Author Topic: Tim Duncan retires  (Read 2491 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Tim Duncan retires
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2016, 09:25:25 PM »
LMFAO. He was the leading scorer, minutes played & rebounding in the Finals the year they lost to Miami in his 16th season lmfao. If Kobe was good enough to make the playoffs in his 16th season & get swept in the first round that season would still be talked about on this forum.

They played arguably the best team ball ever the following year so he was 3rd in scoring in the Finals...by 3 PPG to the Finals MVP that year, who was considered a top player in the league & lead the team in rebounding...in his 17th season.

Guy was even averaging 17 & 11 in the first round in 2015 lmfao...second to Leonard. You making shit up, fam. That's sad as fuck.

Nobody in their sane mind would dismiss winning consistently 50 games every single year of his career & still have the 5 rings & then back up their side with some guy who was piggybacked for 3/5 of his rings. I'll even throw you a bone & say yeah, Kobe did more for those two rings than Duncan did for his last two STATISTICALLY; but it's not like Duncan wasn't as necessary & leading in the same fashion. But if winning is everything (your words), Duncan won WAAAAAY more than Kobe ever coulda dreamed.

"It's not close", I'm ashamed in myself for even responding.

yep

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 02:05:28 PM »
LMFAO. He was the leading scorer, minutes played & rebounding in the Finals the year they lost to Miami in his 16th season lmfao. If Kobe was good enough to make the playoffs in his 16th season & get swept in the first round that season would still be talked about on this forum.

They played arguably the best team ball ever the following year so he was 3rd in scoring in the Finals...by 3 PPG to the Finals MVP that year, who was considered a top player in the league & lead the team in rebounding...in his 17th season.

Guy was even averaging 17 & 11 in the first round in 2015 lmfao...second to Leonard. You making shit up, fam. That's sad as fuck.

Nobody in their sane mind would dismiss winning consistently 50 games every single year of his career & still have the 5 rings & then back up their side with some guy who was piggybacked for 3/5 of his rings. I'll even throw you a bone & say yeah, Kobe did more for those two rings than Duncan did for his last two STATISTICALLY; but it's not like Duncan wasn't as necessary & leading in the same fashion. But if winning is everything (your words), Duncan won WAAAAAY more than Kobe ever coulda dreamed.

"It's not close", I'm ashamed in myself for even responding.

U haven't answered my question .. So u think Duncan's better??

What do u mean duncans won more? They both won 5 .. Only in Duncan's 5, he was never able to defend his title. Kobe did it in a far more dominant fashion, defending his title 3 times, and played on rebuilding teams for half of his prime.

So if Duncan won 6, you mighta had a case .. But even still u wouldn't, because Spurs were able to contend even when Duncan became irrelevant .. We saw what happened to the lakers when Kobe fell off .. Impact is not even close to the same.

And last but no least, head to head matchups... Kobe constantly made the Spurs his bitch, owning Duncan almost every time they faced off.

Winning is the most important factor in determining greatness .. But it's not everything. Far from it

trapper

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 04:14:47 PM »
Duncan is a better power forward but the problem is he played center most of his career. Vlade Divac was a better center than Duncan.

trapper

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 07:38:10 PM »

What do u mean duncans won more?

1. Clearly better. Not by much. Could argue it's tied at best. He has more than Kobe besides this "title defense" that is something the NBA universe hasn't talked about in the history of player comparison lol.

2. Duncan has physically won more games, playing a year less. *waits for complaints of "Duncan has a better team*...you really about to complain about a nigga who took a paycut over your dumbass idol who sucked the franchise dry as a "legacy" paycheck that he spent half on, on the bench? smh.

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 07:40:15 PM »

What do u mean duncans won more?

1. Clearly better. Not by much. Could argue it's tied at best. He has more than Kobe besides this "title defense" that is something the NBA universe hasn't talked about in the history of player comparison lol.

2. Duncan has physically won more games, playing a year less. *waits for complaints of "Duncan has a better team*...you really about to complain about a nigga who took a paycut over your dumbass idol who sucked the franchise dry as a "legacy" paycheck that he spent half on, on the bench? smh.

Lmfao go to sleep

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 07:46:44 PM »
LOL. Safe to assume your posting Horry's response as your response...

Nigga just said "I'd take Kobe because he's a better free throw shooter". :-X

You know what, you can have that, fam lmfaoooo.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 01:00:02 AM »
LOL. Safe to assume your posting Horry's response as your response...

Nigga just said "I'd take Kobe because he's a better free throw shooter". :-X

You know what, you can have that, fam lmfaoooo.

Yea because of "free throws" ok buddy .. Horry won titles wit both n he rocks wit Kobe, u can even tell in the way he was describing them, we talkin 2 players who are not even in the same tier.. Only reason they even get compared is because they both played the same era and both won 5 .. I feel embarrassed even havin to "debate" this.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2016, 10:10:01 PM »
Was never a Kobe fan once he ran off Shaq, and I've always respected Duncan, but Kobe did more with less later in his career, and was more clutch. I think he'll always be a few spots ahead of TD.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2016, 10:43:37 PM »
Was never a Kobe fan once he ran off Shaq, and I've always respected Duncan, but Kobe did more with less later in his career, and was more clutch. I think he'll always be a few spots ahead of TD.

Shaqs ego ran himself out