Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24034 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2016, 07:41:26 AM »
His albums lately have no direction.  He tries to please everyone.  He makes a couple tracks that sound old school, a few that are pop, a few that are trap music, a few experimental, few club tracks, few south.  Before you know it, it's a whole album that nobody likes from start to finish.

Wish he'd pick a direction and stick to it, like this album is going to be all one genre, then his next album, pick another sound instead of trying to get them all on one album.  

I like the classic snoop, so of course, I'm feeling Super Crip and What If.  Revolution is good too.  The rest is pretty much garbage in my eyes.  Others might like the more modern sounding songs on the album.  Can't please everyone, so please stop trying!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 07:43:12 AM by Soopafly DPGC »

PLANT

« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2016, 08:15:18 AM »
His albums lately have no direction.  He tries to please everyone.  He makes a couple tracks that sound old school, a few that are pop, a few that are trap music, a few experimental, few club tracks, few south.  Before you know it, it's a whole album that nobody likes from start to finish.

That was the good thing about the Snoop Lion project

k1000

« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2016, 09:20:40 AM »
^^ and the BUSH one.

k1000

« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2016, 09:21:39 AM »
^^ and the Dam-Funk one too.

Sccit

« Reply #244 on: July 05, 2016, 10:31:02 AM »

That's also why 7 Dayz of funk was his best project in a decade

PLANT

« Reply #245 on: July 05, 2016, 10:47:37 AM »

The rapping wasnt as good on 7 days of funk.  His flow and lyrics are better on Coolaid IMO

Sccit

« Reply #246 on: July 05, 2016, 10:50:54 AM »

The rapping wasnt as good on 7 days of funk.  His flow and lyrics are better on Coolaid IMO

Rapping was fine on 7 Dayz .. And more importantly, the album sounded like an album, not a compilation of random tracks .. Plus, the production was excellent. Haven't peeped Coolaid yet but I'm willing to bet off a hunch that it's not as good

PLANT

« Reply #247 on: July 05, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »

The rapping wasnt as good on 7 days of funk.  His flow and lyrics are better on Coolaid IMO

Rapping was fine on 7 Dayz .. And more importantly, the album sounded like an album, not a compilation of random tracks .. Plus, the production was excellent. Haven't peeped Coolaid yet but I'm willing to bet off a hunch that it's not as good
ten toes down
super crip
two or more
what if
coolaid man
revolution

better than anything on 7 days IMO

what are you waiting for anyway?  go listen to it LOL
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 11:24:55 AM by PLANT »

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #249 on: July 05, 2016, 01:42:19 PM »
With the exception of Ten Toes Down and What If, this is pretty bad. How can you mess up an E-40/Jazze Pha collab smh. Like someone else said, the production here totally lets this project down.

Hahaha I'm literally laughing cuz those two tracks and super crip are all that I enjoyed off this album...first two for features and last one for production...can we face the facts that snoop just isn't dope without killer production and features? Hes a cool dude but his music is boring as a MFer...that being said suga free and 40 delievered and so did just blaze

hmm I heard  a few tracks from the lp on youtube, and I wasnt feeling them, and guess it looks like the rest of the album was the same.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2016, 01:47:08 PM »
Instead ive been listening to lil half dead's new single "drama free" . Cant wait for the new half dead album to drop.

Also looking forward to the upcoming daz album, all produced by daz. Heard that snippet on instagram, sounds tight

Blood$

« Reply #251 on: July 05, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »

The rapping wasnt as good on 7 days of funk.  His flow and lyrics are better on Coolaid IMO

ten toes down
super crip
two or more
what if
coolaid man
revolution

7 Days was a cool album but most definitely put together real quick and just thrown out there as an experiment, there's nothing extraordinary about it sonically... this album is a more focused effort despite it being a few tracks too long and even though it isn't Snoop's best it's far from his worst

great summertime music if you ask me  8)

Sccit

« Reply #252 on: July 05, 2016, 03:05:19 PM »

ten toes down
super crip
two or more
what if
coolaid man
revolution

7 Days was a cool album but most definitely put together real quick and just thrown out there as an experiment, there's nothing extraordinary about it sonically... this album is a more focused effort despite it being a few tracks too long and even though it isn't Snoop's best it's far from his worst

7 Dayz wasn't sonically as impressive as let's say Bush .. But it still sounded like a far more organic album, and based on the reviews on Coolaid, I'm willing to bet it's overall a better album than this 1

Sccit

« Reply #253 on: July 05, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »

ten toes down
super crip
two or more
what if
coolaid man
revolution

I don't check stuff online, I usually cop hard copies and bump it in the whip the proper way fam

Blood$

« Reply #254 on: July 05, 2016, 09:20:49 PM »

ten toes down
super crip
two or more
what if
coolaid man
revolution

7 Dayz wasn't sonically as impressive as let's say Bush .. But it still sounded like a far more organic album, and based on the reviews on Coolaid, I'm willing to bet it's overall a better album than this 1

the "sound" itself might appeal more but as a body of work it's not really comparable

look at the reviews of Compton though too lol