Author Topic: SNOOP DOGG - COOLAID (Official Discussion)  (Read 24058 times)

Sccit

Re: Snoop Dogg - COOLAID (2016) [Album Discussion]
« Reply #300 on: July 18, 2016, 07:06:06 PM »
Finally copped now that the physical was released .. Solid album, not one of his bests, but not one of his worst neither... A few bangers, mostly solid joints, and then a couple filler as well. The joints where he took it back on um like super crip were clearly the best tracks .. If he can make a full album like that, it would be received much better .. At this juncture, he tryna please people who don't really fux wit his music by doin joints like lighters up and legends .. Redundant when he coulda did an album fulla joints like super crip n woulda got every1 talkin again.

Blood$

« Reply #301 on: July 18, 2016, 08:11:15 PM »
Finally copped now that the physical was released .. Solid album, not one of his bests, but not one of his worst neither... A few bangers, mostly solid joints, and then a couple filler as well. The joints where he took it back on um like super crip were clearly the best tracks .. If he can make a full album like that, it would be received much better .. At this juncture, he tryna please people who don't really fux wit his music by doin joints like lighters up and legends .. Redundant when he coulda did an album fulla joints like super crip n woulda got every1 talkin again.

agreed

DJSpin

« Reply #302 on: July 19, 2016, 06:10:15 PM »
Niggaracci coming with the dope beat!  One of my faves so far.

heyyou

« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2016, 07:18:41 AM »

I see where you're coming from, but if you had a whole album of super-crip type tracklist will be played out and boring.
You need a variation on an album that a mixture of hard and smooth, up-tempo & slower paced tracks (see Doggystyle), but the quality of the tracks has to be good and fit well with the overall vibe of the project..

WestSideDon

« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2016, 09:02:50 AM »

I see where you're coming from, but if you had a whole album of super-crip type tracklist will be played out and boring.
You need a variation on an album that a mixture of hard and smooth, up-tempo & slower paced tracks (see Doggystyle), but the quality of the tracks has to be good and fit well with the overall vibe of the project..

Exactly, you got that perfect mixture on Doggystyle, there are smooth & laid back tracks like Aint No Fun, Doggy Dogg World, Gz Up Hoez Down, uptempo bangers like Who Am I and also eerie stuff like Murder Was The Case but the whole album just sounds like one great, cohesive piece of music. Thats why I always love albums with one producer, shit was the same with 7 Days Of Funk, the music Dre created just had that certain style & vibe which made the feeling so great.

Sccit

« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2016, 11:34:22 AM »

Naah doggystyle had a cohesive and consistent sound .. This project does not whatsoever ...... Not sayin every track should be exactly like super crip lol, but it should be made wit a similar formula ala doggystyle

Mr. Theo

« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2016, 06:26:23 AM »
enjoyable album

saved for my playlist

- Feel About Snoop
- Side Piece
- Point Seen Money Gone
- Double Tap
- What If
- Two or More
- Oh Na Na

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Sccit

« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2016, 07:30:47 AM »
Two or more is a classic snoop joint

Blood$

« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:30 AM »

yup... everybody I've played that one for loves it, also an even better tune when on a little blow lol

So Much Style

« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2016, 10:02:32 AM »
yep that one grew on me its super funky and fun
So much style back at it again

DJSpin

« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2016, 04:19:26 PM »

yup... everybody I've played that one for loves it, also an even better tune when on a little blow lol

Has niggeracci made any beats better than that?

Sccit

« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2016, 05:29:17 PM »

Has niggeracci made any beats better than that?

Lamb - real mc's ........ But naah

PLANT

« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2016, 06:20:56 AM »
Yeah Two or More should be put out as a single ASAP with a video.  Song is catchy as fuck, for the dudes and the ladies

Sccit

« Reply #313 on: July 22, 2016, 01:55:35 PM »
Albums growing on me, there's more good joints than bad ones .. I just thinkin openin up with legend sets off an awkward tone, but outside of that, I fux wit most of it

Sccit

« Reply #314 on: July 22, 2016, 04:36:41 PM »
Is finguz who produced what if the same as fingazz??