Author Topic: I'm tired about rappers talking about working hard...  (Read 748 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
I'm tired about rappers talking about working hard...
« on: May 09, 2016, 05:16:15 AM »
This annoys me on a few levels...

First off... quality vs. quantity.  One classic album is better than 50 average albums.  One classic song is better than 1,000 average songs.  

Secondly...  Let's be honest.  Do rappers really work that "hard".  Rapping is a fucking hobby.  It's something people do because it is fun.  Doing shows and cutting tracks in the studio is fun.  How can that be called work?  In fact... it probably ruins there creativity if they work too hard, because leisure time allows free space for thinking, playing, drug use, and other stimulation towards greater creativity.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

CORREA

Re: I'm tired about rappers talking about working hard...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 07:31:22 AM »

First off... quality vs. quantity.  One classic album is better than 50 average albums.  One classic song is better than 1,000 average songs.  

Secondly...  Let's be honest.  Do rappers really work that "hard".  Rapping is a fucking hobby.  It's something people do because it is fun.  Doing shows and cutting tracks in the studio is fun.  How can that be called work?  In fact... it probably ruins there creativity if they work too hard, because leisure time allows free space for thinking, playing, drug use, and other stimulation towards greater creativity.

im tired of rappers talking bout killing people only a retard believe those duck tales

doggfather

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 01:02:57 AM »

im tired of rappers talking bout killing people only a retard believe those duck tales

+1

im tired of RICH rappers talking bout strett life and some like that.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 04:42:58 AM »
I am tired of rappers.

And rap.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Remedy360

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 03:22:55 PM »
Not trying to be an asshole..but to me this sounds like it's a result of you being mad/jealous that you can't live that kinda lifestyle.

CORREA

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 05:43:08 PM »
Not trying to be an asshole..but to me this sounds like it's a result of you being mad/jealous that you can't live that kinda lifestyle.

most them u say "living the lifestyle" are really broke

Remedy360

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 09:05:48 PM »

most them u say "living the lifestyle" are really broke

I just meant having a career as a rapper.

bouli77

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 11:48:18 PM »
It's not the fact that they're talking about working hard which is annoying, it's HOW they do it constantly. Glorifying hustling for the sake of hustling regardless of the quality or the result.

However, there are some classic tracks touching on being a rapper and what it entails, with memorable, on point verses (minus Snoop's incoherent rambling, as usual)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/2T1jdreS6ko" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch/v/2T1jdreS6ko</a>

Blood$

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2016, 10:33:29 AM »
lmao at this thread and the seemingly genuine responses  :laugh:

BIGWORM

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
I'm just tired, goodnight y'all....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 08:23:46 PM »

I am

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 08:27:24 PM »
It's not the fact that they're talking about working hard which is annoying, it's HOW they do it constantly. Glorifying hustling for the sake of hustling regardless of the quality or the result.

However, there are some classic tracks touching on being a rapper and what it entails, with memorable, on point verses (minus Snoop's incoherent rambling, as usual)

Word...

...I miss the mid-90's before this whole "hustling" and "grinding" trend was in vogue.  Back then rappers used to drop lines like... "...and I don't do shit but just drop funky rhymes"—Warren G

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2016, 11:59:41 AM »
if only you understood the amount of blood, sweat, and tears it takes to make a great record.....if its a classic, you've literally given a part of your soul to the joint. the energy expanded on that is unparalleled. if you dont understand, it's because you havent dedicated yourself to that extent on your music. ive spent 24 hours straight workin on mixin one verse jus to get it to sound perfect..it's taxing in its own regard. any field you decide to excel in, whether it be sports, politics, wiping asses, or music.....if u give it your all, it's going to be hard work, regardless. thats why most rap joints are garbage...because the cats who made it didnt work hard on it.

/thread