Author Topic: Where does 50 Cent "Back Down" rank on all time diss records?  (Read 510 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Top 5? Top 10?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

Re: Where does 50 Cent "Back Down" rank on all time diss records?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 04:17:28 AM »
doesn't make any top imo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 04:59:13 AM »
doesn't make any top imo

Then what's your #10.. cause I can't think of 10 better... it's one of the best IMO...

"Wit A Dre Day"
"Hit Em Up"
"2nd Round Knockout"
"Square Dance"
"Say What You Say"
"Toss It Up"

...off the top of my head those are the only tracks I'd put ahead of it... but I can't think of many

bouli77

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:51:32 AM »
Real Muthaphukkin' G'z
Bitch in Yoo
Hit 'Em Up
Ether
No Vaseline
Dollaz & Sense
The Takeover
Bomb First
What Would You Do
Jack the Ripper

other strong contenders :
Against all odds, The Bridge is Over, Who's Fuckin' Who, Def Wish, Live By Yo Rep, Pimp Slapp'd, 300 bars,

To be fair I don't think Fuck Wit Dre Day is a good diss song, that's a classic song musically speaking (prod wise, flow wise), but as a diss song it's pretty weak cause Dre's lines weren't particularly biting and he got destroyed by Eazy E and BG Knocc'Out & Dresta. Snoop's verse is dope as hell but focuses on Luke and his attacks aren't particularly clever or witty.

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 08:58:53 AM »
top 100, good diss but very over-rated... there were harder records going at Ja/Murder INC.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »
top 150

CORREA

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 12:25:58 PM »
Real Muthaphukkin' G'z

Against all odds, The Bridge is Over, Who's Fuckin' Who, Def Wish, Live By Yo Rep, Pimp Slapp'd, 300 bars,

To be fair I don't think Fuck Wit Dre Day is a good diss song, that's a classic song musically speaking (prod wise, flow wise), but as a diss song it's pretty weak cause Dre's lines weren't particularly biting and he got destroyed by Eazy E

lmao more like his ghost writer

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 05:13:27 PM »
Real Muthaphukkin' G'z

To be fair I don't think Fuck Wit Dre Day is a good diss song, that's a classic song musically speaking (prod wise, flow wise), but as a diss song it's pretty weak cause Dre's lines weren't particularly biting and he got destroyed by Eazy E

lmao more like his ghost writer

Dre and Eazy both used ghost writers so it doesn't really matter. Real Muthaphukkin' G'z is the better written diss song. Easy's use of ghostwriters doesn't make the points he made in the song any less valid ("all of a sudden Dr Dre is a G Thang but on his own album covers he was a she thang" "Dre Day only meant eazy's pay day"). Dre's verse on the other end doesn't really have any memorable line and isn't as focused and sharp as Eazy's.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 11:35:18 PM »
Real Muthaphukkin' G'z
Bitch in Yoo
Hit 'Em Up
Ether
No Vaseline
Dollaz & Sense
The Takeover
Bomb First
What Would You Do
Jack the Ripper

Out of those the only I'd agree with is maybe "The Bridge Is Over"... and it was of course before my time, and "Dollaz and Sense" is close... "Bomb First" and "Against All Odds" are definitely better than "Back Down" but I didn't really take them as outright diss records.. but it is a close call

...As much of a Nas fan as I am, and as much as I hate Jay Z... I just thought "Ether" was a good song, but not great or classic

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 05:02:01 PM »
Back Down was weak and hella overrated. "Doe Rae Me" and "Bump Heads" were waaay better disses. If anything Back Down was the "quit while you're ahead" point in the beef.

The song is only 13 years old and I can't remember the last time I played it as opposed to records like the Jada vs. Beans disses.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Remedy360

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »
Back Down was weak and hella overrated. "Doe Rae Me" and "Bump Heads" were waaay better disses. If anything Back Down was the "quit while you're ahead" point in the beef.

Was thinking the same thing. Back Down was a cool song but those two were harder.

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 10:17:09 PM »

Was thinking the same thing. Back Down was a cool song but those two were harder.

Mietek23

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 04:03:03 AM »
Not a Top 10 for sure, but you can put it out somewhere in Top 11-20.