Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24028 times)

nad45

Re: Snoop Dogg - New Album coming soon (July)
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2016, 11:01:56 AM »
And Dre is working on the album  8)

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2016, 12:52:52 PM »
Maybe
I said maybe
I'm buying the new snoop album
I'm a little hyped since these IG videos

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2016, 12:54:24 PM »
Is the release date with July confirmed???

Sccit

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »
New snippet, prod by Rockwilder

This ones alright, was fuckin wit the jus blaze snippet more

Scrappy Doo

« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2016, 02:34:16 PM »
New snippet, prod by Rockwilder

This ones alright, was fuckin wit the jus blaze snippet more

Just Blaze said on rapradar that the beat in the IG video isnt his.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2016, 12:46:28 PM »
The Just Blaze track that he previewed in the IG video just might be the best Snoop track I've heard in ten years. For whoever said he needs to go gangster on that one - don't worry, he does. It's basically a nostalgia trip for fans of vintage Snoop - a lot of nods to his classic lyrics ("it's still 187 if you bitch n****s need that"; "creeping through the fog," etc.) but delivered with an energy that's been missing from his recent material. He truly sounds reinvigorated on this track. Rest of the album is shaping up nicely too - even the Swizz collaborations pleasantly surprised me, considering I've never imagined their styles meshing on paper.
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

nad45

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2016, 03:52:30 PM »
The Just Blaze track that he previewed in the IG video just might be the best Snoop track I've heard in ten years. For whoever said he needs to go gangster on that one - don't worry, he does. It's basically a nostalgia trip for fans of vintage Snoop - a lot of nods to his classic lyrics ("it's still 187 if you bitch n****s need that"; "creeping through the fog," etc.) but delivered with an energy that's been missing from his recent material. He truly sounds reinvigorated on this track. Rest of the album is shaping up nicely too - even the Swizz collaborations pleasantly surprised me, considering I've never imagined their styles meshing on paper.
You've heard the album?
Do you know if Dre produced some tracks?

Sccit

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »

How'd you hear it

Marco

« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 07:53:52 AM »

Besides rebuilding his DoggyStyle Records, Snoop Dogg is ready to release his next solo LP, more than 20 years after the release of the label's namesake Doggy Style. The new album is slated to drop July 1, according to an Instagram post and Facebook live session that Snoop Dogg hosted today (May 23).

The Long Beach legend released his "Late Nights" single on 4/20.

For his new album, Snoop has been cooking with Just Blaze, who discussed the direction that they are working towards.

"Some of the stuff that I’ve been working on lately just kind of felt like an updated version of that old Death Row sound, kind of an updated G-Funk," he says. "I just started working on these tracks and they had a lot of those similar elements, just felt like newer versions of that feeling."

DoggyStyle and The Doggfather were both released on Death Row Records.

The Doggfather's last output was Bush, which was released last May. This project was exclusively produced by Pharrell.

Snoop Dogg is set to embark on "The High Road Tour" with Wiz Khalifa, which starts July 20, where people can probably expect him to perform some of his new tracks.
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Matty

« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2016, 08:53:41 AM »
sounds like it's gonna be a good one.

loved the hell of out bush, but it felt more like a side project and a pharrell thing than a mainline snoop album, if that makes sense.

hope he has something with quik or dre or both, then it might be truly great. fredwreck would be dope too.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:29:08 AM by Matty »

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2016, 10:03:22 AM »
Bush was alright .. I'm intrigued by this release because they talkin bout it's an updated gfunk sound.. And 7 dayz of funk was excellent.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 12:43:58 PM »
June/July will be WestCoast as Fuck damn with AD,YG, Game, Snoop and probably Q & Nipsey dropping  :o

dnjp4life

« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2016, 02:21:42 AM »
Judging by the two IG snippets, it's shaping up to be a nice sounding album. I'm excited for this, Snoop's still got it.
Any word on the name of the album?

AftermathBeats

« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2016, 09:01:54 AM »
Snoop Dogg ' The Return of Doggystyle' coming July 1th

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2016, 11:31:01 AM »
Snoop Dogg ' The Return of Doggystyle' coming July 1th

Is that the real title