Author Topic: 'A Lighter Shade of Brown' Rapper DTTX Dead at 46  (Read 999 times)

jaytee

'A Lighter Shade of Brown' Rapper DTTX Dead at 46
« on: July 20, 2016, 09:20:58 PM »

Bobby Ramirez -- best known as rapper DTTX from A Lighter Shade of Brown -- died Monday afternoon after lying in a coma for 11 days.

Ramirez was found unresponsive July 7th on a scorching Vegas street. His family tells us when paramedics found him, his body temperature was 107 degrees and he had severe burns.

Ramirez was taken to a nearby hospital and placed on life support.

Ramirez' family tells us the 46-year-old had battled the bottle for years ... but they believe his death was due to cardiac arrest and heat stroke.

Ramirez grew up in Riverside, CA before teaming up with fellow rapper ODM in the 90's to form A Lighter Shade of Brown. The duo made several successful albums, including "Brown & Proud."

#RIP

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/AO9OIL_LkcU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/AO9OIL_LkcU</a>

TMZ

Sccit

Re: 'A Lighter Shade of Brown' Rapper DTTX Dead at 46
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:23:40 AM »
RIP

Mr. Theo

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:59 AM »
yeah PJ Butta warned us about the life support last week on KDAY.

I was bumpin' On The Sunday Afternoon cruisin in Sunset Blvd last week, unforgettable

Another one gone too soon...

RIP DTTX! Westside!!!

KASHIF N' QUIK   MY FAVORITES MUSICIANS ALL TIME #RIPKASHIF

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »
RIP!

B.A.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 01:33:06 PM »
I actually got a chance to see LSOB perform just a few months ago here in Phoenix at the Lowrider Supershow. Next to Brenton Wood, they performed more classics than any other artist there imo. A few years back a few of my homeboys opened up for them at a show in Tempe. AZ, I got a chance to chop it up for a minute with them and got my Layin In The Cut album autographed, real cool dudes. I've always liked Lighter Shade (I even still got the cassette single of On A Sunday Afternoon in my old tape stash), this is some sad news, R.I.P. DTTX.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

mxer47

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »
I always enjoyed lsob definitely will miss dttx R.I.P.

ez8o5

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 08:17:56 PM »
rest in paradise bobby