Author Topic: Question for Damon X  (Read 106 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Question for Damon X
« on: April 22, 2003, 02:50:38 PM »
Youre a Five Percenter and are connected in some way to the hip hop industry. So seein as that hip hop is very influenced by 5%ers, who is representing the real?

Which artists, according to you, represents 5% properly and who is simply faking it?

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Damon X Reppin ATL

• Lil Geezy
  • The Black Man Is God (Born Asiatic God Allah)
Re:Question for Damon X
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 03:04:52 PM »
Youre a Five Percenter and are connected in some way to the hip hop industry. So seein as that hip hop is very influenced by 5%ers, who is representing the real?

Which artists, according to you, represents 5% properly and who is simply faking it?

Well you have to understand that when I say 5% I'm not just speaking about those who pledge some sort of allegiance to the Nation Of Gods & Earths. In fact The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad taught us who the 5, 10, and 85 %, back in the 1930's (30 plus years before the creation of the Nation of God's & Earths organization) were on a WORLD SCALE. So just 'cause some brothers say "Peace God" don't make them God-Body, but it's our nature, because of who we are. So as far as representing Islam (from our Afrocentric perspective, not those of Arab cultural i.e Sunni, Shiite, etc.) I would have to say there are a few that i know personally and I can only speak on that. Those would include Poor Righteous Teachers, Rza, Gza, Master Killa, U God, Paris, Public Enemy, Common, No ID, Erika Badu.
Others are suspect or those who I've seen do things that are totally against our teachings and way of life, but everyone who takes this teaching seriously is always striving and Allah knows what's in our hearts.

TheSheriff

Re:Question for Damon X
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 03:35:40 PM »
Well you have to understand that when I say 5% I'm not just speaking about those who pledge some sort of allegiance to the Nation Of Gods & Earths. In fact The Most Honorable Elijah Muhammad taught us who the 5, 10, and 85 %, back in the 1930's (30 plus years before the creation of the Nation of God's & Earths organization) were on a WORLD SCALE. So just 'cause some brothers say "Peace God" don't make them God-Body, but it's our nature, because of who we are. So as far as representing Islam (from our Afrocentric perspective, not those of Arab cultural i.e Sunni, Shiite, etc.) I would have to say there are a few that i know personally and I can only speak on that. Those would include Poor Righteous Teachers, Rza, Gza, Master Killa, U God, Paris, Public Enemy, Common, No ID, Erika Badu.
Others are suspect or those who I've seen do things that are totally against our teachings and way of life, but everyone who takes this teaching seriously is always striving and Allah knows what's in our hearts.

Interesting post, though one must say that though Allah knows what is in all his Children's hearts, that doesn't always help those of the Children who serve him truly; okay, I've lost the thread of this thought.