Author Topic: Anderson .Paak Signs To Aftermath Entertainment...Malibu, his last album!  (Read 975 times)

Blood$

well who didn't see that one coming

the question now is Jon Connor going to get put on the back burner for this dude?

DRGNBLZN

the question now is Jon Connor going to get put on the back burner for this dude?

Not even a question. Jon Connor is a free agent before this year is over.

Will_B

What the fuck does Dre even do with these guys

Blood$

What the fuck does Dre even do with these guys

to be fair, look where Kendrick's at now... granted he also had the full support of TDE

I fuck with Jon Connor but I'm not sure how far Dre can take him, I can definitely see Anderson taking off with the right marketing and musical direction when it comes time for his first major label album

GangstaBoogy

I wish him the best but maaan, Dre doesn't have a good track record with R&B artist (minus Michel'le)

Not even a question. Jon Connor is a free agent before this year is over.

Agree but not because of Anderson Paak. My guess is AP will have a Kendrick like deal where he's signed but he's free to do his own thing, seeing as to how he's already shown he can create and release music on his own. I think the Jon Connor experiment fails because he's not an artist Dre can get a whole album out of.  Justus has a better chance of getting a release date.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DRGNBLZN

Re: Anderson .Paak Signs To Aftermath Entertainment...Malibu, his last album!
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 09:29:46 AM »
Theres little to no marketability for Jon Connor in 2016 unless you're a hip hop head for 2 reasons right off the bat:

1) He's no Kendrick Lamar. Theres truly not a lot that's outstanding about him. Just a random dope rapper that Dre happened to like and try to take on try to keep Aftermath relevant. What's new?

2) He's not hipster or trap enough for todays kids.

If I were Dre. I would try to put together a "The Firm" style group with Jon Connor, King Mez, Justus, and Kendrick Lamar with Dre popping up here and there. That shit woud generate huge buzz.