Author Topic: Kanye West's 'The Life Of Pablo' Fails To Reach Billboard Charts  (Read 371 times)

CORREA

Kanye West's 'The Life Of Pablo' Fails To Reach Billboard Charts
« on: February 23, 2016, 03:34:10 PM »

So... after the Twitter shenanigans, the multiple album changes, the leaked songs, and the massive fashion showcase at Madison Square Garden, Kanye West's much-ballyhooed seventh album The Life Of Pablo arrived on Valentine's Day 2016... and thus far, it still has not made a dent in the Billboard charts.

What gives?

This could all be attributed to a myriad of reasons. The most obvious scapegoat is TIDAL: the website — which West has given the exclusive streaming rights to — inexplicably does not report its streams to Nielsen Music, thus unable to count toward total units and Billboard's chart rankings. Not to mention, West allowed the project to be downloaded for free upon its initial release (that option was removed, and at the moment listeners can only stream the album in its entirety). However — and because the Internets — the album set records for illegal downloads from various Torrent sites.

(Imagine the total number of illegal downloads when one factors in the other means of such tactic...)

It's not entirely bad, however. According to TMZ, The Life Of Pablo is single-handedly responsible for an exponential increase in subscribers to roughly 2.5 million, way up from original reports of around 1 million subscribers.TMZ also reports that while there has been discussion for a possible physical release of the album, nothing is set in stone yet.

in others words L

Will_B

Re: Kanye West's 'The Life Of Pablo' Fails To Reach Billboard Charts
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 05:26:10 AM »
Album was ass anyway, so no big loss

rayza

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 01:09:34 PM »
Its a non story if the streams and downloads aren't reported to billboard though? There is no other possible outcome surely?

CORREA

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
retard acts like bootlegging just started everyone's shit gets bootlegged

he says now a new album will be out in the summer ::)

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »
I don't fuck with Tidal but he just pretty much saved / made the company by having the album exclusively there, he basically just did for them what The Chronic did for Interscope

so who's losing besides the thread starter?

CORREA

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 03:18:14 PM »
I don't fuck with Tidal but he just pretty much saved / made the company by having the album exclusively there, he basically just did for them what The Chronic did for Interscope

dumb asses like yourself over hyping this garbage rapper
and The Chronic shouldn't ever be mentioned with kanye
The Chronic will live on as a legendary album on the other hand kanye keeps getting worse with zero classic albums and zero replay value
and Tidal wont be around in 5 years 3 years is pushing it
and W & L dont mean shit now thanks to retards like yourself watering it down to the levels of "hater"

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 04:38:14 PM »

The Chronic will live on as a legendary album on the other hand kanye keeps getting worse with zero classic albums and zero replay value
and W & L dont mean shit now thanks to retards like yourself watering it down to the levels of "hater"

I thought Kanye's new album mostly blew, so you just typed a big rambling incoherent response for no reason  :loser:

CORREA

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 03:26:34 PM »

I thought Kanye's new album mostly blew, so you just typed a big rambling incoherent response for no reason  :loser:
not a  rambling its all facts

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 09:07:17 PM »

not a  rambling its all facts

what are the facts that you stated? please elaborate lol