Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24071 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Snoop Dogg - New Album coming soon (July)
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2016, 10:58:40 PM »
I thought Blue Carpet Treatment had more filler than Doggumentary.

Yeah I agree. BTC is marginally better overall but there's loads of filler on it

Snoop is done anyway. Not expecting much tbh

Yeah, maybe I will have to go back and check out Blue Carpet Treatment, because I think it had a lot of Dre production and DOC was even around...

but.. like what was said above I miss having a Snoop album you could bang from front to back.  The Last Meal was the last Snoop album I could bump from front to back.  Unless you count albums like the Wide Awake Haven't You Heard LBC Crew album, I thought was solid beggining to end.  Really enjoyed that release, and if they did nothing else, at least Wide Awake did that.

Can't believe I forgot the snoop lion project.   I really felt that was a great project top to bottom, video and album.  Going on a journey with snoop in his spiritual quest I really felt that.  It is also the album that really helped me bond with my son, and just like I fell in love with hiphop upon first seeing snoop on the "wit a dre day" video my son, a generation later got into snoop thru the reincarnation album.   I will never forget the day we we first got the album and listened to it on the way to the royals baseball game and then the next morning he went and told his teacher he loved Snoop and that snoop was his favorite rapper.  I was so proud of my son.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2016, 05:35:01 AM »
"Dead Man Walkin" is a compilation of old Snoop Dogg songs. I wouldn't call it a solo.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:21 AM »
I think Tha Last Meal was his 2nd best...couldve been a classic album if the tracks that were left off were included

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2016, 09:33:41 AM »
"Dead Man Walkin" is a compilation of old Snoop Dogg songs. I wouldn't call it a solo.

When it's previously unreleased material, it's generally not referred to as a compilation.. It's an unofficial solo put out by suge.

Okka

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2016, 06:01:51 AM »

When it's previously unreleased material, it's generally not referred to as a compilation.. It's an unofficial solo put out by suge.

Sure, you can call it a "solo", but it's a compilation of unreleased songs that were recorded for different projects that somebody decided to put together and release.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
Sure, you can call it a "solo", but it's a compilation (...)
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 12:38:09 PM »

Sure, you can call it a "solo", but it's a compilation of unreleased songs that were recorded for different projects that somebody decided to put together and release.

Since suge put it out, sure .. But you can say that about any album almost, because a lot of times, albums don't consist only of material recorded specifically for that album. You compile the best tracks and put out the best product possible, whether it was recorded wit the album in mind or not .. So really, every album is a compilation of tracks. To compile just means to put together .. But suge released it as the album snoop was meant to put out on death row following doggfather. I count it as a snoop album, and most def count smokefest as one since snoop put that out himself.

Okka

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 12:46:29 PM »
Yeah, i feel you, but some of the songs on "Dead Man Walkin" were supposed to be on "Tha Doggfather". "Hit Rocks" was supposed to be on the LBC Crew album. "Head Doctor" was a Swoop G song. "C-Walkin" was remade by Big Hutch. "Midnight Love" was supposed to be on that EP that you're talkin' about, but it didn't end up on "Dead Man Walkin" though.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2016, 03:13:21 PM »
Yeah, i feel you, but some of the songs on "Dead Man Walkin" were supposed to be on "Tha Doggfather". "Hit Rocks" was supposed to be on the LBC Crew album. "Head Doctor" was a Swoop G song. "C-Walkin" was remade by Big Hutch. "Midnight Love" was supposed to be on that EP that you're talkin' about, but it didn't end up on "Dead Man Walkin" though.

Plus, Snoop Dogg basically released independently his "SmokeFest" compilation which was previously an shelved Death Row project, just like "Doggumentary" EP. Some of the previously unreleased tracks which appeared in "Dead Man Wakin" (Snoop Doggy Dogg As His Best) and the Death Row Greatest Hits came from this era. Everybody can say, now, that Death Row was still dead but "Until The End Of Time", "Dead Man Walkin", "Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits" or "Tha Dogg Pound 2002" were quality compilations released by Death Row, still alvi thanks to his vault. But yeah, just like compilations.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2016, 03:17:42 PM »

Plus, Snoop Dogg basically released independently his "SmokeFest" compilation which was previously an shelved Death Row project, just like "Doggumentary" EP. Some of the previously unreleased tracks which appeared in "Dead Man Wakin" (Snoop Doggy Dogg As His Best) and the Death Row Greatest Hits came from this era. Everybody can say, now, that Death Row was still dead but "Until The End Of Time", "Dead Man Walkin", "Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits" or "Tha Dogg Pound 2002" were quality compilations released by Death Row, still alvi thanks to his vault. But yeah, just like compilations.

And relapse was a compilation of tracks intended for detox .. It doesn't make it any less of a solo album.

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2016, 11:44:06 PM »
cant wait.... snoop still puts out some nice music.  8)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2016, 10:16:45 AM »
I think Tha Last Meal was his 2nd best...couldve been a classic album if the tracks that were left off were included

Yeah, but the Top Dogg album was near classic as well.  I'd say Last Meal and Top Dogg were equal.  Snoop had a nice resergence in those days with another near classic being the 1rst Eastsidaz album sandwhiched in between
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2016, 01:20:09 PM »

And relapse was a compilation of tracks intended for detox .. It doesn't make it any less of a solo album.

Who said that? The beats maybe, but the songs? I doubt that.

Sccit

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2016, 02:12:26 PM »

Who said that? The beats maybe, but the songs? I doubt that.

yea, most of those beats were intended for detox.......so technically, it's a compilation of detox beats wit eminem rappin over em. u get the drift bro.

nad45

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »
New snippet, prod by Rockwilder

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:01:43 AM by nad45 »