Author Topic: King T on Vlad (Suge, Aftermath, Thy Kingdom Come)  (Read 828 times)

me1

King T on Vlad (Suge, Aftermath, Thy Kingdom Come)
« on: May 27, 2016, 04:35:18 AM »
This interview is cool. Talks a lot about early Aftermath.

Those last three minutes of the interview where he talks about leaving Dre being the biggest mistake of his life tho. Genuine heartbreak that dude feels

http://www.vladtv.com/article/218239/king-tee-leaving-dre-was-worst-mistake-in-life-suge-beating-people-up

dnjp4life

Re: King T on Vlad (Suge, Aftermath, Thy Kingdom Come)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »
Interesting that Dr. Dre tried to persuade him to stay when he requested to leave the record label.  He made the right decision though in my opinion; we all know Dre likes to break new talent, so even if T had remained on Aftermath, I still don't think Dre would have released 'Thy Kingdom Come'.

It's a damn shame though, because that album bangs from beginning to end, and remains the greatest album never to have been released.  The features and production lineup alone make it a classic on paper.

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:03:57 AM »
Interesting that Dr. Dre tried to persuade him to stay when he requested to leave the record label.  He made the right decision though in my opinion; we all know Dre likes to break new talent, so even if T had remained on Aftermath, I still don't think Dre would have released 'Thy Kingdom Come'.

It's a damn shame though, because that album bangs from beginning to end, and remains the greatest album never to have been released.  The features and production lineup alone make it a classic on paper.

Yup .. Although it was released later on

Hittman's shit up there too

A shame we never got to hear Rakims Aftermath album in full, bet that was a classic too

me1

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 03:50:59 PM »
Interesting that Dr. Dre tried to persuade him to stay when he requested to leave the record label.  He made the right decision though in my opinion; we all know Dre likes to break new talent, so even if T had remained on Aftermath, I still don't think Dre would have released 'Thy Kingdom Come'.

It's a damn shame though, because that album bangs from beginning to end, and remains the greatest album never to have been released.  The features and production lineup alone make it a classic on paper.

A shame we never got to hear Rakims Aftermath album in full, bet that was a classic too

I think that Rakim situation was different from say Bishop's where Bishop had like 100 solo tracks recorded with the Aftermath team. Rakim only had a handful at most, from what I understand.

Edit... just remembered Stat saying this, a while back:

DX: What about Rakim?

Stat Quo: He was with Dre. A lot of them 50 records was Rakim songs. That first album, Rakim did songs on all those beats, man.

DX: Get Rich or Die Tryin'?

Stat Quo: Yes, all them shits was Rakim songs. Rakim problem is he couldn’t do the hooks. The choruses were never strong. He a dope ass rapper but in your mind right now can you remember a Rakim hook? I mean maybe cause you young or whatever…

DX: "Don't sweat the technique..."

Stat Quo: But you never hear—I got nine 50 hooks in my head right now. The choruses. Dre is about songs. You could be a dope ass rapper but them hooks. That’s why “You can find me in the club…” [was successful]. It’s the chorus. So that was a problem. That’s why Rakim never came out with an album, because he couldn’t come up with the hooks.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 04:03:18 PM by manny1 »

Sccit

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 04:44:14 PM »
Interesting that Dr. Dre tried to persuade him to stay when he requested to leave the record label.  He made the right decision though in my opinion; we all know Dre likes to break new talent, so even if T had remained on Aftermath, I still don't think Dre would have released 'Thy Kingdom Come'.

It's a damn shame though, because that album bangs from beginning to end, and remains the greatest album never to have been released.  The features and production lineup alone make it a classic on paper.

I think that Rakim situation was different from say Bishop's where Bishop had like 100 solo tracks recorded with the Aftermath team. Rakim only had a handful at most, from what I understand.

Stat Quo: He was with Dre. A lot of them 50 records was Rakim songs. That first album, Rakim did songs on all those beats, man.

Stat Quo: Yes, all them shits was Rakim songs. Rakim problem is he couldn’t do the hooks. The choruses were never strong. He a dope ass rapper but in your mind right now can you remember a Rakim hook? I mean maybe cause you young or whatever…

Stat Quo: But you never hear—I got nine 50 hooks in my head right now. The choruses. Dre is about songs. You could be a dope ass rapper but them hooks. That’s why “You can find me in the club…” [was successful]. It’s the chorus. So that was a problem. That’s why Rakim never came out with an album, because he couldn’t come up with the hooks.

THATS BS, SHOULDA HAD TRUTH HURTS OR EMINEM OR EVEN DRE DOIN THE HOOKS.....TEAM EFFORT, RAPPERS AINT GOTA DO THEIR OWN CHORUSES.

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 04:55:42 PM »

THATS BS, SHOULDA HAD TRUTH HURTS OR EMINEM OR EVEN DRE DOIN THE HOOKS.....TEAM EFFORT, RAPPERS AINT GOTA DO THEIR OWN CHORUSES.

agreed, especially since he did the feature for Truth Hurts' single

on a side note somebody slide me a link for Thy Kingdom Come, every blog I hit up has those wack Datafile links  :-\

me1

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 07:03:30 PM »
I remember Denaun Porter saying Rakim's version of the Heat beat (gunshot beat song on Fif's album) was incredible
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 07:05:50 AM by manny1 »

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 07:21:48 PM »
I remember Denaun Porter saying Rakim's version of the Heat beat (gunshot best song on Fif's album) was incredible

imagine same chorus wit rakim flows.....actually, if dre woulda brought on 50 cent as a hookmaster on rakim's debut, that album coulda been the best of the 00's........ still remember when "oh my god" was "detox" before there was a "detox". feels like yesterday.

jaytee

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:53:27 PM »
I remember Denaun Porter saying Rakim's version of the Heat beat (gunshot best song on Fif's album) was incredible

I figured that Heat was originally intended for Rakim.  I remember him saying in an interview that Dre wanted him to "bring the guns out" and the creative differences that they had surrounding the content.

I've always had a sneaky feeling that In Da Club was his as well even though it has been linked with D12 as well.  I vaguely recall Dre saying that he didn't originally picture that beat being a club song. 

Then think about the tracks that went to Obie Trice around that time (Oh!, The Setup, Look In My Eyes, etc.)

It's a travesty that they weren't able to finish that album. 

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 08:55:50 PM »
dope ass interview. bumping thy kingdom come atm.  8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 09:08:47 PM »

I figured that Heat was originally intended for Rakim.  I remember him saying in an interview that Dre wanted him to "bring the guns out" and the creative differences that they had surrounding the content.

I've always had a sneaky feeling that In Da Club was his as well even though it has been linked with D12 as well.  I vaguely recall Dre saying that he didn't originally picture that beat being a club song. 

Then think about the tracks that went to Obie Trice around that time (Oh!, The Setup, Look In My Eyes, etc.)

It's a travesty that they weren't able to finish that album. 

Prolly went from d12 to rakim to 50

lol @ d12 dropping the ball on that one tho

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2016, 11:32:59 PM »

not all of it came out

there was a song with Crook

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 12:04:26 AM »

not all of it came out

there was a song with Crook

the album we got wit the turkey on the cover was pretty much what we woulda gotten, give or take

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 12:40:54 PM »
Don't forget the original '97 Golden State Warriorz LP, that was rumoured to feature a bunch of Aftermath producers. If they were working on another in the early millenium, prolly would have again?

But a King T LP with post 2001 production would have been off the heezy. Might've got recorded (but doubtful for release) as Dre gives the same beat to numerous artists and releases the one he thinks is 'hot'.

And we say Dre has a great ear and everything, but c'mon, he hears 50 shit being a hit but no for Ra? GTFOH.

Lyrically his Aftermath songs were fire, shitting over everything at the time except, maybe, that ALC/BDK LP, which was also scrapped.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...