Author Topic: IT'S OFFICIAL........JORDAN IS BACK!!!!!!!!  (Read 365 times)

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
IT'S OFFICIAL........JORDAN IS BACK!!!!!!!!
« on: September 25, 2001, 03:03:04 PM »
Jordan announced today that he will be coming back for 2 years and he will donate his salary to the WTC victims....i HATE to see him as a Wizard....HE IS A BULL!!!! but hes back...........anybody else gonna pay $140 to get his wizards jersey like me?

WASHINGTON, Sept. 25 (AP) -- Michael Jordan made his comeback official Tuesday, announcing he will return to play in the NBA, signing a two-year contract with the Washington Wizards.

MJ returns after a three-year retirement
Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE Photos
"I am returning as a player to the game I love," said Jordan, 38 and more than three years removed from what seemed to be a storybook ending to his career.

Jordan will donate his entire salary for the upcoming season to relief agencies working with the victims of the terrorist attacks on Washington and New York, said Estee Portnoy, a spokeswoman for SFX, Jordan's management agency.

"I am especially excited about the Washington Wizards, and I'm convinced we have the foundation on which to build a playoff-contention team," Jordan said in a statement issued through his management agency.

"The opportunity to teach our young players and help them elevate their game to a higher level, and to thank the fans in Washington for their loyalty and support, strongly influenced my decision."

The five-time league MVP, who retired for a second time in 1999 after leading the Chicago Bulls to their sixth title, announced his comeback after clearing up a licensing issue with one of his sponsors -- a disagreement that caused the official announcement to come a day later than expected.

Jordan never completely ruled out a comeback when he retired in January 1999, hedging his bets with the statement that he was "99.9 percent" certain he would never play again. Leaving the door open, even by one-tenth of 1 percent, meant Jordan could always kick it back open without going back on his word.

Now, he has.

"I am happy to welcome Michael Jordan, the player, back to the NBA, although, as commissioner, I am sorry to lose him in the board room," NBA commissioner David Stern said. "Michael has always brought joy to basketball fans around the world, and, in these difficult times, we can all use a little more joy in our lives."

Jordan said he would not comment further on his return until Oct. 1.

Jordan has been training for a possible comeback for about six months, at first saying that he was simply trying to lose the extra weight he had gained in retirement. He rigorously worked himself into playing shape over the summer by holding several invitation-only camps of pickup games with other NBA players at a gym in Chicago.

Jordan's first official practice with the Wizards will be Oct. 2, the first day of training camp at Wilmington, N.C. He occasionally worked out with the team last season when he was president of basketball operations, a job in which he almost completely overhauled Washington's roster and put the team into a rebuilding mode.

His supporting cast will include the likes of Jahidi White, Richard Hamilton and Courtney Alexander -- none of whom were in the NBA when Jordan was playing for the Bulls. Turning a team that won only 19 games last season into a winner might be an insurmountable challenge even for Jordan.

"I know there are a lot of naysayers out there," Jordan said earlier this month to reporters in Chicago when he all but made his return official. "Winning isn't always championships. What's wrong with helping kids find their way, teaching them the game?"

To comply with NBA rules, Jordan had to sell his ownership stake in the Wizards, which he obtained along with a share of the NHL's Washington Capitals on Jan. 19, 2000. He also had to resign his position as Washington's president of basketball operations.

The ownership paperwork was completed Friday, and Jordan's attorneys ironed out the last few glitches to clear the way for his comeback announcement.

The final holdup involved the video game licensing rights to Jordan's likeness, according to Jeff Brown of EA Sports, a game manufacturer.

"This is certainly an extremely important moment in the history of our franchise, however our excitement is muted by the world events that surround us," Wizards owner Abe Pollin said.

"The greatest player in the history of the game is joining my team, and for that I am extremely honored and pleased."

Jordan will be in the unusual position of playing for the coach he hired, Doug Collins, who joined the Wizards in April and also coached Jordan for three seasons with the Bulls in the 1980s. Jordan will share the court with players he signed, drafted and traded for, including high school graduate Kwame Brown, selected No. 1 overall by the Wizards in June, and veteran forward Christian Laettner -- a graduate of Duke, the archrival of Jordan's alma mater, North Carolina.

Jordan suffered three physical setbacks over the summer, raising doubts about whether his body could endure the rigors of an 82-game schedule. Back spasms and knee tendinitis curtailed his workouts, and two cracked ribs from a collision in a pickup game took him off the court for four weeks.

Jordan will return without the all-star cast that he hoped would accompany him. Charles Barkley, who spoke of playing with Jordan, abandoned his comeback bid during the summer, and the Wizards were unable to sign any marquee players.

But by ridding the Wizards of the high-salaried, long-term contracts of Rod Strickland, Juwan Howard and Mitch Richmond, Jordan has given the Wizards enough salary cap flexibility to restock the roster next summer.

Jordan won 10 scoring titles and is the NBA's fourth all-time leading scorer with 29,277 points. He has averaged a league-record 31.5 points per regular season game throughout his career and 33.4 in the playoffs.

Jordan's first retirement came in October 1993, after he led the Bulls to three titles. He played baseball in the Chicago White Sox organization for one season, but he couldn't make it out of the minor leagues and returned to the Bulls in March 1995.

Jordan led the Bulls to three more titles and retired again in January 1999, shortly before the start of the lockout-shortened season.

Jordan is scheduled to make his return appearance in Chicago on Jan. 19. His regular-season debut will be Oct. 30 at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks, and his first home game for the Wizards will be Nov. 3 against Allen Iverson and the Philadelphia 76ers.

"While nothing can take away from the past, I am firmly focused on the future and the competitive challenge ahead of me," Jordan said.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: IT'S OFFICIAL........JORDAN IS BACK!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2001, 03:14:49 PM »
good to see jordan do what he wants and feels is right and props to him for donating all that fuckin money  :o

BUT, it's going to be very sad to see him get schooled by:

Kobe
Iverson
Marbury
Kidd
ect.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2001, 03:48:37 PM »
See, Jordan is a very smart man. He buys part of the Wizards and makes himself president of basketball operations. Then he drafts and trades young, hungry talent to play with him and he gets a coach he is comfortable with. After doing that then he gives his rights away and becomes a player. genius idea but unfortunately he didn't carry on with his plan very well.

Instead of drafting young talent he should of gotten experienced talent that he could depend on when he needs someone to come thru. He won't last long either because of all the problems he has been having physically, but it could be because of his rigorious training schedule. We will have to see.

And like Jake said, it will be pretty sad to see him get schooled by other players who he used to be able to compete with. I guess some people don't know when to quit.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Doggystylin

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2001, 03:55:35 PM »
i dunno man, Jordan is smooth, i wouldnt doubt him schoolin them, The King Is Back!!!! all yall suckas hide yourselves

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2001, 04:13:29 PM »
hey yo sickotic how do ya make some gif pic... like the one u got under your name... i have photoshop can i do some with this... ???
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2001, 04:17:41 PM »

THA RETURN OF THA MJ'S...... :D

one tha king of all sports, one tha king of all music...... ;D

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2001, 04:19:51 PM »

hey yo sickotic how do ya make some gif pic... like the one u got under your name... i have photoshop can i do some with this... ???

I didn't do it, bluecorvet did it for me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2001, 05:33:55 PM »
oh aight  8)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2001, 06:00:57 PM »
FUCK MICHAEL JORDAN,  HE IS A BULL NOT A FUCKIN WIZARD FUCK MICHAEL JORDAN,  HE IS SPITTING ON US DIE HARD BULLS FANS,  AN FUCK JERRY REINSDORF FOR TREATIN JORDAN LIKE SHIT CUZ IF HE DIDNT JORDAN MIGHT BE PLAYIN  AGAIN FOR THA BULLS,  HE EVEN SAID HE WANTED TO BECOME PART OF BULLS MANGEMENT,  FUCK THA NBA I DONT EVEN WANT TO WATCH AGAIN

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2001, 06:07:00 PM »
LMAO ^^ hes heated  ;D calm down man.  chill like a goat

LatinThugLife213

• Lil Geezy
  • " I Dont give a Mutha fuck Fuck all of ya'll"
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2001, 06:24:55 PM »
heh we'll finally see jordan get dunked  on by shaq
and we'll get to see iverson do the cross over on jordan
hes so dumb for comming back he retired perfectly
well hes gonna go out the laughing stock of the nba jus like magic did
i still say phill jackson shaq and Kobe more championchips comming
Fuck the world ya'll aint eva give me shit
Thas why You Slick Niggas get Hit

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2001, 06:35:00 PM »

heh we'll finally see jordan get dunked  on by shaq
and we'll get to see iverson do the cross over on jordan
hes so dumb for comming back he retired perfectly
well hes gonna go out the laughing stock of the nba jus like magic did
i still say phill jackson shaq and Kobe more championchips comming

he wont get dunked on by shaq cuz jordan wont be guarding shaq and iverson already crassed mj up......BUT MJ is STILL tha GR8EST
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2001, 07:07:03 PM »
yeah michael jordan's legacy will DIFFINATLY be tarnished by coming back but he'll always be the G.O.A.T in basketball reguardless

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2001, 07:43:07 PM »
yea mj is g.o.a.t but the tetirement he had wuz like WOHA i mean iz like alis last punch to win the heavy weight title,  jus amazin legacy, amazin game amazin shots n amazin retirement.....i'd love to see him play but the retirement he had will be mssed cause nobody had it
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2001, 09:14:09 PM »
Man, Fuck All Yall Youngun's, There Ain't A Player Alive That Can Hold Jordan's Shoes, Much Less School Him.  You Think He'd Come Back If he Couldn't Do It?

The LAST Time He Retired, I Thought, Man, He's Probably The Greatest Ever.  Then, He Came Out Of Retirement, And Was EASILY Better Than When He Retired.  After That, I KNEW He Was The Best Ever.  Remember, Last Time He Came Back, He Came Back Better.  I KNOW Yall Remember That, Nowadays, Everybody Wanna Talk Like They Forgot About MJ.