Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24043 times)

Konnekted

• Lil Geezy
Re: Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2016, 12:24:00 PM »
I'll rate each track out of 5 (my opinion and how I feel each track)

Legend  - 3.5 (sound way better than than the live version)

Ten Toes Down - 4 (Proper Westcoast banger! The beat got your head bobbing from the jump and Snoop deliver a lovely flow to it, one of my favourites)

Don't stop feat Too Short - 4 (If you've heard the snippet you know what to expect, one of the best  Short and Dogg collaboration)

Super Crip - 4.5 (A really good effort, it's a mix of different Snoop style and Just Blaze was on point with the beat )

Coolaid Man - 4.5 (This is my personal favourite, I just can't get enough of this track! The tittle track embodied what the Album tittle is about, Cool & Laid Back, The beat is so chilled and Snoop managed to ride it the same way while spitting about his style and how cool the dogg is)

See em up feat Swizz Beat - 3.5 (Beat is alright, Swizz managed to deliver a Westcoast sounding beat but nothing special, Snoop flow on point and made the song)

Point Seen Money Gone - 3.5 (Good track but not really my thing, kind of track that can do well on the radio, flow and chorus are decent but I can't stand the extra autotune at the end, unnecessary in my opinion)

Oh Na Na feat Wiz - 3 (Cool track with that old school vibe, nothing special, I'm not big on Snoop & Wiz collaboration)

My Carz - 2.5 /5 (Average track, too vain and basic, not for me)

Two or More - 3.5 (A typical Snoop ol school funk influenced track, produced by Snoop himself, good track to groove to)

Affiliated feat Trick Trick - 3.5 (decent track, I likee the  Juvenile style Snoop started with and Trick did his thing, alright track)

Feel About Snoop - 3 (Not for me but I suspect some people will like it , just not feeling it but well produced)

Light Up feat Swizz Beat - 2 (Have no idea why this track is on there, Snoop weakest flow of the album, Swizz part is decent but just doesn't fit the vibe of the album)

Side Piece - 3 (I kind of like this for what it is, laid back and Snoop flow nicely on this)

Kush Up feat Wiz - 3 (Beat and flow not bad, just not for me again, I don't think Wiz and Dogg have that natural chemistry, would've prefer this if it's a solo Snoop track or solo Wiz track)

Double Tap - 3 (Another radio friendly track, the content, beat and chorus scream out - please play me on the radio nonstop!)

Got Those - 3.5 (This is the kind of radio friendly attempt I like, Snoop flow is pretty good on this.
I guess I'm just a sucker for Snoop + Timbo collaboration)

Let the beat drop feat Swizz - 2.5 (Average! 2 out of the 3 Swizz Beat tracks are just average and not for Snoop)

What if feat Sugar Free - 3.5 (No need to say much on this, Snoop & Sugar Free did their thang as usual)

Revolution feat October King - 4 (Just Blaze did it again! Managed to bring out the best in Snoop.)

So the overall score is 3,5 out of 5 for this album? Thats what the mathemathics say about your rates. I hear ya! But I would rather put it overall 4/5. Best since Last Meal!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:37:07 PM by Konnekted »

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2016, 01:12:38 PM »
I'll rate each track out of 5 (my opinion and how I feel each track)

Legend  - 3.5 (sound way better than than the live version)

Ten Toes Down - 4 (Proper Westcoast banger! The beat got your head bobbing from the jump and Snoop deliver a lovely flow to it, one of my favourites)

Don't stop feat Too Short - 4 (If you've heard the snippet you know what to expect, one of the best  Short and Dogg collaboration)

Super Crip - 4.5 (A really good effort, it's a mix of different Snoop style and Just Blaze was on point with the beat )

Coolaid Man - 4.5 (This is my personal favourite, I just can't get enough of this track! The tittle track embodied what the Album tittle is about, Cool & Laid Back, The beat is so chilled and Snoop managed to ride it the same way while spitting about his style and how cool the dogg is)

See em up feat Swizz Beat - 3.5 (Beat is alright, Swizz managed to deliver a Westcoast sounding beat but nothing special, Snoop flow on point and made the song)

Point Seen Money Gone - 3.5 (Good track but not really my thing, kind of track that can do well on the radio, flow and chorus are decent but I can't stand the extra autotune at the end, unnecessary in my opinion)

Oh Na Na feat Wiz - 3 (Cool track with that old school vibe, nothing special, I'm not big on Snoop & Wiz collaboration)

My Carz - 2.5 /5 (Average track, too vain and basic, not for me)

Two or More - 3.5 (A typical Snoop ol school funk influenced track, produced by Snoop himself, good track to groove to)

Affiliated feat Trick Trick - 3.5 (decent track, I likee the  Juvenile style Snoop started with and Trick did his thing, alright track)

Feel About Snoop - 3 (Not for me but I suspect some people will like it , just not feeling it but well produced)

Light Up feat Swizz Beat - 2 (Have no idea why this track is on there, Snoop weakest flow of the album, Swizz part is decent but just doesn't fit the vibe of the album)

Side Piece - 3 (I kind of like this for what it is, laid back and Snoop flow nicely on this)

Kush Up feat Wiz - 3 (Beat and flow not bad, just not for me again, I don't think Wiz and Dogg have that natural chemistry, would've prefer this if it's a solo Snoop track or solo Wiz track)

Double Tap - 3 (Another radio friendly track, the content, beat and chorus scream out - please play me on the radio nonstop!)

Got Those - 3.5 (This is the kind of radio friendly attempt I like, Snoop flow is pretty good on this.
I guess I'm just a sucker for Snoop + Timbo collaboration)

Let the beat drop feat Swizz - 2.5 (Average! 2 out of the 3 Swizz Beat tracks are just average and not for Snoop)

What if feat Sugar Free - 3.5 (No need to say much on this, Snoop & Sugar Free did their thang as usual)

Revolution feat October King - 4 (Just Blaze did it again! Managed to bring out the best in Snoop.)

So the overall score is 3,5 out of 5 for this album? Thats what the mathemathics say about your rates. I hear ya! But I would rather put it overall 4/5. Best since Last Meal!

That's right 3.5/5 but I won't disagree with your 4/5.

2 of Swizz Beats produced tracks did more harm than good for the album, take those 2 out and add Question #1 with Nipsey Hussle and Pain with Del La Soul  and I won't skip a track.

A pretty good come back to rapping for Snoop.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

Konnekted

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2016, 01:51:12 PM »
Download in mp3 good quality "Don't Stop" feat. Too $hort

http://www.megafileupload.com/bfmN/03._Don_t_Stop_(Ft._Too_Short).mp3

Hot beat, great track!

WestWestYA

« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
Just when i was about to shit on snoop. He came back fresher than ever. Album is Fiya!  8)
What if the king of the west coast was reckless WHAT IF?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2016, 07:03:33 PM »
Still listening but...

Legend - fuckin terrible!
Ten Toes Down - much better way to start the album, Snoop sounds comfortable here
Don't Know - pretty good, kinda expected more from Snoop & Short
Super Crip - banger. but sounds like Vato + Church to Da Palace. wtf Just, don't do Pharrell beats.

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Chef_YRD

« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2016, 08:23:07 PM »
Honestly I've never felt anything snoop has done and only listen to his music for production and features...so 7 days of funk was incredible to me and I felt bush too ill give this a listen tho especially that Suga free track
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Sccit

« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2016, 08:53:42 PM »
Doubt this will touch 7 days of funk

Chef_YRD

« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2016, 09:03:10 PM »

Yeah nothing of modern day snoop will touch 7 days unless he has a part 2 or does a similar album with Quik
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Sccit

« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2016, 09:24:30 PM »

Yeah nothing of modern day snoop will touch 7 days unless he has a part 2 or does a similar album with Quik

Check cuzznz wit Daz, it's like a 7 days of funk part 2

doggfather

« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2016, 10:13:30 PM »

nah, its like best of Snoop Doggs thats my work mixtape series.  ;)
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2016, 10:35:31 PM »

Only a lot of the joints on that one is by dam funk n some r leftovers from the 7 Dayz project

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2016, 10:41:31 PM »

Only a lot of the joints on that one is by dam funk n some r leftovers from the 7 Dayz project

yeah like your punkass was in the lab with snoop, ohh i forgot lambs are going major huh??? fuck outta here punk. nobody gives a fuck about your cheap ass music fuck outta here siccccfuckkccc.

Sccit

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2016, 11:02:57 PM »

yeah like your punkass was in the lab with snoop, ohh i forgot lambs are going major huh??? fuck outta here punk. nobody gives a fuck about your cheap ass music fuck outta here siccccfuckkccc.

Bro u goin ham over the next episode og joint, relax .. Every1 wants it, you're not the only one

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2016, 11:14:51 PM »

Bro u goin ham over the next episode og joint, relax .. Every1 wants it, you're not the only one

so what makes you think that i don´t got the song??

Sccit

« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2016, 11:30:40 PM »

so what makes you think that i don´t got the song??

who gave it to u?