Author Topic: Dr. Dre, Eminem & Hittman - Forgot About Dre (remix)?  (Read 1806 times)

dj coma

Re: Dr. Dre, Eminem & Hittman - Forgot About Dre (remix)?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »

The og version of "What's The Difference" is a different story tho', it got Hittman instead of Xzibit's misplaced verse, and the beat is different as well. I prefer that version. Too bad that that song was the reason Dre and Hittman fell out.

What's the story behind that?

Hittman thought this song sounded like an Eminem song so he wanted it to go on Eminem's album, Dre wanted it to be on 2001. Hittman wanted "Blaaow" to replace it. Dre didn't agree, Hittman's verse got taken off of the song and replaced by an Xzibit verse.
Xzibit's verse was one of the last things that got recorded for this album, if not the last.

That's what eventually leaded up to Dre and Hittman fallin' out.

Where did you get that from? I thought they fell out when Hittman got dropped. Hittman was even on the "Up In Smoke" tour?

Hittman wasen't on Up In Smoke - he chosed to stay and work on his album in LA.

https://youtu.be/o-2vrISWHUo?t=56m50s

Okka

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »

The og version of "What's The Difference" is a different story tho', it got Hittman instead of Xzibit's misplaced verse, and the beat is different as well. I prefer that version. Too bad that that song was the reason Dre and Hittman fell out.

What's the story behind that?

Hittman thought this song sounded like an Eminem song so he wanted it to go on Eminem's album, Dre wanted it to be on 2001. Hittman wanted "Blaaow" to replace it. Dre didn't agree, Hittman's verse got taken off of the song and replaced by an Xzibit verse.
Xzibit's verse was one of the last things that got recorded for this album, if not the last.

That's what eventually leaded up to Dre and Hittman fallin' out.

Where did you get that from? I thought they fell out when Hittman got dropped. Hittman was even on the "Up In Smoke" tour?

Hittman wasen't on Up In Smoke - he chosed to stay and work on his album in LA.

No. He was on the tour.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2017, 10:22:38 PM »
Who remembers the Dreday site from back in the day early to mid 1999?  That site used to have some great leaks.  I remember I had the Dre solo version of "Way I Be Pimpin" with Royce on the hook and "What's the Difference" original with Hitman instead of Xzibit and an early cut of "Forgot About Dre" and "Kim" Warren G "Dope Beat" and I was bumping those tracks the whole summer of 99 well before the released versions came out.  That was one hell of a mix--I put it all on one tape along with some Royce leaks like "Money" and it was cassette tape.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)