Author Topic: Ice Cube & Common Connect For First Time On "Real People"  (Read 380 times)

CORREA

Ice Cube & Common Connect For First Time On "Real People"
« on: March 24, 2016, 01:06:39 PM »

Twenty years ago, this type of collaboration would not have been imaginable. Following what's now recognized as one of the best hip hop songs of all time, "I Used to Love H.E.R," Ice Cube took Common to task for a perceived slight, releasing "Westside Slaughterhouse" alongside Mack 10 and WC (as the Westside Connection). Lonnie responded in kind with "The B*tch in Yoo," which ironically is considered one of the best diss tracks of all time, and the two went back and forth throughout the majority of the Nineties.

Time heals all wounds, however, and both Common and Cube — now an Oscar winner and Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame inductee, respectively — have since put their differences to the side and will star in the new film Barbershop: The Next Cut. More than that, the two have collaborated on a new song for the very first time, "Real People."

Westdog

Re: Ice Cube & Common Connect For First Time On "Real People"
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 04:17:31 AM »
Dope song, dope flow
This my town, I run it, you walk it
You just now learnin’ the game, I taught it

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice Cube & Common Connect For First Time On "Real People"
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 08:23:43 AM »
Common always brings the heat
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"