Author Topic: Hulk Hogan Takes A Victory Lap in NYC!  (Read 679 times)

CORREA

Hulk Hogan Takes A Victory Lap in NYC!
« on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:29 PM »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Hulk Hogan Takes A Victory Lap in NYC!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 06:28:36 PM »
I guess this proves Hulk really isn't a racist. I mean he won in court.

CORREA

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:33:10 PM »

of course he was going to win the hulkster lays down for no one 8)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:56:00 AM »

Except for Warrior and Sting but then he kicks out early and tells Nick Patrick to make sure the fast count isn't that fast. Oh how I wish told to put over Bruiser Brody or Dick Slater and he screwed them the same way. Youd see a shoot break out.

DRGNBLZN

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 09:04:08 AM »
Hulkamania stays schemin!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 11:12:07 AM »

Except for Warrior and Sting but then he kicks out early and tells Nick Patrick to make sure the fast count isn't that fast. Oh how I wish told to put over Bruiser Brody or Dick Slater and he screwed them the same way. Youd see a shoot break out.

He would have never wrestled them.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 07:32:51 PM »

Yeah, you're right. He wouldn't even get in the ring with Rick Rude, and Rude was always a professional, in the ring at least. Slater would break Hogan's ribs. I'm surprised he ever got in the ring with Scott Steiner.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »

Yeah, you're right. He wouldn't even get in the ring with Rick Rude, and Rude was always a professional, in the ring at least. Slater would break Hogan's ribs. I'm surprised he ever got in the ring with Scott Steiner.

He did battle Rude before....

But I think he knew what would happen if Rude really wanted to take him out. Hogan was a very smart man on who he could take. It's not like Hogan was just some wimp, he could hold his own in many areas. But he knew his limits.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2016, 09:49:42 AM »

But I think he knew what would happen if Rude really wanted to take him out. Hogan was a very smart man on who he could take. It's not like Hogan was just some wimp, he could hold his own in many areas. But he knew his limits.

I meant Rude in WCW. It made sense that Rude who was a main event error in WCW when Hogan came in and had both had WWF history would work together. The reason they didn't I assume is due to Rude was known by Hogan to work stiff and have a backstage mean streak.

Hogan was never a wimp. He's a huge man but against guys his size who were full out fighters he'd get killed. Remember the reason Gagne wouldn't put the belt on him despite his popularity; Gagne knew in a cross promotion match any decent catch wrestler would walk away with the belt. Hatley Race and even Ric Flair were at least trained enough to know how to get in a defensive position and hold until the ref can figure something out. If Shiek had gone through with the payoff Hogan wouldn't have been able to do anything.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 02:05:09 PM »

I meant Rude in WCW. It made sense that Rude who was a main event error in WCW when Hogan came in and had both had WWF history would work together. The reason they didn't I assume is due to Rude was known by Hogan to work stiff and have a backstage mean streak.

Hogan was never a wimp. He's a huge man but against guys his size who were full out fighters he'd get killed. Remember the reason Gagne wouldn't put the belt on him despite his popularity; Gagne knew in a cross promotion match any decent catch wrestler would walk away with the belt. Hatley Race and even Ric Flair were at least trained enough to know how to get in a defensive position and hold until the ref can figure something out. If Shiek had gone through with the payoff Hogan wouldn't have been able to do anything.

Well in WCW, I don't think he trust the organization to protect him the same way Vince did in WWF. From some interviews, it looked like he had a lot of trust issues when he stepped into WCW, and going against someone like Rude wouldn't have helped them.

Also, with AWA, many in AWA discredited that rumor. They said that Hogan was suppose to win the title but he didn't want it. Hogan claims Verne wanted him to marry his daughter, I also don't trust that either. But from everything I can gather, both Verne and Hogan had a very hard time trusting each other. Verne was not an idiot, he knew dollar signs when he saw them. He knew those dollar signs where with Hogan. Hogan also knew that he had more freedom to travel to Japan without the AWA title, and as long as he didn't have the title then he was free to travel on his own schedule and make more money. I highly doubt Verne's daughter played a role, but let's just play with the fact that it did, then I'm sure Verne wanted that as insurance to make sure Hulk doesn't double cross him on one of his Japanese tours, which eventually happened with Stan Hanson. But that's only fantasy booking as far as I'm concern. But I do think it Hulk not winning the title had way more to do with Hogan's earning potential in Japan more-so than Verne thinking Hogan was going to be taken down in a shoot. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »
I can't speak on Verne's reasoning to keeping the belt off Hogan or Hogan claiming he didn't want the belt. But I am certain that Hogan would never admit he wasn't given a belt based on his lack of ability to defend himself in a shoot.

The fact remains that against any top shooter Hogan would be heavily the underdog.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
I can't speak on Verne's reasoning to keeping the belt off Hogan or Hogan claiming he didn't want the belt. But I am certain that Hogan would never admit he wasn't given a belt based on his lack of ability to defend himself in a shoot.

The fact remains that against any top shooter Hogan would be heavily the underdog.

A few things, I highly doubt Verne would put Hogan in there with a real shooter. Secondly, Greg stated that him and Verne wanted to give Hogan a piece of the business. Basically if Hogan was going to be champ, they needed buy in since Vince was starting his talent raid. Greg admitted that Hogan didn't trust Verne because Verne was selling his own Hulkamania gear without giving Hogan any money, and Hogan was also selling his own stuff when he appeared. So business wise, the trust between Hogan and Verne was so low. Also, Hogan was still being booked with New Japan and AWA had Japanese tour agreements with All Japan. These two never saw eye to eye. Verne wasn't going to just put his belt on someone he doesn't trust, and Hogan didn't want to belt because he wanted the freedom to make money in New Japan. If you read more into this, especially from people who worked inside AWA, the Hogan/Gagne business partnership was highly dysfunctional.