Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - The Reformation: G.D.N.I.A.F.T (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 14980 times)

Blood$

the same people who criticize Game for having feature heavy albums (and actually good features) are the same people praising this joint? FOH lol only on Dubcc  :laugh:

please shoot yourself cause game got maybe 2-3 serius feats. but this album got better feats. you can eat a FAT DICK IF YOU´re disagree here...

I'll also add that Game has at least a handful of tracks where's completely solo, Bishop doesn't have one solo track on here... let the dickriding commence  :camp:

Marco

Thanks for the detailed Credits Marco and for the Covers.

Np. You're welcome bro. 8)
West Coast Connection // www.dubcnn.com/connect // West Coast Connection

Marco

Already bought my copy from Bishop's official site and will wait for the iTunes version to come out to buy them.

Support Bishop Lamont and the real Hip-Hop. 8)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:12:16 PM by Marco »

the bootleg Reformation someone posted a year or two a go was waaaaay better than this...  that said, there a couple bangers on here....definitely not worth the wait tho...

Lank?

EnzoUK

Still giving the album a proper listen, but thought I'd add a quick 2 cents here...

The Intro track is insane IMO, instantly one of my favorite Bishop tracks, but I can't help but think it's a detox reference track originally written by bishop & produced by khalil for for Dre's Detox. Just listening to it, Dre's vocals would fit perfectly.

It's just the tracks vibe and content, sounds like something produced (or at least written) around the time of the Rakim Era on Aftermath, has that Rakim (ft truth hurts) - After You Die sound Dre was pushing Rakim to go with.

Also, The Game - Dead People (prod. Dr Dre), same kind of fitting sound / lyrical content, same kinda ish Dre likes.

Anyone else think this?
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Jome

* Thread cleaned up and necessary 1 week ban issued. *
Let the album discussion commence.  8)

Blood$

after one spin it's a cool album but definitely way too many random features and mostly just decent joints, gotta give it a few more spins to see if more stands out to me

doggfather

after one spin it's a cool album but definitely way too many random features and mostly just decent joints, gotta give it a few more spins to see if more stands out to me

its out?
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Marco

its out?

Yeah @ bishoplamont.com

teletomble

What Does "G.D.N.I.A.F.T" Stand For?

Also, Has Any1 Got "Go Time"?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:37:23 AM by teletomble »

terence chill

What Does "G.D.N.I.A.F.T" Stand For?

Also, Has Any1 Got "Go Time"?

really? GOD DAMN N.... ITS ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

doggfather

its out?

Yeah @ bishoplamont.com

gonna check it!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Marco

the bootleg Reformation someone posted a year or two a go was waaaaay better than this...  that said, there a couple bangers on here....definitely not worth the wait tho...

Lank?

Bishop Lamont - The Reformation: The Never Released Aftermath Album

1. Hallelujah (feat. Xzibit) (Produced by Dr. Dre)
2. Send a Nigga Home (feat. Mr. Porter) (Produced by DJ Khalil)
3. It Hurts (Produced by Dready Beatz)
4. I'm Faded (feat. Nate Dogg) (Produced by Warren G)
5. No Stoppin' Carson (Produced by Dr. Dre)
6. Bitches On My Dick (Produced by DJ Khalil)
7. Oh My God (feat. Nikki Grier) (Produced by Scott Storch)
8. Feel On It (Produced by Focus)
9. I Dominate (feat. Dr. Dre) (Produced by Dr. Dre)
10. Exclusive (I Got It) [feat. Marsha Ambrosius] (Produced by Focus)
11. Flashy (Produced by Dr. Dre)
12. All On My Dick (feat. Taje & Indef) (Produced by Tha Bizness)
13. Grow Up (Produced by Dr. Dre)
14. Africa (feat. Soul Nana) (Produced by Bink)
15. Right (Produced by Scott Storch)
16. City Lights (feat. Eric of The New Royales) (Produced by DJ Khalil)
17. So Sad (feat. Chevy Jones) (Produced by Danja)
18. Friends (Produced by Hi-Tek)
19. If You Don't Know The Code (feat. Kobe) (Produced by DJ Khalil)

The Reformation: The Never Released Aftermath Album.zip (153.2 MB)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:29:18 PM by Marco »

hrsmn_london

Why is Back Up Off Me not on album, considering a video was made?

Jome

After some listens in the car and in my headphones, some initial thoughts:

+ Beats are banging, Khalil brought the heat as usual, Chris Noxx' beats sounds very Khalilesque, Bink/Batson/Warren G/Focus & Paul Cabbin brought the heat on the boards as well.
+ Bishop is on his A-game. He took his sweet time with this one, but he's versatile, masters different flows, and lyrics are mostly on point. He's more original than most artists.
+ Bishop got something a lot of these self-righteous rappers lack; humour and self-irony. Usually you don't smile/smirk/laugh when listening to rap, but Bishop made me  :laugh: a bunch of times.
+ The guest list. Am I gonna complain about features from Ras Kass, Xzibit, RBX, Kobe, Warren G, Kokane or Apathy? Surely not. Some nice surprises as well, some artists I didn't hear about also brought some heat.
+ The album is somewhat coherent, but still brings some variation in theme/mood.

- The album starts out very strong, but from track 12, the quality is a bit below par, before getting stronger forwards the last tracks. Maybe it needs time to grow on me.
- The guest list contains some subpar features, which is kinda unavoidable with 31 features on a 18 track album (not counting the outro).
- 31 features might be a bit too heavy, took some lessons from The Game on this one..
- Being coherent is usually a plus, but some of the tracks might sound too similar..

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:06:25 AM by Jome »