Author Topic: RANK DJ QUIK'S ALBUMS FROM BEST TO WORST  (Read 1012 times)

makaveliapostle

Re: RANK DJ QUIK'S ALBUMS FROM BEST TO WORST
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2016, 11:22:11 AM »
if we're taking liberties with what constitues a quik album, then:
1. Rhythmalism
2. Safe and Sound
3. Balance and Options
4. Street Gospel
5. Under the Influence
6. Classic 220
7. Book of David
8. Blaqkout
9. Way 2 Funky
10. Trauma
11. Quik Is the Name
12. Second II None
13. Midnight Life (Fixxers version)
14. Midnight Life

strictly albums under quik's name:
1. Rhythmalism
2. Safe and Sound
3. Balance and Options
4. Under the Influence
5. Book of David
6. Way 2 Funky
7. Trauma
8. Quik Is the Name
9. Midnight Life

my top three can alternate depending on mood/time of day/season, but most often they end up in that order.  definitely think those albums are on a whole nother level; quik at his peak.  UTI is more remenicent sonically of those three albums than any of his others imo, hence it's high ranking.  i too find it interesting that quik doesn't think much of b&o.  he recently said in an interview that back when he was making the record, he saw it as an album where "nobody was watching," inferring he didn't put much effort into it and didn't think highly of it.  i couldn't disagree more.  midnight life would fit that category moreso than any other.  great thread btw  8)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:25:09 AM by makaveliapostle »

Chef_YRD

Re: RANK DJ QUIK'S ALBUMS FROM BEST TO WORST
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2016, 10:16:37 PM »
if we're taking liberties with what constitues a quik album, then:
1. Rhythmalism
2. Safe and Sound
3. Balance and Options
4. Street Gospel
5. Under the Influence
6. Classic 220
7. Book of David
8. Blaqkout
9. Way 2 Funky
10. Trauma
11. Quik Is the Name
12. Second II None
13. Midnight Life (Fixxers version)
14. Midnight Life

strictly albums under quik's name:
1. Rhythmalism
2. Safe and Sound
3. Balance and Options
4. Under the Influence
5. Book of David
6. Way 2 Funky
7. Trauma
8. Quik Is the Name
9. Midnight Life

my top three can alternate depending on mood/time of day/season, but most often they end up in that order.  definitely think those albums are on a whole nother level; quik at his peak.  UTI is more remenicent sonically of those three albums than any of his others imo, hence it's high ranking.  i too find it interesting that quik doesn't think much of b&o.  he recently said in an interview that back when he was making the record, he saw it as an album where "nobody was watching," inferring he didn't put much effort into it and didn't think highly of it.  i couldn't disagree more.  midnight life would fit that category moreso than any other.  great thread btw  8)

Balance and options is my favorite quik album so I strongly disagree with him,always have....he gets too apprehensive and critical about his music I think he's better when he says fuck it and drops whatever he comes up with ✊🏼
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"