Author Topic: Yo Seer, so what did you think of the Compton album?  (Read 1243 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Yo Seer, so what did you think of the Compton album?
« on: March 22, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
I think a review from Seer should get its own thread
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Don Seer

Re: Yo Seer, so what did you think of the Compton album?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 02:37:42 AM »

'meh'  ;D

Suga Foot

Matty

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 02:11:42 AM »

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 04:30:34 AM »
Honestly, i prefer what i heard in Kendrick Lamar, Anderson .Paak and The Game albums. But I loved "Talk To My Diary" track. Review ? Nothing special, 3/5.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

HighEyeCue

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 07:47:14 AM »
Honestly, i prefer what i heard in Kendrick Lamar, Anderson .Paak and The Game albums. But I loved "Talk To My Diary" track. Review ? Nothing special, 3/5.

"Talk To My Diary" is an amazing track...too bad the rest of the album wasn't on that level

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 08:27:44 AM »

'meh'  ;D

accurate review.

But Infinite said Compton = Chronic + 2001  :'( :'( :'(

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 06:04:56 AM »
infinite always overhypes everything..

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 09:31:18 AM »
just listened to the album at the gym, still sounds fresh to me... I don't know how people think "Talking To My Diary" is any better than joints like "All In A Day's Work", "Darkside/Gone", "Deep Water", "For The Love Of Money", etc.

in another few years as time passes I bet more than half of y'all will change your reviews  8)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 02:04:32 PM »
just listened to the album at the gym, still sounds fresh to me... I don't know how people think "Talking To My Diary" is any better than joints like "All In A Day's Work", "Darkside/Gone", "Deep Water", "For The Love Of Money", etc.

in another few years as time passes I bet more than half of y'all will change your reviews  8)

haven't listened to it in a long time but from what I remember "For The Love of Money", the track with Snoop and Jon Connor, and the other new rappers that were featured were not impressive...there were a few bright spots, Kendrick and even Em but overall I was dissapointed

I will give it another shot though

Blood$

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 04:18:47 PM »

haven't listened to it in a long time but from what I remember "For The Love of Money", the track with Snoop and Jon Connor, and the other new rappers that were featured were not impressive...there were a few bright spots, Kendrick and even Em but overall I was dissapointed

I will give it another shot though

"For The Love Of Money" in particular was one of the 'just OK' tracks to me on initial first listen but over time it's become one of my favorites

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 05:02:11 PM »
it really is a modern day classic.....the fact that it didnt get any promo whatsoever has really skewed peoples opinion of it. if a track like "deep water" was shoved down our throat on radio 24/7, then a lot of peeps would be hypin this as album of the year. as far as production goes, it's definitely the best produced rap album of the 10's.

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 05:15:21 PM »
it's definitely the best produced rap album of the 10's.

fact, the only contender would be Kendrick's TPAB

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2016, 07:46:33 PM »
it is meh..havent bumped it since it came out.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛