Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24038 times)

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

trapper

Re: Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #286 on: July 13, 2016, 01:48:18 PM »
I want Snoop to come back hard but he just doesn't have it. I wish he'd just release an album of OG cuts at this point. Stop the new material.

DJSpin

« Reply #287 on: July 13, 2016, 03:20:32 PM »
Is this out yet?  I went to buy it yesterday, came home with schoolboy q ( by the way, I like q and tde, they are the shit, but he gotta drop that "schoolboy") and yg instead.

midwestryder

« Reply #288 on: July 13, 2016, 05:23:09 PM »
Is this out yet?  I went to buy it yesterday, came home with schoolboy q ( by the way, I like q and tde, they are the shit, but he gotta drop that "schoolboy") and yg instead.
the CD of Snoop Dogg Cool-Aid drops the july 15 .. he released it early on iTunes

Sccit

« Reply #289 on: July 13, 2016, 05:44:07 PM »
If snoop hits us wit an album produced by battlecat, fredwreck, jellyroll, quik, meech, dre, soopafly, daz, warren g ..... Any combination of those names and i guarantee you it'll do much better than this, from sales to reception

trapper

« Reply #290 on: July 14, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
If snoop hits us wit an album produced by battlecat, fredwreck, jellyroll, quik, meech, dre, soopafly, daz, warren g ..... Any combination of those names and i guarantee you it'll do much better than this, from sales to reception

Probably would never happened and even it did, Snoop is washed. He should empty the vault, we'd all prefer OG Snoop. Best we could hope for is him and Warren G 213 with Nate Dogg remaining verses.

Sccit

« Reply #291 on: July 14, 2016, 11:15:06 AM »

Probably would never happened and even it did, Snoop is washed. He should empty the vault, we'd all prefer OG Snoop. Best we could hope for is him and Warren G 213 with Nate Dogg remaining verses.

I mean, on some joints, u can tell he still got it .. So I duno about "washed", I think it's more to do wit the production than anythin

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #292 on: July 14, 2016, 11:31:05 AM »
Wow its worse then doggumentary. Thats quite an achievement in itself

I will deem this album mediocre in honor of will B

heyyou

« Reply #293 on: July 14, 2016, 11:18:10 PM »
Finally had time to digest the album.

The usual flaw on many of snoop' s albums is that it's too long and lacks cohesiveness (trying cater for too many different fan bases).
Other than that I actually really enjoyed it. I was expecting trash for the Swizz produced tracks going by some of the comments, but was pleasantly surprised (maybe they were too long).
Delivery wise, Snoop did really well and liked his change up of vocal styles.

Really solid album, some tracks really needed to be shorter to create more impact/punch and.then move on to the next track, but currently they drag out too long. I would have made tracks like legend, let me see em up much shorter.

Mietek23

« Reply #294 on: July 16, 2016, 03:35:06 AM »
Probably the best project from Snoop since "Doggumentary" - some of the tracks are really dope, but he needs to stop putting out 20+ records on every CD and lower this to a 15 tracks next time...

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #295 on: July 16, 2016, 06:52:42 AM »

I will say, though, that I love My Carz -- really atmospheric beat with all those synths.  How is J Dilla still making beats when dude died 10 years ago?  Are rappers still hanging onto unused beats of his?  I guess so.

Dilla fans been listening to that beat for 15 years

listen:
https://soundcloud.com/rappcats/j-dilla-trucks

Cool, thanks, can you tell that I'm totally clueless sometimes?  haha  :snoopfacepalm:

I actually like Snoop's version better, though.

To respond to the other posts, I think the last new release physical CD I bought was Snoop's Ego Trippin.  I got burned on that one and vowed always to preview his albums before buying blind.  He hasn't put out an album since then that's inspired me to buy.  Actually, I like the Mac and Devin album and the 12 Days of Funk, but those were side projects.  His mainline projects have been pretty bad except for Bush, which was also like a side project because it wasn't rap.

And to the guy said Snoop needs to get bacc with the old crew of producers and guest artists, that will probably never happen.  That's like asking Madonna to get bacc with her producers from the 80s -- it's just not going to happen.  Sucks, but it's true imo.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:54:13 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

WestSideDon

« Reply #296 on: July 16, 2016, 08:33:44 AM »
Album still gets heavy rotation, only songs I dont listen to are Legend,Point See Money Gone, Light It Up, Side Piece, Let The Beat Drop. The other 15 songs are still played heavily

Blood$

« Reply #297 on: July 16, 2016, 11:29:48 AM »
Album still gets heavy rotation, only songs I dont listen to are Legend,Point See Money Gone, Light It Up, Side Piece, Let The Beat Drop. The other 15 songs are still played heavily

I was just gonna come in and post that basically word for word, "Legend" isn't too bad for me now though I'll let that one rock sometimes and the Jeremih track can get some plays if a female is present  8)

bought my hard copy yesterday, sounds great in the whip when you just let it ride out

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #298 on: July 16, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »
Finally had time to digest the album.

The usual flaw on many of snoop' s albums is that it's too long and lacks cohesiveness (trying cater for too many different fan bases).
Other than that I actually really enjoyed it. I was expecting trash for the Swizz produced tracks going by some of the comments, but was pleasantly surprised (maybe they were too long).
Delivery wise, Snoop did really well and liked his change up of vocal styles.

Really solid album, some tracks really needed to be shorter to create more impact/punch and.then move on to the next track, but currently they drag out too long. I would have made tracks like legend, let me see em up much shorter.

🖒🖒
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #299 on: July 16, 2016, 02:10:25 PM »

I agree with that but I like Side Piece .
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!