Author Topic: The News...  (Read 199 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
The News...
« on: April 19, 2003, 08:30:07 PM »
The news fuckin kills me...

Its amazing how they can play on, or even create fear in people. I mean, its bad enough that they never seem to report the actual facts. Or, report anything that is not sensational. U dont have to die to make the news, you have to die...with a good story. But they play on every fuckin stereotype, and think people wont notice. When a white kid from the suburbs kills someone, they are a "confused young man". When any minority kill someone (from the hood or not), they are a "heartless criminal". I mean, out here...wit gangs the way they are, EVERYthing is "gang related" if youre a minority. When a group of 6 white guys get into a fight...its an "altercation".  When 2 blacks, mexicans, or even asians get into a fight...its ALWAYS "gang related". They know, that because of the past, people are afraid of gangs...and gang violence. Even tho it doesnt affect much of the city. So they have no problem, USING whichever minority it needs...in order to create that fear, and boost ratings. "The good story". Anybody in southern California probably heard about the "Westerfield Trial". Why was this such big news? Why was it such a big deal? The young white girl, from the suburbs was kidnapped...and missing. It was on our news EVERY fucking day..all day.  Meanwhile, Jahi Turner, a younger black boy was kidnapped, and missing also. The news hardly even covered Jahi's story, as opposed to the Van Damn story, that was givin national coverage. The Van Damn girl's body, was eventually found. The story STAYED on the news, Jahi Turner STILL hasnt been found...the story is forgotten.

The only reason i bring this shit up is, its amazing how one-sided the news is. And so many on here, use "The News" as their source for argument. When the news only tells you what u WANT to hear...not what NEEDS to be heard.

TheSheriff

Re:The News...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2003, 08:44:25 PM »
Good post. Mauzip, read this-what you see on Fox, CNN and NBC News about Al Jazeera is utterly bias. It twists facts.

And the rest of the post, about black and white criminals, spot on-it may well be that Evan from Whitey High is a confused young man, bullied by his peers and depressed, but Jamal at Hungry High is pressured by his peers and the stres of poverty into a culture of violence.

Quakaveli

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2003, 08:51:54 PM »
Wow you guys r opening my eyes  :o I didnt know CNN NBC and FOX were more biased than Al Jaheezera, wtf. too bad I dont have time for TV here or I would try to see for myself  :-\

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2003, 09:14:09 PM »
Wow you guys r opening my eyes  :o I didnt know CNN NBC and FOX were more biased than Al Jaheezera, wtf. too bad I dont have time for TV here or I would try to see for myself  :-\

dogg, u go to UCSD...the most boring campus in tha history of college, u should have plenty of time  ;D