Author Topic: Let Me Explain... feedback please  (Read 131 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Let Me Explain... feedback please
« on: April 15, 2003, 12:47:26 PM »
This is for a girl I was trying to get with. The song is self explainitory. I know it's simplistic, but it's suppose to be audio. Just need feedback if it's good or not.

Hey girl don’t think things have changed, I’m doing this to tell my side "let me explain"/
You see I saw you and your eyes got me, I was hooked on your Latina beauty/
The style, smarts I wanted us to be we, can it be that you’re the girl to complete me mentally/
I’m feeling you but it turns out I ain’t enough, I made my feeling tuff and I become rough/
My life was simple when I liked you, now things changed and I am a fool/
Afraid of you so what could I do, made everything different because I’m rude/
My ego was bruised so I pushed you away, my life was played so now I play the game/
To protect myself I became lame, I let my stupidity rule so please "let me explain"/

A man always goes to his options see, my mind was split ‘cause you weren’t feeling me/
Your friend was there as you ignored me, so as a man I could only be who I be/
Girl I’m sorry I was on the side with your friend, this Mexican messed up again/
Your still my friend, your so smart and funny, so cute that your smile makes dark sunny/
If you don’t talk to me again I understand, just know that I’ll always be a dumb man/
When I was hurt about your friend, I never cried, ‘cause it’s you I wanted all this time/
Looks are important but more so this line, it’s your inter beauty that I find/
Plus beautiful eyes cute smile and the way you say my name, so listen and "let me explain"/

I know you didn’t want me so I moved on, It’s a decision that turned out wrong/
I still wanted you that’s why this song, I wanted you so long but say the word and I’m gone/
‘Cause I know the pain I bring, and smothering you with my selfness a the way I be/
My Latin queen I’m so sorry, I hope to stay your friend, so "are we?"/
Every word I said that night I meant it, I’m not trying to make anything tragic/
I just can’t forget it because I was so stupid, forgive me ‘cause lately I’m feeling useless/
My heart has been feeling suffering and pain, beat down from rain so I can’t maintain/
That’s why all my actions have been strange, and that’s what I had to explain/
« Last Edit: April 15, 2003, 12:48:54 PM by M Dogg »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re:Let Me Explain... feedback please
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 01:16:04 PM »
No love.. alright... can' someone please let me know what's up with this?

TheSheriff

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 01:21:49 PM »
Nice rhyme, touching.

NoT

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • The Lonely one...
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2003, 07:12:35 AM »
I really like this piece. Some people might call it too simple (like you yourself just did), but I think it's the simplicity of the piece that makes it good. The more plainly you say things the more honest they appear to the listener. If you beat around the bush too much then it looks like you're trying to hide something and you avoided that very well. If I could make one suggestion it's that this piece relies a little too much on "creative" diction to make everything rhyme and flow properly. I'd consider rewording a couple of things here and there, but overall a little bit of that is okay usually.

Great work and keep writing/recording. Can't wait to hear the audio.
Nick of Time
SADISTIC MISFITS

Yo, ya 14-carat gold slum computer wizard ~
Tappin' inside my rap page causes blizzards ~
- Ghostface Killah