Author Topic: New era classics  (Read 251 times)

Chef_YRD

New era classics
« on: July 15, 2016, 07:41:18 PM »
With some time under their belts what albums from the west can you deem classics from the new school cats (like 08-)

Not just ones you really like but albums/mixtapes you can make a real argument as being classic

Examples : Dom Kennedy - from the westside with love 2,Kendrick Lamar- to pimp a butterfly, etc etc
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Game-Won

Re: New era classics
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 12:29:38 AM »
I wouldnt put Dom in there.

But 2005 -> 2016

Game - Documentary
Game - Documentary 2/2.5 
Dre - Compton
Kendrick - GKMC
Kendrick - TPAB
YG - My Krazy Life

Still Brazy is growing on me - and might reach the list. - YG makes dope albums. (suprises me, cause he dont seem mad skilled, but his stories and beat selection is just perfect to me)

Is the albums I always hear once in a while. Specially the Game And YG albums. - Then again Game is my favorite rapper alive, and I love all his albums.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

Sccit

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:00:20 PM »
compton may be the only one .... Napalm, midnite life, gkmc, tpab, orca, still ruthless, doc 2 & 2.5, 7 dayz of funk, still brazy .... All great albums, but duno if any of em are classic

hitsaw

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:23:51 AM »
Game documetary and da
Xzibit napalm
Dre compton