Author Topic: YG - Still Brazy (Discussion Thread)  (Read 2588 times)

WestWestYA

Re: YG - Still Brazy (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 08:50:56 PM »
Very disappointing sequel album from YG. Stop trying to try sound like old school west coast rap. Stick to your 1st album style which is ten times better than this very average album.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 09:36:39 PM »
Very disappointing sequel album from YG. Stop trying to try sound like old school west coast rap. Stick to your 1st album style which is ten times better than this very average album.

Idk bro I don't agree with you maybe I'm an old head but this style is better to me....it's almost like after he got shot he stopped making music that he knows will go pop and make music that he wants to make cuz he realized how short life was...I've yet to hear every last second of this album but from what I've heard it slaps 1000%
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Funkstradamus

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 06:49:47 AM »
i never noticed how much he sounds like Cold 187um until i listened to this album...   one of the best albums this year so far... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2016, 07:31:44 AM »

what u talkin about ?? finally some dope beats ! I dont think we wanna hear DJ mustard beats again and again...they gettin kinda boring ! ( i dont know who produced this album but u know what i mean )
This is better ! new school flows with old school beats with a new twist !

WestWestYA

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 07:58:56 AM »

what u talkin about ?? finally some dope beats ! I dont think we wanna hear DJ mustard beats again and again...they gettin kinda boring ! ( i dont know who produced this album but u know what i mean )
Yes but a very one dimensional album. obviously i dont want the mustard sound again because his already done that. But i expected this album take it to another level again as his first album.
Maybe he should have made this a mixtape. If anyone else likes it thats cool.

bouli77

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 09:39:37 AM »
I liked how cohesive and varied My Krazy Life was. With a dope story line and lush production.

I didn't like Twist My Fingaz, thought it sounded too cliché and kinda boring. Didn't like Why You Always Hatin' as well. Disappointing and kinda bland. Hopefully the rest of the album is different. Anyway I doubt it will top My Krazy Life imo.

RECOGNIZE187

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 02:06:25 PM »

Yes but a very one dimensional album. obviously i dont want the mustard sound again because his already done that. But i expected this album take it to another level again as his first album.
Maybe he should have made this a mixtape. If anyone else likes it thats cool.
te be like dr dre -compton soundtrack ? :)
i know what u mean...maybe this album is for the old school people...and next one will be the one u want :) he is young.....

Eddz

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 05:46:31 PM »
Pretty good album after first listen, nice West Cost flavor to it 8)

The only thing that bugs me is he has track like "Don't Come To LA" talking about fake bangers and revoking Hollywood hood passes but then has Lil Wayne on his album, just doesn't add up ???

Blood$

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 08:02:22 PM »

The only thing that bugs me is he has track like "Don't Come To LA" talking about fake bangers and revoking Hollywood hood passes but then has Lil Wayne on his album, just doesn't add up ???

Lil Wayne paid his way with the blood shit but at the same time can't say he doesn't look out for some of these dudes from the west as far as music goes... hopped on Jay Rock and Glasses Malone's joints early on in their careers and then did stuff with Mitchy Slick, Compton Menace, Kendrick, etc.

there seems to be a genuine respect (and $ of course) and as long as the music's dope fuck it, "I Got A Question" was fire
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 08:05:31 PM by Blood$ »

Okka

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 12:07:00 PM »
I had no idea the album came out, somehow missed this thread. I'll drop some thoughts about the album later.

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »
I don't know one person yet that has said this album is anything short of heat from who I showed it to so far

really hope he tours around my area in the near future, some of these joints live would be great

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 07:24:22 AM »

Yeah, it's confusing to me.  YG was on the Breakfast Club earlier this week, and he even brought that up, talking about how he hates how people from out of town move to LA and start claiming and not really putting work in, when people like him are getting in real situations from their affiliations.  He doesn't say any names, but Charlemagne brought up Chris Brown but YG kind of brushed it off.

I agree though, it's weird for him to have a song like Don't Come to LA and be saying stuff like that in interviews but have a song with Lil Wayne, maybe the king of out-of-town banging on wax without putting in any work.  But like Blood$ said, if they pay up and are helping put people from the hood onto the rap game (and essentially giving them a taste of legit money and an opportunity to do something better), then it's a compromise.

I've still been bumping this album nonstop.  Lots of bangers, but it doesn't have that big undeniable single like how My Krazy Life had Who Do You Love.  Thought it was funny how a lot of the songs have some nods here and there to older songs, like how Who Shot Me reminds me of the beat for Dre's What's the Difference, the Twist My Fingaz intro kind of sounds like the intro to Eminem's Without Me, the baseline for She Wish She Was was like the Dre beat that plays at the end of the California Love video when Pac is having the nightmare and wakes up.  I enjoy it, but it doesn't quite flow as an album in its entirety the way My Krazy Life did.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 08:58:44 AM »
Oh also, I was in Huntington Beach this past Monday getting dinner with this girl, and I remember walking down Main St. and this car coming by bumping Twist My Fingaz, and a bunch of white girls (I'm guessing they maybe were college age) started losing their minds and just getting down to it right on the side walk.  People are loving YG's shit.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »
Finally copped the album, it's solid, production sounds on point, very cohesive sound throughout....yg not the best rapper, but I like the sound of it. My joint is "she wish she was", that's a classic cut

bigpimpin20

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2016, 12:16:39 PM »
Finally copped the album, it's solid, production sounds on point, very cohesive sound throughout....yg not the best rapper, but I like the sound of it. My joint is "she wish she was", that's a classic cut
can u check who was behind mixing & instruments on  each track? terrace martin was all over my krazy life 8)