Author Topic: Astros and Royals are the best teams in all of MLB going into 2016, IMO...  (Read 669 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
The Astros are young and dangerous.  The Royals needed a miracle comeback to escape the first round against them last year.   They are most definitely the team that scares me the most in 2016.  

The Astros are a team that relies heavily on sabermetrics (which I agree with).  They use defensive shifts and aren't afraid to pull starters early to avoid a 3rd time through a batting order.  The Royals are more of a mix of old school (trust your gut) type of organization that believed in players and developed a great locker room chemistry... and were able to make it work by making defensive + relief pitching into a championship formula.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Remedy360

Yeah, that the Astros are stacked. Watching them from the outside, people thought that they would make that step this year, but they already proved to be a playoff caliber team last season. With all the young talent and money they stocked up by tanking over the last several seasons their ceiling is huge, that windows gonna be open for a while as well.

Hack Wilson - real

Giants and cardinals will be good as normal

Remedy360

Cubs have a monster team. Of course, now that expectations are back they may just fall on the face like the good ol days.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Yeah, that the Astros are stacked. Watching them from the outside, people thought that they would make that step this year, but they already proved to be a playoff caliber team last season. With all the young talent and money they stocked up by tanking over the last several seasons their ceiling is huge, that windows gonna be open for a while as well.

No doubt.... actually I remember when they first started inserting all those young prospects into their lineup.  I'm a big fan of sabermetrics and regularly follow the guy that created baseball prosepectus, Rany Jazerli.  When I saw that the Astros had overhauled their management and gone all in as devotees to the Sabermetrics cult—it really peaked my interests.  I saw them doing dramatic shifts in the field and pulling starters early.  I was really impressed that they cut out all the old school crap and just stuck to the numbers.... real impressive.... so even when others thought their hot start last year was a fluke I knew they were for real.

Then they played the Royals in the playoffs and they had these young kids just hammering the ball out of the ball park on the reggie... that team has it all and with young guys they are only going to get better.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Cubs have a monster team. Of course, now that expectations are back they may just fall on the face like the good ol days.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs end up like the 2016 version of the Padres.  It makes me happy to see when plans to buy championships don't workout.  They bought Zobrist from the Royals and that guy is a hell of a player... maybe time will catch up to him as he's getting up there in age.  I'm rooting for the Cubbies to fail.

Remedy360

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs end up like the 2016 version of the Padres.  It makes me happy to see when plans to buy championships don't workout.  They bought Zobrist from the Royals and that guy is a hell of a player... maybe time will catch up to him as he's getting up there in age.  I'm rooting for the Cubbies to fail.

Eh, the Padres were pretty scrapped together. Although there were some big name moves it's fairly easy to look back in hindsight and see why things didn't work there. The Cubs essentially added some nice pieces to what was already a great/winning core of players. Something about Joe Maddon really seems to work with players as well.

Hack Wilson - real

the padres sucked dick and traded away their best players

fuck those faggots...fraud ass team that should be moved ASAP

Sccit

DODGERS