesn't bother me no where near as much lol, but u straight up front about the city deal so respect.I disagree with it but still respect.  8)

Nothing wrong with reppin the city, but in terms of sports I follow the team more then the city.  8) 8)

Sports are about civic pride and rallying around your home team. The whole "follow teams" statement is funny to me, that's what I've seen a bunch of people say about the Rams. I sure as hell wouldn't root for the Rams if I were in St Louis just like I don't root for the Thunder. I get picking up different teams if you don't have one in your market, but just rooting for a bunch of different cities doesn't make any sense to me.

To me, and maybe because I grew up in California, your team says volumes about you. Like growing up, if you were white, you were more than likely a 49er fan. If you loved to spend your weekends at the beach and no care about football, usually you liked to follow the Chargers. If you were old, more than likely you were a Rams fan. If you were black or Latino, and poor, it's safe to assume you were a Raiders fan. And maybe that's a California thing back then, being that California had so many teams. Most Rams fans turned into Charger fans over the years, or just stopped rooting for a team. But I really get the whole follow a team. Sometimes the team identity in your market doesn't fit you. Ice Cube talked about it in his Straight Outta LA documentary about how he was rooting for the Raiders long before they came to LA. At the time, only the Rams were in LA and he thought they were soft, even though they played in the Coliseum and that was right next to South Central. My dad grew up in the Inland Empire, and he rooted for the Raiders too, because they had a two Mexican QB's (Tom Flores and Jim Plunkett) and even a Mexican coach after John Madden retired (Flores). San Bernardino is more an LA market and Riverside is more an OC market, but I root for the Angels growing up, because they had Jim Abbott. I really related to Abbott with one hand, being the underdog.

So yeah, on the flip side, I live in Minnesota now. Everyone everywhere roots for the home teams. Vikings, T'Wolves, Twins, Wild. With that said, these teams try to make their teams fit the market and the image of that market. So much of these teams getting players include, can they do well in Minnesota?

Yeah, I'll give you that it's different growing up in CA with all the different teams/losing the Rams 20+ years ago. In a place like Washington it's pretty clear cut between the Mariners and Seahawks. I also do get rooting for out of market teams if you grew up on them because of family or something. Still, growing up in Washington and rooting for the Cowboys or something like that will never make sense to me. Sports are just a huge community thing. Obviously the run the Seahawks have had has been great for the region, as was the Mariners run in mid 90's/2000's. Sports are just much more enjoyable when your rallying with the people around you and the players are representing where you're from.

Maybe you have a point. The only thing I'd say is that it's also fun to have others with different teams. Sort of like agitators. In California, many, and I mean the vase majority, are Lakers fans when it comes to basketball. But you always have that minority of fans who "root for players." Like in the 90's, they cheered for the Bulls, in the 2000's they all became Cavs fans, then Heat fans, and now they all have Cavs gear on again. And they are fun to have around.

To your point though, I was home from the first three-peat, and it was fun going to the grocery store and just talking to random people about the NBA Finals, knowing everyone was watching it. I remember when the Lakers won in 2002, when the final buzzer went off, people ran outside with Laker flags and blowing blow horns. My grandma also went outside, and she was so happy just like, "oh look at all the excitement!" It was a little community block party just out of happiness that the Lakers won. So I get your point, that only happens when the whole community is invested and people are all happy.

At the same time, isn't that what we have in football every year. Each year, millions of people pill into houses all over the nation to watch the Super Bowl, they all pick teams and cheer? Basketball, baseball, they are more regional sports. But football is more of a national sport. The games are more spread out, it's mainly watched on TV. Baseball, people talk about their dads taking them to the game to watch the local team. I've seen so many Angel and Dodger games in person, but I only saw one Raiders game in 1993. And not because they moved in 1995, but because football games are expensive and hard to get in to. Maybe I'm off, but to me, football is easier to root for different teams. All the games are televised nationally, you have access to different teams in your local market each week, and it's only one game a week so it's easier to follow. In baseball or basketball, you have more games to watch each week, and it's hard to follow the storyline.

As far as people just switching who they were fans of like you talked about at the beginning, that's just lame, pretty hard to defend that. Yeah, the SuperBowl is a huge spectacle and everyone generally has some kind of rooting interest, but it's not the same as rooting for your hometeam. I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC since I hate both the Cards and Panthers, but I don't give a fuck about New England or Denver either. Every now adn then there's a team like the 04 Eagles that comes around that I really enjoy, but it's never the same as your own team making it, not even close. As far as the whole "agitator" thing I guess it depends on the context. I mean, I haven't lived in Washington for the last few years but will always root for their teams. I'll always root for the teams I grew up with, I'll just never  get pulling for some random city that you have no connection to over your own.

Sccit

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2016, 04:53:58 PM »
^ where u livin now

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2016, 06:37:29 PM »
Still waiting for a whole new Gap of reciever. Then you could decide who you for

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2016, 08:06:47 PM »
^ where u livin now

he moved to Australia

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 09:17:00 AM »
Remedy makes excellent points

As far as people just switching who they were fans of like you talked about at the beginning, that's just lame, pretty hard to defend that. Yeah, the SuperBowl is a huge spectacle and everyone generally has some kind of rooting interest, but it's not the same as rooting for your hometeam. I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC since I hate both the Cards and Panthers, but I don't give a fuck about New England or Denver either. Every now adn then there's a team like the 04 Eagles that comes around that I really enjoy, but it's never the same as your own team making it, not even close. As far as the whole "agitator" thing I guess it depends on the context. I mean, I haven't lived in Washington for the last few years but will always root for their teams. I'll always root for the teams I grew up with, I'll just never  get pulling for some random city that you have no connection to over your own.

I think he does too. In the grand scheme of things, it's why public money gets put into sports teams, it's why the local politicians wear the hometown teams colors. When Jesse Ventura was governor of Minnesota, he was at every T'Wolves game.

But sometimes, once you find your team, you keep with them. Just because I moved to Minnesota does not mean I'm dumping my teams I grew up with. To me, you don't need to follow the hometown team if those teams don't fit you. As I mentioned, Ice Cube was a Raiders fan in the 70's, even though the Rams played down the street from South Central, because he felt the Raiders swagger fit him. And the Rams in the 70's was a winning team. Even though the Lakers dominate Southern California, and I mean the next closest popular team in SoCal is the Dodgers and the Dodger's popularity is not even close to the Lakers, there are still people who don't like the Lakers. There are people who just feel like they don't like the Hollywood image of the Lakers, or the superstar driven culture.

Also, people liking the Cowboys, well living out here, I call them the ultimate bandwagon fans, and they usually like the Cowboys, Yankees and Lakers. Those are the teams that I notice are followed outside their market the most. And most polls show this. People without home teams usually follow these teams the most. The Cowboys, Yankees and Lakers are sort of national teams now, they get the most national TV time, they do the highest ratings when they are in the playoffs, and they get the most ESPN time. I ain't mad at fans who follow these teams. I remember buying tickets to the Angels and I got 4 tickets because they were so cheap. I brought my dad, and two cousins. I was shocked when one of my cousins wanted to go because he was a Yankees fans and I bought tickets to see the Angels vs. Yankees.

So yeah, I understand the whole local team angle, and it's a real thing and it's why local markets put public money in these teams. But at the same time, I understand people who follow a team outside their market, even if they have a local team. Ain't no way in hell I'm rooting for the T'Wolves over the Lakers when I grew up watching Magic Johnson and had a Shaq and Kobe poster in my dorm room. And if others don't feel that their local teams represent them, then they have the rights to pick other teams. My cousin who liked the Yankees still liked the Chargers and Lakers, he just liked the Yankees. He liked the Chargers because he liked the powder blues, the Lakers because he was from SoCal, and the Yankees because of the rich history. Ain't nothing wrong with that, even though you can argue the Dodgers rich history. But that was his thing.

Sccit

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 09:32:36 AM »

As far as people just switching who they were fans of like you talked about at the beginning, that's just lame, pretty hard to defend that. Yeah, the SuperBowl is a huge spectacle and everyone generally has some kind of rooting interest, but it's not the same as rooting for your hometeam. I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC since I hate both the Cards and Panthers, but I don't give a fuck about New England or Denver either. Every now adn then there's a team like the 04 Eagles that comes around that I really enjoy, but it's never the same as your own team making it, not even close. As far as the whole "agitator" thing I guess it depends on the context. I mean, I haven't lived in Washington for the last few years but will always root for their teams. I'll always root for the teams I grew up with, I'll just never  get pulling for some random city that you have no connection to over your own.

I think he does too. In the grand scheme of things, it's why public money gets put into sports teams, it's why the local politicians wear the hometown teams colors. When Jesse Ventura was governor of Minnesota, he was at every T'Wolves game.

But sometimes, once you find your team, you keep with them. Just because I moved to Minnesota does not mean I'm dumping my teams I grew up with. To me, you don't need to follow the hometown team if those teams don't fit you. As I mentioned, Ice Cube was a Raiders fan in the 70's, even though the Rams played down the street from South Central, because he felt the Raiders swagger fit him. And the Rams in the 70's was a winning team. Even though the Lakers dominate Southern California, and I mean the next closest popular team in SoCal is the Dodgers and the Dodger's popularity is not even close to the Lakers, there are still people who don't like the Lakers. There are people who just feel like they don't like the Hollywood image of the Lakers, or the superstar driven culture.

Also, people liking the Cowboys, well living out here, I call them the ultimate bandwagon fans, and they usually like the Cowboys, Yankees and Lakers. Those are the teams that I notice are followed outside their market the most. And most polls show this. People without home teams usually follow these teams the most. The Cowboys, Yankees and Lakers are sort of national teams now, they get the most national TV time, they do the highest ratings when they are in the playoffs, and they get the most ESPN time. I ain't mad at fans who follow these teams. I remember buying tickets to the Angels and I got 4 tickets because they were so cheap. I brought my dad, and two cousins. I was shocked when one of my cousins wanted to go because he was a Yankees fans and I bought tickets to see the Angels vs. Yankees.

So yeah, I understand the whole local team angle, and it's a real thing and it's why local markets put public money in these teams. But at the same time, I understand people who follow a team outside their market, even if they have a local team. Ain't no way in hell I'm rooting for the T'Wolves over the Lakers when I grew up watching Magic Johnson and had a Shaq and Kobe poster in my dorm room. And if others don't feel that their local teams represent them, then they have the rights to pick other teams. My cousin who liked the Yankees still liked the Chargers and Lakers, he just liked the Yankees. He liked the Chargers because he liked the powder blues, the Lakers because he was from SoCal, and the Yankees because of the rich history. Ain't nothing wrong with that, even though you can argue the Dodgers rich history. But that was his thing.

I believe what remedy was alluding to was cats who pick teams outside their local market wit pathetic reasonings...like your cousin from socal who roots for yankees over dodgers cuz of the "rich history"..

Whoops, fucked up your post by clicking modify rather than quote, still not used to mod buttons LOL
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:49:02 PM by Remedy360 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 12:06:56 PM »

no, considering you were born and raised in or around LA, LA teams should remain your teams, no matter where u move...it'd be understandable if u made the t-wolves your secondary team, but to abandon the lakers and start rooting for the t-wolves 1st would actually be faulty imo. i believe what remedy was alluding to was cats who pick teams outside their local market wit pathetic reasonings...like your cousin from socal who roots for yankees over dodgers cuz of the "rich history"..or the nerd who follows the cavs because lebron james has big muscles. shit like that is pathetic.....and ice cube was 12 when raiders moved to LA, so i duno if he was a big football fan before that, but even then, it's a bad look if he was turning his back on the team reppin his hometown to root for oakland. in that case, cube was faulty too.....but either way, cube shows home support to every team out here, so u gota respect that. same goes for snoop n most other entertainer out there. rep where u from, bottom line.

For Ice Cube, he always talked about the rebel image of the Raiders, and the swagger and winning that the Raiders did. Also talked about how many in LA had crazy relatives in the Bay who loved the Raiders, and for him that stuck. He wasn't completely sold on the Raiders until 1980, when he was 11, so he must have gone back and forth between them and the Rams. But before they moved to LA, he was already rooting for the Raiders over the Rams. In 1982, the Raiders moved, so he talked about how happy was that his favorite team was were he was.

He also posted this on his Facebook...

"You can bring the St. Louis Rams and the San Diego Chargers to L.A. if you want, but my heart will always be in Oakland."

And for fans like him, I feel him. As I've always said about the Raiders, as long as they are in California, they'll be my team. If they move to San Antonio, then I'm done with them, can't root for a team in Texas. I'll go as far as Las Vegas. LOL... because I love Las Vegas, and the Raiders would be perfect there. But I ain't root for no team past that.

Also, I think of LeBron fans, they remind me of Jordan fans. I have some my age that still root for the Bulls, but they also root for the Clippers now. I've mention them before. I just think they are natural agitators, and over the years I just accept them. In Minnesota, those fans are Packer fans here, they grew up in Minnesota but love the Packers.

What will be funny is my sons. My 5 year old already loves the Raiders and Lakers and he's born here. He only goes to California once a year in the summer, not even during basketball or football seasons. But he loves the Raiders and Lakers because he watches them with his dad... LOL... I am thinking of buying him a Minneapolis Lakers jacket or something, to rep his favorite basketball team and the city he's born in. LOL. We'll see. But others will think he's just like one of those Laker bandwagon fans that likes the Yankees and Cowboys.

As for my cousin, I mean, he likes the Chargers, so that's not suspect at all. That actually is dedication. The Yankees, I'm not sure. He's just always been a Yankees fan. Maybe it's from being a kid. Like me, when I was a kid, I was split between 4 football teams, 49ers because of Montana, the Bears because of the mascot, the Raiders because they were LA, and the Rams because the helmets and they were LA. After a while, I dropped the Bears first, then the Niners, because I just didn't relate to them as I got older. Then I dropped the Rams because the Raiders just had that image I liked. Maybe my cousin had the same thing, I never asked him. he liked a few teams as kid, but over time he just gravitated to the Yankees.

Remedy360

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 12:47:11 PM »

As far as people just switching who they were fans of like you talked about at the beginning, that's just lame, pretty hard to defend that. Yeah, the SuperBowl is a huge spectacle and everyone generally has some kind of rooting interest, but it's not the same as rooting for your hometeam. I'll be rooting for whoever comes out of the AFC since I hate both the Cards and Panthers, but I don't give a fuck about New England or Denver either. Every now adn then there's a team like the 04 Eagles that comes around that I really enjoy, but it's never the same as your own team making it, not even close. As far as the whole "agitator" thing I guess it depends on the context. I mean, I haven't lived in Washington for the last few years but will always root for their teams. I'll always root for the teams I grew up with, I'll just never  get pulling for some random city that you have no connection to over your own.

"I believe what remedy was alluding to was cats who pick teams outside their local market wit pathetic reasonings...like your cousin from socal who roots for yankees over dodgers cuz of the "rich history".."

Bingo. To answer your earlier question I'm living in Hood River Oregon, not exactly a hotspot for sports lol

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2016, 12:55:00 PM »
I understand what Remedy is saying. I'm just arguing the other side, because lots of people root for teams outside their markets, and for different reasons.

Space RockStar SkyStalker Machine

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2016, 05:03:01 PM »
Supporting/wearing there jersey is gonna be straight-bitch shit.Sure ill go to there games because its fun. But i grew up washing east coast football so im east coast smash mouth football. Mark davis moves he is gonna get easy sued by fans cause his game been out of La a long ass time

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2016, 09:05:46 PM »
Supporting/wearing there jersey is gonna be straight-bitch shit.Sure ill go to there games because its fun. But i grew up washing east coast football so im east coast smash mouth football. Mark davis moves he is gonna get easy sued by fans cause his game been out of La a long ass time

Sued by fans? huh? What does that even mean?

Okay, so I've been following the Chargers to LA move. I originally thought it was a slam dunk. The NFL is pushing the Chargers, and the Chargers don't want two other teams in LA and then they'd be the step child down in San Diego. But looking at it closer, and hearing what's going on inside, I will raise the Raiders chance of moving to LA from 5% to 10%, and if the Chargers don't move by Feb. 1st, I'll give it a 50/50 for either team to move. The Chargers want LA badly, but they believe that Kroenke will screw them over in LA. Plus they don't have confidence to compete with the Rams in LA. There is some belief in the organization that the Chargers maybe better off in SD in a smaller pond, than in the larger ocean full of sharks. With that said, the NFL really wants the Chargers as the AFC team, NOT the Raiders, and they are really pushing.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:35:29 PM by M Dogg™ »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2016, 09:32:11 PM »
I doubt skystalker can purchase a bootleg jersey

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2016, 09:37:36 PM »

I re-read his post, I have no idea what he's trying to say. Rams are bitches, but he'll go to games, he likes east coast football, fans will sue Mark Davis? I'm so confused what that all means, like who will sue Mark Davis? Why like east coast football when all the football players come from Florida, Texas, or California? What makes the Rams bitches, like the team or the players?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2016, 09:49:19 PM »

I re-read his post, I have no idea what he's trying to say. Rams are bitches, but he'll go to games, he likes east coast football, fans will sue Mark Davis? I'm so confused what that all means, like who will sue Mark Davis? Why like east coast football when all the football players come from Florida, Texas, or California? What makes the Rams bitches, like the team or the players?

least funny troll in dubcc history

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »

least funny troll in dubcc history

Yeah, some trolls make you mad, some have had me ready to call some friends to mess up their computer, some make you laugh, some post porn, but this one just confuses me.