Author Topic: Prince Dead at 57 update #4  (Read 927 times)

CORREA

Prince Dead at 57 update #4
« on: April 21, 2016, 10:11:46 AM »

The artist known as Prince has died ... TMZ has learned. He was 57.

Prince's body was discovered at his Paisley Park compound in Minnesota early Thursday morning.

Multiple sources connected to the singer confirmed he had passed.

The singer -- full name Prince Rogers Nelson -- had a medical emergency on April 15th that forced his private jet to make an emergency landing in Illinois. But he appeared at a concert the next day to assure his fans he was okay. His people told TMZ he was battling the flu.

Prior to his most recent appearance however, Prince had cancelled two shows due to health concerns.

Prince became an international superstar in 1982 after his breakthrough album "1999."

He went on to churn out a ton of hits -- and racking up 7 Grammys in the process. He also performed at the Super Bowl in 2007 ... in one of the greatest live performances of all time.

He also sold more than 100 million records during his career ... and won the Academy Award for Best Original Song Score for Purple Rain in 1985.

Prince was married two times -- the first time to his backup dancer Mayte Garcia. They split in 2000. He then married Manuela Testolini ... but they split in 2006.

As TMZ first reported ... Prince was briefly hospitalized in Moline, IL. His private jet made an emergency landing there after 1 AM Friday.

His people told us the 57-year-old had been battling a bad flu.

update  

Prince was treated for a drug overdose 6 days before his death ... multiple sources tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Prince's private jet made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois last Friday, hours after he performed in Atlanta. At the time his reps said he was battling the flu ... something we questioned because his plane was only 48 minutes from home before the unscheduled landing.

Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.

Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home.

We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."

We know authorities in Minnesota are trying to get the hospital records from Moline to help determine cause of death.

We have made more than a dozen attempts to reach Prince's reps for comment, but they went radio silent.

update

Prince had OD'd on Percocet days before his death, and he ingested so much EMTs had to administer a "save shot" at the airport where his plane made an emergency landing to save his life.

Sources in Moline, Illinois tell TMZ, Prince's entourage told responders he had taken the painkiller after his Atlanta concert which triggered the emergency.

Percocet is a painkiller which contains a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone, an opioid. It is highly addictive.

We're told Prince was taking painkillers for a hip problem. We're told he had corrective surgery for his hips around 2010.

As we reported, Prince went to his local Walgreens 4 times in the week leading up to his death. We got a photo of Prince in the parking lot of the Walgreens hours before he died. Witnesses say he was pacing and agitated, waiting for someone to bring out his meds.

update

Prince's body had no obvious signs of trauma when he was found in an elevator ... according to the Sheriff running the investigation into his death.

Carver County Sheriff Olson gave few details about what his deputies found at Paisley Park on Thursday morning. He said they've found nothing to indicate the superstar's death was a suicide.

A rep for the Medical Examiner's Office said the autopsy was complete, but they will not release any results until toxicology testing is also complete ... and that could take several weeks.

We broke the story ... Prince had been to his local Walgreens 4 times in the week before his death -- and had been treated for a Percocet OD in Moline, IL last week. When asked if he knew of any medications Prince was taking ...the Sheriff said he "would not confirm."

Prince was found by staffers at Paisley Park, who'd gone there to check on him after being unable to reach their boss by phone. As for the 911 caller, presumably one of those staffers, not knowing the address at Paisley Park -- the Sheriff said he did not find that to be unusual.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:30:00 PM by OldSpunkers.com »

Leggy Hendrix

Re: Prince Dead at 57
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
Sad day...R.I.P.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

LegendaryEternallyCLE

• Lil Geezy
  • Cleveland is the City where I come from
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:23:26 PM »
I'm in shock. I was just at his show in Oakland in Feb. He is hands down one of the Greatest Performers of all time. I've never seen another artist command the room like Prince when he walks in. Dude could thrust his hips on stage and every chick in the Theater/Arena would fall back. He had that much power.
Me and my girls first date was a Prince concert. I almost didn't take her because I had just met her a couple days prior and wasn't sure if I wanted to"waste" a ticket on someone I had just met. Turned out to be one of the best decision I have ever made. Since than Prince has been our thing. RIP
I'll be listening to Prince all day at work today.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 12:32:02 PM »
RIP TO THE LEGEND

The Predator

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 02:42:07 PM »
Dear 2016, Fuck You

Fuck.

CORREA

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 06:00:55 PM »
RIP TO THE LEGEND

finally the word used right

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Prince Dead at 57 updated
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 06:42:22 PM »
rest in purple

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 06:57:36 PM »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 08:09:58 PM »
Here in Minnesota, the whole state is in mourning. Very weird. RIP Prince...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 09:24:35 PM »
who???  rip

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »
Today is one of the saddest days in music history.  :'(
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

doggfather

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 12:38:13 AM »
RIP
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Desert Lord

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 07:26:32 AM »
still can't believe it  :(...rest in peace

bouli77

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 08:22:25 AM »