Author Topic: DAZ OUT HERE CAKIN  (Read 1494 times)

MOBNigga06

Re: DAZ OUT HERE CAKIN
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 09:11:12 AM »
I'd also guess that Youtube profits are included in here. Rappers must be making a lot of money on Youtube. If your video has a commercial before it, and your video gets millions of views, you must be seeing money. So Daz is probably caking off kids in Europe watching the 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted video over and over again.
The most GAMED UP poster on DubCC.

Member of Bloods.

Money over Bitches.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 10:09:58 AM »
A lot of this is just conjecture.  I mean how many of you have actually heard an artist say they are makin bread off YouTube or off of streams?

Pac's whole All Eyez On Me album, possibly the greatest album of all time, the whole thing has for the longest been available on YouTube without commercial and without interruption.

As far as streaming goes I don't have even one friend or haven't talked to any person who actually pays for that shit on a regular basis.   I mean I bought Dre's Compton album, but that was kind of a rare thing.   I mean it's not like you meet people talking about which songs and albums they stream (buy) from Spotify or apple or whatever.....the way we would in the 90's.   In the 90's you'd come upon strangers and discuss what albums you had what they had.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

me1

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 01:55:13 PM »
not really sure how all this works, but looking at Ambitionz Az A Ridah, for example, publishing is split 5 ways: Pac, Interscope, Warner, Suge, and Daz.

that's a lot of cake for 1/5 of the royalties for a 90 day period.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 08:00:20 PM »
A lot of this is just conjecture.  I mean how many of you have actually heard an artist say they are makin bread off YouTube or off of streams?

Pac's whole All Eyez On Me album, possibly the greatest album of all time, the whole thing has for the longest been available on YouTube without commercial and without interruption.

As far as streaming goes I don't have even one friend or haven't talked to any person who actually pays for that shit on a regular basis.   I mean I bought Dre's Compton album, but that was kind of a rare thing.   I mean it's not like you meet people talking about which songs and albums they stream (buy) from Spotify or apple or whatever.....the way we would in the 90's.   In the 90's you'd come upon strangers and discuss what albums you had what they had.
The money is there though.  The free stuff -- whether YouTube or Spotify -- generates money from the advertisements.  And when you pay for the premium stuff -- whether YouTube or Spotify -- the money is still coming in, even without the advertisements.  It's not a ton of money, usually something like a certain fraction of a cent per play, but when it's free and/or streaming, if it gets played enough times, it starts making some good money, really at no investment or risk of the artist.

Just look at Psy -- Gangnam Style made him something between $5-10 million just that first year.  And it's not like he's doing world tours for one song (though there are obviously videos of him doing it in concert, but usually in Korea), so a lot of it off of those insane amounts of YouTube views.

Sure, you can find a hundred different YouTube uploads of something like Ambitionz az a Ridah, but you can't claim the advertisement money off of it unless it's your content/material.  So they can get money off of videos that other people uploaded, if it's theirs.

JeremyM

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2016, 06:57:11 PM »
My understanding is Youtube has software to identify if the music you upload belongs to someone else, and assigns royalties accordingly. So if I upload a Daz song under my account, the owners still get their royalties, no matter how scant they are. I'm sure stuff slips through the cracks but probably not with the big hits.

abusive

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2016, 07:32:56 PM »
Glad Daz posted this because this is what it's going to take to change the game. They really got yall thinking that music doesn't generate money. lol
No man born of woman tho. Dead homies.