Author Topic: RANK DJ QUIK'S ALBUMS FROM BEST TO WORST  (Read 1041 times)

Sccit

RANK DJ QUIK'S ALBUMS FROM BEST TO WORST
« on: June 21, 2016, 11:35:03 AM »
Been slappin under the influence this past couple days .. I always liked it, but I'm startin to think it's actually towards the bottom of the list. Midnight Life >

How y'all got em ranked?

bigpimpin20

Re: RANK DJ QUIK'S ALBUMS FROM BEST TO WORST
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 12:17:50 PM »
under tha influence is underrated, i like it cuz its so different from usual quik style, im glad that he tried some new things on this one also it always sounded to me very ''dre-ish'' like it could have came out on aftermath 8)

Mr. Theo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 12:48:37 PM »
My order (

1 Rhythm-a-lism 10/10

2 Safe Sound    9.8/10

3 Quik Is The Name 9.5/10

4 Balance and Options  9/10

5 Under The Influence  8.8/10

6 Book of David   8.5/10

7 Trauma           8/10

8 Midnight Life    7.8/10

9 Way 2 Funky   7.5/10

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
under tha influence is underrated, i like it cuz its so different from usual quik style, im glad that he tried some new things on this one also it always sounded to me very ''dre-ish'' like it could have came out on aftermath 8)

Exactly .. Extremely dreesque, which is cool, but much diff than typical Quik.
I like it, but u can tell he was goin for the Dre sound a lil too much.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 01:08:00 PM »
1. Balance and options
2. Rhythm-al-ism
3. Book of David
4. safe and sound
5.  BlaQKout (always count it even tho it's with kurupt)
6. Quik is the name
7. Trauma
8. Midnight life
9. Under the influence
10. Way 2 fonky

I mean is this even fair tho cuz these are all at least 8 out of 10 for me...there's no real "worst" album ha
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Sccit

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 02:03:57 PM »
yall have way 2 fonky that low? damn...that was the first quik album i ever owned, def fux wit it over under the influence

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
1. Rhythm-al-ism
2. Safe & Sound
3. Balance & Options
4. Book of David
5. Trauma
6. BlaQKout
7. Quik Is The Name
8. Midnight Life 
9. Under The Influence
10. Way 2 Fonky

honestly the top 2 are basically a tie for me, I haven't bothered peeping the joint he just put out with Problem yet

johnnie360

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 05:39:41 PM »
1. Balance & Options
2. Rhythm-al-ism
3. Safe + Sound
4. Way 2 Fonky
5. Book Of David
6. Quik Is The Name
7. Midnight Life
8. Blacqout
9. Under the Influence
10. Trauma

UDI & Trauma are actually the only DJ Quik Albums I do not like. I think the mastering is shit on UDI.

WestWestYA

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 06:08:08 PM »
1. Quik is the name
2. Safe and sound
3. Rhythm
4. Trauma
5. Balance
6. Book
7. Way 2 funky
8. Under the influence
9. Midnight life

h2k4

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 06:19:29 PM »
1. Quik Is The Name
2. Way 2 Fonky
3. Safe + Sound
4. Rhythamlism
5. Balance + Options

The rest of Quik's discography doesn't exist to me.  Actually, if I had to narrow it down further, I wouldn't have a problem taking out 4 and 5.

Chef_YRD

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 06:24:06 PM »
yall have way 2 fonky that low? damn...that was the first quik album i ever owned, def fux wit it over under the influence

It was my first quik album too I remember thinking I was the man smashing my first girl friend and playing mo pussy haha it's so hard to narrow down tho I'd have to listen to them all and really think about it I just literally love his whole discography
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 06:28:52 PM »

I think the mastering is shit on UDI.

Yes! There's a couple joints on there towards the end where the vocals are way too low in comparison to the beat. Threw me off like a mufucka when I slapped it in the deck a couple days ago.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2016, 06:32:38 PM »

It was my first quik album too I remember thinking I was the man smashing my first girl friend and playing mo pussy haha it's so hard to narrow down tho I'd have to listen to them all and really think about it I just literally love his whole discography

True, he really don't have any bad or sub-par albums .. But way 2 fonky is towards the top for me

Chef_YRD

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »

True, he really don't have any bad or sub-par albums .. But way 2 fonky is towards the top for me

I feel like his first 2 were great and went with the time he made them in,same with safe and sound I just feel like after street gospel,so from 97 on he came into his own more and made music that was more experimental...way 2 fonky is dope tho it might even be better than quik is the name if we romoved the nostalgia/legacy factors and peeped them without any other knowledge cuz quiks groove 2 is pure 🔥🔥🔥🔥

MOBNigga06

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2016, 09:40:36 PM »
1. Rhythmalism
2. Safe & Sound
3. Book of David
4. Midnight Life
5. Balance & Options
6. Trauma
7. Under the Influence
8. Quik is the Name
9. Way 2 Fonky

Quik's first two albums are classic, but just objectively speaking, they're nowhere near as good as his music from Safe & Sound onward. Everything changed with that album. From that point forward, Quik became much more consistent.

I'd consider ranking Book of David above Safe & Sound. Sonically, BOD is the far superior album, but I just love Somethin 4 The Mood and Summer Breeze so much.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.