Author Topic: TWO Quik's Groove 9's?  (Read 428 times)

TRAX (SFV)

TWO Quik's Groove 9's?
« on: July 15, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »
So I just whipped out my last two Quik CD's and at the end of both have a Quik's Groove 9  :o

The one on Midnight Life is correct, but what about the hidden music at the end of Book Of David?  Wouldn't that be Quik's Groove 9?  It's not officially labeled that on Wikipedia, but Discogs says it is. 
YOU CAN PIMP ME BITCH....WHEN THEY MAKE DILDOS OUTTA DAYTON SPOKES!

TRAX (SFV)

Re: TWO Quik's Groove 9's?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
Also just noticed that there are two Quik's Groove 7: Trauma and the Best Of. 

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 12:08:20 PM »
Yeah, it seems there was a mistake with this "Quikstrumental" featuring Jodeci.

I remember this compilation made by DubCNN

http://www.dubcnn.com/2013/06/14/dubcnn-com-presents-dj-quik-quiks-grooves-compilation/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 12:12:57 PM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Chef_YRD

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:37:37 PM »

The book of David is the only true quiks groove 9 the one on midnight life is just "quiks groove" it doesn't have a number attached to it and the one on the best of is what I consider the real 7 cuz the one on trauma has lyrics
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

TRAX (SFV)

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 02:24:21 PM »

the one on midnight life is just "quiks groove" it doesn't have a number attached to it

That's not what Wikipedia and the images say....

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 03:18:13 PM »
Trauma instrumentals was released if you want the instrumental of "quikstrumental"

Chef_YRD

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »

the one on midnight life is just "quiks groove" it doesn't have a number attached to it

That's not what Wikipedia and the images say....

Something must've changed in between the digital release and the physical copy cuz it was never named quiks groove 9 at first...go look at the vault on page 4 prior to the picture of the physical booklet we had it listed as "quiks groove" so did YouTube and my iTunes version
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Sccit

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 09:31:59 PM »
Yea I got the cd n it's quirks groove 9 .. Looks like a lack of attention to detail when puttin the names together, all the focus was on the music

DJSpin

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 05:46:53 AM »
From what I have been told, quik's groove 4 is not the medley for a v reprise. It's the final few minutes of whatever you do.

JeremyM

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 07:13:34 AM »
I would pay good money for a box set of all of Quik's albums released in instrumental versions.