Author Topic: Dr. Dre- Compton 1 Year Later  (Read 2422 times)

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
Re: Dr. Dre- Compton 1 Year Later
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2016, 03:25:26 AM »
There's maybe 3 songs I dont like on that album, others grew the fuck up on me. Album is shit, if you don't like it and you're Hip-Hop fan you're listening wrong. Am I the only one who didn't liked Eminems verse on it? Like whole idea of Eminem on that song?
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2016, 06:15:22 AM »
How can something that was a chore to sit through in the first place even have replay ability. Are you a masochist? Listening to it with your beats headphones lined with sandpaper, wearing leather studded under pants (with the studs on the inside) on a battered public bus trundling over potholes?

HardWorker

• 'G'
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2016, 09:34:12 AM »
Album grew on me. Breath of fresh air in the rap game.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 11:22:11 AM »
Has anybody actually witnessed anyone bumping this album?  Like been out and heard it playing from a car stereo system or at a party or club?

I mean I consider it an instant classic but its like I'm the only one.  I even played "Talk About It" at a party once and there was no reaction.  And I played it for some of my friends in the ride.... And again no reaction......

Has anyone played this for anyone in person (outside the Internet) and what was the feedback?

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 11:59:22 AM »
MY FEE LOVED IT, HAD IT ON REPEAT IN THE RIDE THE ENTIRE MONTH IT DROPPED

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2016, 12:15:31 PM »
Has anybody actually witnessed anyone bumping this album?  Like been out and heard it playing from a car stereo system or at a party or club?

I mean I consider it an instant classic but its like I'm the only one.  I even played "Talk About It" at a party once and there was no reaction.  And I played it for some of my friends in the ride.... And again no reaction......

Has anyone played this for anyone in person (outside the Internet) and what was the feedback?

i think it finally hit dre that he needs to do the headphones only and some tracks here and there, as sad as that sounds

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »
MY FEE LOVED IT, HAD IT ON REPEAT IN THE RIDE THE ENTIRE MONTH IT DROPPED

On repeat in your ride, but have you heard any others bumping it out of their ride in la?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »
NO NOT THAT MANY PEOPLE FUX WIT SHIT THAT DOESNT HIT THE RADIO

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 08:17:49 AM »
How can something that was a chore to sit through in the first place even have replay ability. Are you a masochist? Listening to it with your beats headphones lined with sandpaper, wearing leather studded under pants (with the studs on the inside) on a battered public bus trundling over potholes?
lolllll i tell my homie this all the time, how hilarious it is too see cats saying something was awful yet they force themselves to sit through it 10 more times and try to convince themselves that they like it

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2016, 08:21:54 AM »
local radio station up here in montreal played most of the album one afternoon a week after it dropped...after each track it was basically silence, not wanting to straight out say shit wasnt good, just things like "well, the beat was good but....i guess the track overall is cool for those who like this stuff" all 3 cats agreed in a politically correct way that this isnt the type of shit they wanted to play on their hip hop radio show

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2016, 12:02:48 PM »
lolllll i tell my homie this all the time, how hilarious it is too see cats saying something was awful yet they force themselves to sit through it 10 more times and try to convince themselves that they like it

Ain't that the truth, you know the first time you heard the keys for Still DRE it was dope and it is still is, no matter how many spins you give it it can just pop up on random one day and have you vibing like the first time you played it, because its a hit. Hell you can pick out pretty much any Dre track pre Compton (well at leasts over 60% of his catalog to be accurate) and it will do the same thing.

Compton on the other hand was quickly rushed to allow Dre to wash his hands of Detox and its hype that he could never deliver on - not by your expectations but his - by pretending it wasn't a Dre album per se and just created for the movie yada yada yada. It was a weak concept with poor execution, some interesting beats here and there thematically speaking, generally piss poor lyrics and the usual outstanding mastering.

As I said back when it was released I'd love to hear the instrumental version and I'll guarantee you that Dre has tracks that he'd recorded for Detox that excrete all over this release even though they'll either be barebones, hardly finished or only have 492 different vocal takes - none of which were good enough for Dre.

A lot of people like it because they WANT to like it, thus they manufacture proof as they lie to themselves but the fact that this album came and went like a fart in the breeze speaks volumes when it comes to drops by the mighty D R E as he might as well have called this album "Amnesia".

I'd always suspected this album was his way to sacrifice Detox by releasing something sub par and then following it up with a 1/2 punch and knocking it out of the park with a follow up album that was mindblowingly different that combined his signature drums with orchestral pieces or something equally left field as I'd been hedging on his musical score to the planets concept being what he really wanted to do instead of treading the gangsta rap path again where there really was nothing left to be said and thus he'd use Compton as a counterpoint to springboard a grander sound and fanbase.

If you're reading this Dre, it still ain't too late and I want 5% of the adjusted net for giving you this plan.  8)

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2016, 12:40:31 PM »

Ain't that the truth, you know the first time you heard the keys for Still DRE it was dope and it is still is, no matter how many spins you give it it can just pop up on random one day and have you vibing like the first time you played it, because its a hit. Hell you can pick out pretty much any Dre track pre Compton (well at leasts over 60% of his catalog to be accurate) and it will do the same thing.

Compton on the other hand was quickly rushed to allow Dre to wash his hands of Detox and its hype that he could never deliver on - not by your expectations but his - by pretending it wasn't a Dre album per se and just created for the movie yada yada yada. It was a weak concept with poor execution, some interesting beats here and there thematically speaking, generally piss poor lyrics and the usual outstanding mastering.

As I said back when it was released I'd love to hear the instrumental version and I'll guarantee you that Dre has tracks that he'd recorded for Detox that excrete all over this release even though they'll either be barebones, hardly finished or only have 492 different vocal takes - none of which were good enough for Dre.

A lot of people like it because they WANT to like it, thus they manufacture proof as they lie to themselves but the fact that this album came and went like a fart in the breeze speaks volumes when it comes to drops by the mighty D R E as he might as well have called this album "Amnesia".

I'd always suspected this album was his way to sacrifice Detox by releasing something sub par and then following it up with a 1/2 punch and knocking it out of the park with a follow up album that was mindblowingly different that combined his signature drums with orchestral pieces or something equally left field as I'd been hedging on his musical score to the planets concept being what he really wanted to do instead of treading the gangsta rap path again where there really was nothing left to be said and thus he'd use Compton as a counterpoint to springboard a grander sound and fanbase.

If you're reading this Dre, it still ain't too late and I want 5% of the adjusted net for giving you this plan.  8)

I liked that album because the production was great, the vocals were on point, the concepts were tremendous, the overall sound rattled my speakers with post nut clarity......didn't have to force myself, anyone with an ear for great production can feel it. You don't like it because it's not what u expect from dre .. But let's say it was branded as king mez's debut album, u would call it a classic and best album of the year. That's the power of the mind in terms of relatively.

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »

I liked that album because the production was great, the vocals were on point, the concepts were tremendous, the overall sound rattled my speakers with post nut clarity......didn't have to force myself, anyone with an ear for great production can feel it. You don't like it because it's not what u expect from dre .. But let's say it was branded as king mez's debut album, u would call it a classic and best album of the year. That's the power of the mind in terms of relatively.

But thats exactly my point, King Mez is wack ergo making this his debut instead of Dre's finale wouldn't change my perspective on this frisbee. Even a die hard fan as yourself must admit (even if it is quietly and to yourself) that the album is nowhere near ANY of Dres releases (yes Aftermath Presents... I'm looking at you too) in any category you'd care to pick.

I'll also note that you said "Anyone with an ear for production" which resonates exactly with what I said about digging an instrumental version instead of those lame rhymes, horrendous flows and sub par features that attempted to pass for artistry on this album. Matter of fact the verses are so bad they detract from my enjoyment of the beats and mastering which once again proves my point (at least from my ears and eyes) that this is Dres weakest album ever.

westside159

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2016, 02:13:03 PM »
BEST SONGS

ANIMALS
TALKING TO MY DIARY
FOR THE LOVE OF MONEY  8) 8) 8
DEEP WATER

THE REST OF THE ALBUM IS KINDA WACK ......

Blood$

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2016, 02:25:21 PM »

boom