Author Topic: The Relativez - The Takeover  (Read 1005 times)

Okka

The Relativez - The Takeover
« on: July 20, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »
Great album, been a while since i heard this the last time. I finally got myself a copy. I've always wondered what did Snoop have to do with this album? I know he's on "U Can't Afford It", but what's up with the "Snoop Dogg Presents" sticker on the album cover?

Re: The Relativez - The Takeover
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »
Excellent album, bumped in the trunk

kuruptDPG

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 03:20:39 PM »
Great album, been a while since i heard this the last time. I finally got myself a copy. I've always wondered what did Snoop have to do with this album? I know he's on "U Can't Afford It", but what's up with the "Snoop Dogg Presents" sticker on the album cover?

i think it was to boost sales really

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 07:51:16 PM »
Some cool tracks but it was wack compared to Dirty Money.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Okka

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 02:49:10 AM »

Yeah, but did Snoop like the album so much that he wanted to "support" it or somethin' like that?

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 07:54:29 AM »

Yeah, but did Snoop like the album so much that he wanted to "support" it or somethin' like that?

I never understood this sticker... Plus, Y.G.D. Top Dogg appears on the album, besides Tha Realest (even if they aren't correctly credited).
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

b.laden

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 08:11:14 AM »
Some cool tracks but it was wack compared to Dirty Money.
i agree ..the song Mafia is one my fav

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 08:47:49 AM »

I never understood this sticker... Plus, Y.G.D. Top Dogg appears on the album, besides Tha Realest (even if they aren't correctly credited).

"Gangsta".  That's my favorite song off the album.  Track was dope.  Has a G Thang vibe to it.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 09:41:02 AM »

"Gangsta".  That's my favorite song off the album.  Track was dope.  Has a G Thang vibe to it.

"Gangsta" was dope  8)

The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Mietek23

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 02:19:54 PM »
I think Snoop helped them release the record, that's why he was mentioned on the cover. Great west coast album and verry underrated - those tracks with Tha Realest and Top Dogg are really dope, same goes for the rest of the CD. Vintage Steve Vicious production 8)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 05:28:47 PM »
Slept on classic. Really not a bad track on there and the production was pure heat.

This was put out by Reggie Wright Jr and Bob Gotti's (ex Death Row employee) ill fated record label, Hub City Entertainment.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »
I think Snoop helped them release the record, that's why he was mentioned on the cover. Great west coast album and verry underrated - those tracks with Tha Realest and Top Dogg are really dope, same goes for the rest of the CD. Vintage Steve Vicious production 8)

Wasn't it that snoop worked for priority at that time
They was rereleasing a few classics with the
Snoop Dogg presents sticker
That's the time snoop rerecorded the cube check your self song with the hustle boys

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »

not too sure what you guys are talking about with a snoop sticker...bought mine when it dropped in 2002 and there was no mention of snoop at all anywhere...
tracklisting on mine has the realest, top dogg, and snoop all listed as "dogg" their actual artist names are nowhere to be found..

steve vicious only produced 3 tracks on this one..

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2016, 07:41:26 PM »
Slept on classic. Really not a bad track on there and the production was pure heat.

This was put out by Reggie Wright Jr and Bob Gotti's (ex Death Row employee) ill fated record label, Hub City Entertainment.

Lmao I remember u gave Roccy a ganga copies to hustle off back in high school

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2016, 07:48:52 PM »

not too sure what you guys are talking about with a snoop sticker...bought mine when it dropped in 2002 and there was no mention of snoop at all anywhere...
tracklisting on mine has the realest, top dogg, and snoop all listed as "dogg" their actual artist names are nowhere to be found..

steve vicious only produced 3 tracks on this one..

Ok so I'm right
All the
Snoop Dogg presents CDs
Are rereleases when snoop was I think Creative chairman on priority
They rereleased a bunch of priority rap albums with no changes but with a
Snoop Dogg presents sticker on
I have I think it's ice cube the predator album with a snoop Dogg presents sticker on
And as a bonus track snoop remaked check yo self

Found this on the net
After ceasing operations in 2004, Priority was re-launched in 2006 with Snoop Dogg appointed creative chairman in 2009. Priority celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2010.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:54:10 PM by gio™fugahoo »