Author Topic: Durant leaving one of the greatest players ever to join the best RS team ever  (Read 1376 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This is much worse than what LeBron did with the Heat... will be (social) media backlash be even close to as crazy? Of course not.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Hack Wilson - real

its pretty bad lol

the raiders QB is sticking up for him on twitter

PLANT

Its funny seeing Durant bitch out and join the Warriors after he called people out for doing this shit a couple times already. 

LeBron beat Curry and KD in two separate finals, so I guess you got to do what you got to do ahaha

Sccit

No it's not worse because a.lebron left his home town b.lebron made a commercial spectacle out of it by announcing it on a tv special he put together and c.lebron predetermined his decision by gathering wade and bosh and having bosh come along with him on the low.

But yea, it's still pretty bad in terms of joining the team you sposta be putting out .. Just not AS BAD

PLANT

No it's not worse because a.lebron left his home town b.lebron made a commercial spectacle out of it by announcing it on a tv special he put together and c.lebron predetermined his decision by gathering wade and bosh and having bosh come along with him on the low.

But yea, it's still pretty bad in terms of joining the team you sposta be putting out .. Just not AS BAD
I agree what LeBron did was bullshit the way he went about it.  But were talking about Durant here, and the fact he had some shit to say about what LeBron and other guys did makes him look like a hypocrite.

And regarding Bosh, everyone knew Bosh was leaving Toronto.  He signed with the Heat before LeBron did too.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
In my subjective opinion it is even worse because

a.) OKC was a much much better team, with Westbrook being even better than Wade was in 2011

b.) He just lost narrowly against the GSW and many would argue that he was supposed to win if he wasn't bitch-made

c.) He joins an already intact team that won 73 games and went to Game 7 in the Finals and already one a championship. He isn't bulding anything.

He is basically doing what 38-year-old future HOFers do when they are chasing the ring that eludes them. Only that he is in his fucking prime making major bucks.
No, it's not a sin

Hack Wilson - real

1-Lebron didn't join a 73 win team after losing a 3-1 lead to them in the playoffs

2-Akron is Lebron's hometown, Cleveland is a different city in case you were unaware.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
One question about this.  Isn't there a salary cap still in the NBA? 

I mean ya'll are assuming that players in the past simply had more loyalty, but it used to be financially impractical to add a star player to an already championship caliber team.  For example, say that Jordan couldn't beat out the Pistons in the late 80's.  The Pistons already had a top squad which means they were already paying for top talent with Isiah and their various role players.  Or for Jordan to join the Lakers wouldn't have been possible because they already had money spent on Magic, Worthy, etc.

These days it seems like teams have the ability to sign 3 or even 4 top salary players.  Back in the day it seemed like financially teams were only able to pay 1 guy and the other star on the team was usually underpaid.  Like Pippen was never really paid well in Chicago.  Rodman was never paid much in Detroit. 

The first time this was ever done was when aging stars like Malone and Payton went to LA for way less money because they were over the hill.  So they were still big names but no longer expensive players.  Then the Celtics were able to get Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen and since then things have really gotten crazy the kind of money teams are able to throw at 3 or 4 stars.

Can someone explain the salary cap logistics of all of this?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Hack Wilson - real

One question about this.  Isn't there a salary cap still in the NBA? 

I mean ya'll are assuming that players in the past simply had more loyalty, but it used to be financially impractical to add a star player to an already championship caliber team.  For example, say that Jordan couldn't beat out the Pistons in the late 80's.  The Pistons already had a top squad which means they were already paying for top talent with Isiah and their various role players.  Or for Jordan to join the Lakers wouldn't have been possible because they already had money spent on Magic, Worthy, etc.

These days it seems like teams have the ability to sign 3 or even 4 top salary players.  Back in the day it seemed like financially teams were only able to pay 1 guy and the other star on the team was usually underpaid.  Like Pippen was never really paid well in Chicago.  Rodman was never paid much in Detroit. 

The first time this was ever done was when aging stars like Malone and Payton went to LA for way less money because they were over the hill.  So they were still big names but no longer expensive players.  Then the Celtics were able to get Garnett, Pierce, and Ray Allen and since then things have really gotten crazy the kind of money teams are able to throw at 3 or 4 stars.

Can someone explain the salary cap logistics of all of this?

salary cap went up a lot this year and is going up even more next year

Mike Conley just signed a 5 year, 153 million dollar deal with Memphis...dude is making more than any NFL player lol

Sccit

I agree what LeBron did was bullshit the way he went about it.  But were talking about Durant here, and the fact he had some shit to say about what LeBron and other guys did makes him look like a hypocrite.

And regarding Bosh, everyone knew Bosh was leaving Toronto.  He signed with the Heat before LeBron did too.

Yea bosh signed because it was a joint decision between him Lebron n wade .. But I definitely agree that what durant is doing here is weak. "If u can't beat em join um" to the fullest, only they could have beat them and were a couple plays away from doin so.

Sccit

In my subjective opinion it is even worse because

a.) OKC was a much much better team, with Westbrook being even better than Wade was in 2011

b.) He just lost narrowly against the GSW and many would argue that he was supposed to win if he wasn't bitch-made

c.) He joins an already intact team that won 73 games and went to Game 7 in the Finals and already one a championship. He isn't bulding anything.

He is basically doing what 38-year-old future HOFers do when they are chasing the ring that eludes them. Only that he is in his fucking prime making major bucks.

Naah bro .. Cleveland was favorite to win it all in 2010 before Lebron left, nothin objective about your opinion, you just a Lebron fan comin subjective to the fullest extent. Also, Lebron joined a team in collusion with two other players, which was a big part of the backlash. At the end of the day, both scenarios are weak.. But to say this one is weaker than "the decision" is a stretch.

Sccit

1-Lebron didn't join a 73 win team after losing a 3-1 lead to them in the playoffs

2-Akron is Lebron's hometown, Cleveland is a different city in case you were unaware.

It doesn't matter, Lebron is responsible for the economy of Ohio as a whole, his home state .. And Akron is right next to Cleveland. Lebron didn't join a 73 win team but he did join a top 3 NBA player (at the time) and a former finals mvp ... AND brought along another franchise player with him. A fabricated superteam, no matter how u slice it.

Hack Wilson - real

did lebron have westbrook on his team already?  no

not even close to the same

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Y'all still combat with this nigga about shit he already picked a side on lmfao.

Anyway, this Durant thing is the saddest thing I've ever seen from a superstar.

Also, they just signed David West.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Nigga up 3-1, chokes and joins them. LOL

How's the backlash compared to LeBron after The Decision? I am not as involved in American pop culture as I used to be and have little insight. I'm not a twitter/instagram/vine kinda guy.
No, it's not a sin