Author Topic: Jon Connor Puts the Finishing Touches on His Debut Album With Dr. Dre  (Read 874 times)

Marco

Jon Connor Puts the Finishing Touches on His Debut Album With Dr. Dre

In September of 2013, Michigan rapper Jon Connor announced that he’d signed to Dr. Dre’s Aftermath label, and though he’s released a host of tapes since then, his fans have yet to get an album. But today (March 12) he gave the world an update about what he’s been up to — and it includes finishing that album with Dre in the studio.
Fellow Aftermath artist Justus shared a picture on Instagram in the studio with Connor and Dre. The caption read “wrapping up @jonconnormusic’s debut album!”
Now that Dre has Apple Music and his Pharmacy show on Beats 1 as a platform, he can use it to push the artists on his label. Count on recent Aftermath signee Anderson .Paak to get a good look too.
.Paak actually spilled the beans that Dre has been working on new music lately. “I just got off the phone with him,” .Paak said. “He’s working right now. He’s doing a lot of work right now. I can’t really speak on it.”
It’s interesting to see how Apple Music is becoming multiple things to different artists. Part radio station, part record label, part social media, part streaming service, its use continues to evolve as the relationship between the artist and the record label develops.
Connor is a Flint native and penned a song in late January to help raise awareness about the lethal circumstances his city is up against. On Wednesday night (Mar. 2), Connor performed “Fresh Water for Flint” for the first time, joined on The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore by Keke Palmer.
Either way, Connor’s new album is shaping up to be crazy. We’ll keep you updated as we learn more about the project.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:53:58 PM by hovsince96 »
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Blood$

Re: Jon Connor Puts the Finishing Touches on His Debut Album With Dr. Dre
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:02:38 AM »
I've still never quite heard a project from him that I kept in rotation but overall I like what I hear from him as far as his rapping, hope he got some serious production with a focused direction on this debut

Matty

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 02:21:09 PM »
remember it's aftermath.

anyway here's something he put out recently, dre mixing 8) https://soundcloud.com/jon-connor-1/fresh-water-for-flint

CORREA

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »
will check out

Sccit

What happened .. This dude was dope on Compton

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 02:59:03 AM »
Wish it was a Mez album
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jome

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 09:08:55 AM »
What happened .. This dude was dope on Compton

Dunno about the album, but did you check Jon Connors "Fresh Water For Flint (Ft. Keke Palmer)" track, that dropped 2 months ago?
Had it in rotation for over a month, dope track.

Wish it was a Mez album

I kinda agree.. Connor is pretty dope, but Mez is more creative and versatile, and his style is way more unique and innovative..  8)

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:23:10 AM »
Mez is more unique, but Connor is a better rapper