Author Topic: "Blunt Time" contains a lot of subliminal disses of Suge and the Dogg Pound  (Read 1107 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
From jump, the track is directed at Suge and the Dogg Pound, with "You drew first blood/ must've thought you was Stallone"...."Knick Knack Paddy Wack give a dog a bone...heard a dog yelpin but no help came"...

I think there is an original joint floating around with some more direct disses like "The Dogg Pound had a pimp (Suge)" as it's alluded to in the summer 96' Source article featuring DRe (in my Avatar)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

MOBNigga06

Has this track leaked? Could you upload it or direct me to where it can be found? Or are you just basing these remarks on lyrics posted on some Tupac forum?
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Has this track leaked? Could you upload it or direct me to where it can be found? Or are you just basing these remarks on lyrics posted on some Tupac forum?

"Blunt Time" was one of the more impressive, futuristic sounding joints on Aftermath Presents.  It's interesting that it contains so many subliminals cause at the time Dre was trying to to get away from being involved in beefs—and told his artists to avoid hanging in clubs and getting involved with Death Row beef. 

All the lyrics above are in the song from the album... except the "Dogg Pound had a pimp (Suge)" part was probably cut out.

JonnyTanna

I remember there was a scan of that issue somewhere on this forum. Can someone please link me to it?

donfathaimmortal

The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

donfathaimmortal

The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

donfathaimmortal

donfathaimmortal

donfathaimmortal

donfathaimmortal

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Blunt Time" contains a lot of subliminal disses of Suge and the Dogg Pound
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 09:22:51 AM »
Notice Dre mentions when talking about future projects and an NWA reunion...

"The ultimate would be to do an NWA movie and soundtrack for it".

Turns out Dre must have a crystal ball and psychic powers after all (which he says he doesn't have in another part of the interview).   Of course the prediction was only about 20 years late, but hey, it's still fitting considering the end of the movie is him walking off into the sunset with Aftermath.

JonnyTanna

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 07:36:12 PM »
Even at the time of reading that interview I felt that was the beginning of the end of good music. 2pac died and puffy capitalised and ruined music. Dre had no idea how much this decision would affect the future of music

realmuthafuckingeez

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 07:49:55 PM »
Somebody needs to re-upload scans of those old vibe and source magz. They was a whole bunch fof them on the net a few years ago but now you can't find them no more. I fucked up and deleted them.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 07:33:51 AM »
Even at the time of reading that interview I felt that was the beginning of the end of good music. 2pac died and puffy capitalised and ruined music. Dre had no idea how much this decision would affect the future of music

I can vividly remember reading this magazine when it came out summer of 96', and I felt the complete opposite.  I felt really hopeful at the time of all the possibilities.  And even Dre was expecting that Death Row would still be strong.  I figured with Daz producing, with Pac, with Snoop, that Death Row would still be all right.  That Dre would go on to be a huge success with all his new ideas and hip-hop would just keep getting better and better as it had up to that point...

Of course I was wrong for being so naive.  A couple months later Pac died, aside from "East/West Killa" Dre's album was lackluster, a month or so after that Snoop dropped a brick, and then finally Suge ended up behind a prison wall and this all happened before the end of 96!  

Then shit really got fucked up in 97' with Bad Boy and No Limit filling the void...  Which basically destroyed what remained of the happiness I'd always experienced growing up... but I digress...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:35:55 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »

MOBNigga06

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 08:49:13 AM »

"Blunt Time" was one of the more impressive, futuristic sounding joints on Aftermath Presents.  It's interesting that it contains so many subliminals cause at the time Dre was trying to to get away from being involved in beefs—and told his artists to avoid hanging in clubs and getting involved with Death Row beef. 

All the lyrics above are in the song from the album... except the "Dogg Pound had a pimp (Suge)" part was probably cut out.

I thought you were talking about the rumored unleaked Tupac song called "Blunt Tyme." Got a link to this one?
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.