Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24051 times)

PLANT

Re: Snoop Dogg - New Album coming soon (July)
« Reply #165 on: June 28, 2016, 04:02:59 AM »
Got to listen to "Legend" this morning.  I was looking forward to this track, and I think it will take a few spins to settle in.  The vocals are different on this track for Snoop.  The way they recorded his voice, is a different sound that I don't think Ive heard him like before.  The track has serious banger potential.

Konnekted

• Lil Geezy
Re: Snoop Dogg "Cool Aid" Album. July 1st (Official Tracklist)
« Reply #166 on: June 28, 2016, 05:05:10 AM »
"Legend" prod by Bongo also out on SoundCloud now:
https://soundcloud.com/snoopdogg/legend

Desert Lord

« Reply #167 on: June 28, 2016, 03:47:43 PM »
uh hell yeah !
sounds like snoop will finally release another dope product 
looking forward to this   8)

soopa-man

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2016, 04:50:03 AM »
It's available on iTunes already if you have an account that you pay for monthly really strong album, havnt listened to it all yet, but the first half is real strong.  The track with $hort is dope as fuck, swizz is at the end of cool-aid and the next track after that is produced by swizz it has snoop flowing his ass of with a good delivery but the beat is not as dope but surprising for a swizz track.  For once so far snoops flow is actually a strong point to the tracks.

soopa-man

« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2016, 04:52:00 AM »
^^^ after I listened to it, reminds me of his "one shot one kill" flow

PLANT

« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2016, 06:01:05 AM »
"My Carz" added to iTunes this morning....havnt had a chance to listen yet tho

WestWestYA

Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2016, 10:09:03 AM »

01. Legend
02. Ten Toes Down
03. Don’t Stop (feat. Too Short)
04. Super Crip
05. Coolaid Man
06. Let Me See Em Up (feat. Swizz Beatz)
07. Point Seen Money Gone (feat. Jeremih)
08. Oh Na Na (feat. Wiz Khalifa)
09. My Carz
10. Two Or More
11. Affiliated (feat. Trick Trick)
12. Feel About Snoop
13. Light It Up (feat. Swizz Beatz)
14. Side Piece
15. Kush Ups (feat. Wiz Khalifa)
16. Double Tap (feat. E-40 & Jazze Pha)
17. Got Those
18. Let the Beat Drop (Celebrate) (feat. Swizz Beatz)
19. What If (feat. Suga Free)
20. Revolution (feat. October London)

Album has leaked and its BANGIN! THE DOGG IS BACK WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!!!  8)

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2016, 10:17:34 AM »
I have been able to stream the album on iTunes today apart from the last 2  tracks which won't play.

I have to say, this is a damn good effort from Snoop and I meant the 'effort' part.

My complaint about Snoop in recent years has been about  him not  being hungry, bothered or interested but he put in work on this project and I'm impressed.

it's 2016 and for Snoop to still sound so clean and fresh on the mic is impressive.

So far I'll give the album 7/10.

I will rate each track in my next comment.

Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2016, 10:23:11 AM »
Streamed it on iTunes and I agree with you.

Snoop delivered, a couple of filler tracks but overall a solid album
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Smoke

« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2016, 10:24:04 AM »
Daz production (the number 8) is incredibile. Great westcoast beat

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
Why another thread for this album? there's alreayd 2...

WestWestYA

« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2016, 10:46:02 AM »
Why another thread for this album? there's alreayd 2...

Because Revolution!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2016, 11:19:30 AM »
I'll rate each track out of 5 (my opinion and how I feel each track)

Legend  - 3.5 (sound way better than than the live version)

Ten Toes Down - 4 (Proper Westcoast banger! The beat got your head bobbing from the jump and Snoop deliver a lovely flow to it, one of my favourites)

Don't stop feat Too Short - 4 (If you've heard the snippet you know what to expect, one of the best  Short and Dogg collaboration)

Super Crip - 4.5 (A really good effort, it's a mix of different Snoop style and Just Blaze was on point with the beat )

Coolaid Man - 4.5 (This is my personal favourite, I just can't get enough of this track! The tittle track embodied what the Album tittle is about, Cool & Laid Back, The beat is so chilled and Snoop managed to ride it the same way while spitting about his style and how cool the dogg is)

See em up feat Swizz Beat - 3.5 (Beat is alright, Swizz managed to deliver a Westcoast sounding beat but nothing special, Snoop flow on point and made the song)

Point Seen Money Gone - 3.5 (Good track but not really my thing, kind of track that can do well on the radio, flow and chorus are decent but I can't stand the extra autotune at the end, unnecessary in my opinion)

Oh Na Na feat Wiz - 3 (Cool track with that old school vibe, nothing special, I'm not big on Snoop & Wiz collaboration)

My Carz - 2.5 /5 (Average track, too vain and basic, not for me)

Two or More - 3.5 (A typical Snoop ol school funk influenced track, produced by Snoop himself, good track to groove to)

Affiliated feat Trick Trick - 3.5 (decent track, I likee the  Juvenile style Snoop started with and Trick did his thing, alright track)

Feel About Snoop - 3 (Not for me but I suspect some people will like it , just not feeling it but well produced)

Light Up feat Swizz Beat - 2 (Have no idea why this track is on there, Snoop weakest flow of the album, Swizz part is decent but just doesn't fit the vibe of the album)

Side Piece - 3 (I kind of like this for what it is, laid back and Snoop flow nicely on this)

Kush Up feat Wiz - 3 (Beat and flow not bad, just not for me again, I don't think Wiz and Dogg have that natural chemistry, would've prefer this if it's a solo Snoop track or solo Wiz track)

Double Tap - 3 (Another radio friendly track, the content, beat and chorus scream out - please play me on the radio nonstop!)

Got Those - 3.5 (This is the kind of radio friendly attempt I like, Snoop flow is pretty good on this.
I guess I'm just a sucker for Snoop + Timbo collaboration)

Let the beat drop feat Swizz - 2.5 (Average! 2 out of the 3 Swizz Beat tracks are just average and not for Snoop)

What if feat Sugar Free - 3.5 (No need to say much on this, Snoop & Sugar Free did their thang as usual)

Revolution feat October King - 4 (Just Blaze did it again! Managed to bring out the best in Snoop.)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:21:44 AM by geezy »
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Sccit

« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2016, 11:29:52 AM »
So a couple bangers mixed in wit a buncha average joints .. Like I thought, doggumentary 2..I'll wait til i get it to give it a chance tho

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
Just gave this album a first listen and I really enjoyed the beginning but then it decreased a bit at the end.
First, why people still fuckin with Swizz Beatz? I was a fan of his music when he was doing all this bangers for Ruff Ryders and DMX specially but damn... on this record his beats are fuckin trash and his voice all over is even trasher damn..
But well hopefully at the very end we got the amazing Suga Free assisted banger "WHAT IF" and the last song is also a good one but it sounded more like something made for The Game
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:24:04 PM by Dogg Ly Dogg »