Author Topic: What role does MOB play on the music industry?  (Read 1789 times)

abusive

What role does MOB play on the music industry?
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:25:23 PM »
I really don't know how to ask this question or if it's even one that should be asked. But from what I have seen there are a few rappers out here now that are reppin' MOB with pinky rings and tattoos. I understand that a few may mean it as money over b!tches but then there are others who mean it as the set. Can we discuss the set and their influence over music/artist, or nah?

Suge Knight

Lil' Flip

Rick Ross

Here's the interview the pic is from if you want to see it more clearly. He flaunted it throughout the entire interview.

Lil' Wayne's MOB tat with Damu written in red on it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:36:23 PM by abusive »
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

bouli77

Re: What roll does MOB have on the music industry?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »
It would make sense if Wayne repped the set since he's a wanna be blood.

As for Rick Ross, it could also be worn as a fashion statement, just like other entertainers are wearing Death Row clothes nowadays (Justin Bieber, 2 Chainz among others...). I think MOB has become sort of legendary and it's bound to be used and re-used in common rap culture just like everything revolving around the Mafia has been glorified an re-used over and over (Gotti, Gambino, Capone, Corleone, etc.)

the Mob Figaz claimed Mob (obviously not the blood set) a lot too, and then of course there was the whole Mob Music movement (mob shit bitch) in the bay throughout the 90's and 00's

Sccit

Re: What roll does MOB have on the music industry?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 07:17:23 PM »
it's everything from a blood gang, to a bay area signature sound, to a basic acronym.....to be "mobby", "mobbin", etc. has been used to death wit no gang association, so at this point, it's any1s guess as to who means what. at the end of the day, most industry cats reppin sets aint really in the streets to begin wit, just payin off reputable g's for their backing, so it's a loaded question and one that probably doesn't have a definitive answer.

bigpimpin20

Re: What role does MOB play on the music industry?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 04:13:02 AM »
from rick rosses, tygas and all them rappers only lil wayne and cash money have connection to the real mob, member of the comptons mob piru moved to the new orlean and put them cats on it. thats why suge always supported wayne and he wont call him a fake blood. laughable but its the truth
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:21:04 AM by bigpimpin20 »

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 01:10:59 PM »
And rest assured they didn't do it for free either

Eddz

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:42:53 AM »
I've been listening to the Luniz, Swoop G and 3x Krazy and their "Mobb" songs are the shit. They should of dropped an Oakland Mobb album consisting of the Luniz, Dru Down, Cydal, 3x Krazy & Swoop G, it would of been nuts!

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 10:52:45 AM »
I've been listening to the Luniz, Swoop G and 3x Krazy and their "Mobb" songs are the shit. They should of dropped an Oakland Mobb album consisting of the Luniz, Dru Down, Cydal, 3x Krazy & Swoop G, it would of been nuts!

CORREA

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 05:36:55 PM »
I really don't know how to ask this question or if it's even one that should be asked. But from what I have seen there are a few rappers out here now that are reppin' MOB with pinky rings and tattoos. I understand that a few may mean it as money over b!tches but then there are others who mean it as the set. Can we discuss the set and their influence over music/artist, or nah?

Suge Knight

Lil' Flip

Rick Ross

Here's the interview the pic is from if you want to see it more clearly. He flaunted it throughout the entire interview.

Lil' Wayne's MOB tat with Damu written in red on it.

none zero %

wayne and ross are gimmicks
suge played a character
Lil' Flip is a nobody

funny just 4 or 5 years ago everyone were bloods now everyone is a savage pos drill/trap rapper thats what happen to mob gimmick and btw

abusive

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 08:35:30 AM »
Thanks for the replies.
from rick rosses, tygas and all them rappers only lil wayne and cash money have connection to the real mob, member of the comptons mob piru moved to the new orlean and put them cats on it. thats why suge always supported wayne and he wont call him a fake blood. laughable but its the truth
Here is something I found on the subject at another forum concerning Lil' Wayne and the subject.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
El Jefe- I know term personally i aint gotta watch no daamn rap video .. tremaine aka red karpet aka Terminator

thats my bigg homie , I know capo but i know his brother D watt better , n flow is the lil homie who u think got him on the joint wit bigfase 100

the homies was hella tyte wit bws eaaarly , they used 2 always b on brazil.. we used 2 kall it cedar mob when we was rollin 2getehr !!
==================================

the way weezy n got them put on is thru capos relationship with term .. birdman n weezy was beggin 2 b put on .. so they had 2 come out there pockets 2 do so and they been payin the hood since ( older heads )

Birdman aint that close 2 term like he is wit weezy , he also pay bounty hunnaz fo protection in LA  ..
no monthly membership was more so the older heads who was against the idea @ first but then it made sense gettin the hood stablished out there n gettin money

term n weezy been close .. but capo the real key to that relationship .. capo even been on the road wit drake for a few tours as part of that insurance plan 
I'm Neutral on the Matter i can see points bein Raised on both sides

I aint got no probz with it because other people from the hood are bein fed off it .. theeir is 2 ways 2 look @ it .. but @ the same time u got people actively doin dirt n doin time that look 2 it as a comedy that this guy is reppin something they have lived and done time for ..

bein round tune and people from the set ..abd the way its been sold 2 me is its more of a homage ..he reppin n flyin that flag and he aint doin it in a disrespectful way or to mock the work mfz put in..that how its been sold and what ive seen when i been round them

He has brought a spotlight to this lifestyle n money in to the hood

He alwayz Treated the older heads from hood respectful and he always reppin 2 the fullest

u gotta keep n mind before weezy  started reppin it hard .. this was a crip nation , the streets already out numbered bloods n then the industry had crips reppin 24/7

Now the hottest artist is bringing spotlight to a lifestyle that people been reppin fo years .. its not looked @ from a negative standpoint from most members ..

People look it @ a different way 2 people online

:ufdup:u need 2 know watcha talkin bout

the group ... that group aint the 1's claimin shyt

the hood stamped em

term stamped them capo did the same n so did marley g

there is bloods from the east shore to uptown
homey

a rap group dont make a gang !!!! u sound like a idiot that 3 x people staretd a rap group started claimin bloods , and these is the people who make bloods relevant in th NO??

1 of the og homieys n shot callers from MOB piru co signed this and u tryin 2 make it like its just a rap group and they homies LOL youz a goddamn lie

u saw the video clip u think 30 other mfz is in the group as well lol

u obviously aint out there like that .. these aint the only 1 from NO reppin that from the esho .. i see the homeys bark n scrap with people who b on they neighborhood b shyt in uptown n they aint claimin no MOB shyt.. they klaimin sumthin else altogether

so every1 in NO did a video fo called 'welcome to my hood ' and aint not 1 of em have a problem with bloods reppin or say thats sum fake shyt or we aint bout that out chea ?/

LOL u may live there but u aint know watts goin on..

K.Gates "Welcome To My Hood" New Orleans Raw Edition {Documentary Musical}
got to the end of the video - term even all up in that ,,,
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/weezy-got-n-o-banging-now-interview-with-gang-members.47955/
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.

123imagee

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 10:47:50 PM »

lil bob gotti-east side mob piru

any1 know who did they beat?or if it´s "stolen" then who rapped on it originally?

any other rappers that claim MOB (piru)?

123imagee

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 11:11:47 PM »

lil bob gotti-east side mob piru

any1 know who did they beat?or if it´s "stolen" then who rapped on it originally?

any other rappers that claim MOB (piru)?

REAL ORIGINAL MOB PIRU RAP:

SALI B

Sali B-Stain Chaser

Sali B-Lock N Load

Sali B-In The Streets

Sali B-Turn Pike

Sali B-Babemama

Sali B-Def Of Hell

Sali B-Get Up Out My Face

LIL BOB GOTTI

Lil Bob Gotti ft. A-Bo-Gotti Is The Name

Lil Bob Gotti ft. A-Bo & Flames-Get Head

Lil Bob Gotti ft. A-Bo-Set Trip City

Lil Bob Gotti ft. Yung Gully & A-Bo-Knockin Heads Off

Lil Bob Gotti ft. Tha Realest & Bone Crusher-Ridin´

Lil Bob Gotti ft. A-Bo-ABO

Lil Bob Gotti-I Love It

Lil Bob Gotti ft. Yung Gully-All I See

any1 got this mixtape?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 11:31:20 PM by Felonious Kapo »

123imagee

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 11:46:29 PM »
Monkeys on bikes diru