Author Topic: Daz Dillinger BLASTS DJ Mustard & Company For Jackin’ His Beat!  (Read 707 times)

Okka

Daz Dillinger breaks down how DJ Mustard used a beat he owns for the Mila J song “My Main” featuring Ty Dolla $ign. The beat is from ” Who got some Gangsta shit”!
Daz claims DJ Mustard “didn’t do the beat anyway”! Daz also lets it be known he owns soopafly’s catalog

http://www.dubcnn.com/2016/06/05/daz-dillinger-exposes-dj-mustard-company-for-jackin-his-beat/

Mr. Theo

Re: Daz Dillinger BLASTS DJ Mustard & Company For Jackin’ His Beat!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:03:52 AM »
Daz Dillinger breaks down how DJ Mustard used a beat he owns for the Mila J song “My Main” featuring Ty Dolla $ign. The beat is from ” Who got some Gangsta shit”!
Daz claims DJ Mustard “didn’t do the beat anyway”! Daz also lets it be known he owns soopafly’s catalog

http://www.dubcnn.com/2016/06/05/daz-dillinger-exposes-dj-mustard-company-for-jackin-his-beat/

Daz iz a clown nowadays...

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 12:21:02 PM »
I don't blame him tho, when u hear mustard, a lot of times it automatically sounds like some Daz shit circa 95 ..... Some of them beats are straight jacked, if Daz don't approve it then he the one who has the right to speak on it.

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »

Daz iz a clown nowadays...

A clown for gettin jacked and gettin back what's rightfully his? Beach boys sued snoop for a one-liner.....a whole beat gettin jacked, best believe them publishing checks should b comin in.

bouli77

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 01:13:01 PM »
.a whole beat gettin jacked, best believe them publishing checks should b comin in.

8 keys aren't exactly a whole beat though, but I believe Daz still has a case as DJ Mustard reproduced the exact bassline.

Daz did the same in his day though, using beats and elements that were not his without crediting them. (examples : Feels So Good on R.A.W. sampling Kool & The Gang's Be My Lady, Respect interpolating Parliament's Flashlight, I Ain't Mad At Cha interpolating DeBarge's A Dream, Ambitionz Az A Ridah interpolating Pee Wee Herman, Groupie interpolating Bobby Nunn's She Was Just a Groupie, Rocc Wit Daz sampling Freddie Jackson's Rock Me Tonight, etc. etc.)

dj coma

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 03:41:38 PM »
.a whole beat gettin jacked, best believe them publishing checks should b comin in.

8 keys aren't exactly a whole beat though, but I believe Daz still has a case as DJ Mustard reproduced the exact bassline.

Daz did the same in his day though, using beats and elements that were not his without crediting them. (examples : Feels So Good on R.A.W. sampling Kool & The Gang's Be My Lady, Respect interpolating Parliament's Flashlight, I Ain't Mad At Cha interpolating DeBarge's A Dream, Ambitionz Az A Ridah interpolating Pee Wee Herman, Groupie interpolating Bobby Nunn's She Was Just a Groupie, Rocc Wit Daz sampling Freddie Jackson's Rock Me Tonight, etc. etc.)

Agreed. Daz is a huge hypocrite on this issue and I hope he gets called out for it in an interview.

Sccit

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 03:47:59 PM »

do u know if those artists got publishing on any of those? i know at least some of the major stuff did.

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 04:14:18 PM »
Mustard has always been influenced by Daz/DPG, why was there no issue when "Let's Play House" got flipped for "Do It To Ya" ? Daz even made his own unofficial remix to that joint lol

Sccit

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
Mustard has always been influenced by Daz/DPG, why was there no issue when "Let's Play House" got flipped for "Do It To Ya" ? Daz even made his own unofficial remix to that joint lol

Maybe some bills came up n he wana get paid for his work

dj coma

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »

do u know if those artists got publishing on any of those? i know at least some of the major stuff did.

I think most of the Death Row tracks were probably cleared (since they got credited in the liner notes), but once he became independent I don't remember seeing samples credited in the liner notes. Seems like he thinks the rules don't apply to him when he is the one that has to pay to clear the samples. Double standards.

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »

I think most of the Death Row tracks were probably cleared (since they got credited in the liner notes), but once he became independent I don't remember seeing samples credited in the liner notes. Seems like he thinks the rules don't apply to him when he is the one that has to pay to clear the samples. Double standards.

Well, generally, independent releases aren't as coveted for publishing rights, almost like mixtapes....but commercial releases generate so much revenue by the labels that publishing is a lot more likely to need clearance. 

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 09:36:41 PM »

Well, generally, independent releases aren't as coveted for publishing rights, almost like mixtapes....but commercial releases generate so much revenue by the labels that publishing is a lot more likely to need clearance. 

U know any numbers??
$$$???
Would be interested couse I have no clue

dj coma

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 08:52:16 PM »

I definitely agree, but technically/legally speaking you ALWAYS need clearance regardless of if you're making money off of it or not. Plus as far as I know Daz didn't make any distinction in his rant about sample clearance on a major vs. independent.

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 10:56:54 PM »

I definitely agree, but technically/legally speaking you ALWAYS need clearance regardless of if you're making money off of it or not. Plus as far as I know Daz didn't make any distinction in his rant about sample clearance on a major vs. independent.

yes, technically, it's illegal either way.....but its much more rare for anyone to go after independent releases, thats why you hear a ganga uncleared samples in independent releases