Author Topic: DAZ OUT HERE CAKIN  (Read 1490 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: DAZ OUT HERE CAKIN
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 01:14:23 PM »
he spends all this on crack

Mr Wicked

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • way more karma than posts
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 01:27:46 PM »
he spends all this on crack

lol, classic

dexter

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 02:16:41 PM »

MOBNigga06

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2016, 10:14:30 PM »
It's amazing to think that a dude who supposedly sees ca. $200,000 every 90 days in royalties still hasn't paid back the fans of his who he "ganked" back in the day.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 11:16:08 PM »
i don't believe it but i'm sure he's making money

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

me1

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2016, 05:55:17 AM »
Something can't be entirely right here. Are we to believe that Daz makes $20,000+ every 90 days on these old songs? That just seems impossible. Maybe this is what it adds up to after a longer period? Or maybe these are exceptionally high figures, which is why he's posting them?

Do the Outlawz get royalties like this from Pac songs? I'd be inclined to guess that they don't, since they always seem kinda broke and needy.

Seems a little disproportionate to me too but maybe it's owed to that judgement from DR he got a while back that hasn't been paid to him. Maybe they gave him greater publishing proceeds to accelerate the payout to him. DR was basically insolvent when he won that approx 25mm dollar payout from them whenever that was,

If I had to guess, I'd say that Daz was awarded some if not all of Suge's publishing on some songs
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 06:14:14 AM by manny1 »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2016, 11:16:01 AM »
None of it makes any sense to me.  Cause if Daz is making this kind of bread from these songs then other people involved also got to be making this kind of money off the songs, then the label is supposedly making all these profits, etc. then it all comes back to---who is footing the bill for all this?   

The radio play thing makes the least sense to me of all.  I mean people aren't even really buying albums anymore, but songs are still being spun at the same rate.  So it would be impossible for labels to still be paying these artists when money isn't coming in from record sales.

Where is this money coming from?   The only revenue streams I can think of for labels are album sales, and then the rare chance a song gets used in a movie or commercial and they profit off that.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2016, 06:20:59 PM »
Something can't be entirely right here. Are we to believe that Daz makes $20,000+ every 90 days on these old songs? That just seems impossible. Maybe this is what it adds up to after a longer period? Or maybe these are exceptionally high figures, which is why he's posting them?

Do the Outlawz get royalties like this from Pac songs? I'd be inclined to guess that they don't, since they always seem kinda broke and needy.

daz always been about his bread..thats one u can always say about him..he did not let anybody fuck him over when it comes to his money...mustard jackin beats..daz suing...gta usin his production..daz suing..he sued suge

pac nor the outlaws prolly dont get anything..pac didnt start gettin his money until death row exchanged hands n he was long gone..before..pac didnt see shit..except what suge allowed him to see..

do u really thing the outlaws had it better than pac..nah

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2016, 08:03:49 PM »
None of it makes any sense to me.  Cause if Daz is making this kind of bread from these songs then other people involved also got to be making this kind of money off the songs, then the label is supposedly making all these profits, etc. then it all comes back to---who is footing the bill for all this?   

The radio play thing makes the least sense to me of all.  I mean people aren't even really buying albums anymore, but songs are still being spun at the same rate.  So it would be impossible for labels to still be paying these artists when money isn't coming in from record sales.

Where is this money coming from?   The only revenue streams I can think of for labels are album sales, and then the rare chance a song gets used in a movie or commercial and they profit off that.
Streaming music is now also a revenue... think Apple Music, Spotify, etc.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2016, 08:42:50 PM »

it makes alot of sense...streams are givin artist a new lane to get paid n go gold or platinum..

daz may be an asshole..but the dude..paid attention and learn game from quik n dre...2 of west coast finest..who were fucked over by labels multiple times..

then u had snoop n pac who was gettin fucked over by death row..daz has always been surrounded by niggas who he could learn from..daz resume is impressive.. jermaine dupri, mike dean, dj quik, dr dre,..not to many assholes can say they learned from those ppl

money is out there to be still made...new fans are born everyday...u got niggas still stuck in the 90s on here...n constantly bringin up old shit...n u got youngsters tryin 2 see wha the fuss is about when u got new school cats needin the support..but the larry holmes niggas stuck in a time zone..

so instead of the ygs buyin the albums..they simply stream it...

Streaming music is now also a revenue... think Apple Music, Spotify, etc.

b-PlEaSE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2016, 11:16:09 PM »
Fuck the hatin' ass fucks on here Daz, get that ca$h!

JeremyM

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 04:27:46 AM »

I'm not going to pretend I know all the details,. but I believe this is money that comes from the publishing company, not the record label. There's no middle man in there.

I believe you are correct about the movies line of thinking, though--that's why What Would You Do? is so high on there. It was featured in Straight Outta Compton and apparently Entourage the Movie recently. I would imagine that is a major reason it was so high, because it's probably not a huge catalog song on its own like the Snoop and Dre material.

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 05:52:22 AM »
^^^^ and gta

heinz

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2016, 06:38:56 AM »
Fuck the hatin' ass fucks on here Daz, get that ca$h!

4sho nigga!

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2016, 08:23:21 AM »
The numbers seems legit. The more dubious claim is the "every 90 days" part. I believe most publishing companies pay out twice a year, not every 90 days, but that could have changed over the last decades (I read about this stuff back in the 90's). The largest part of publishing income comes from radio play and this can be very substantial. If you write a classic that gets strong recurrent airplay, you can live off of it for the rest of your life. Streaming pays very little, but it is increasing.