Author Topic: Dr. Dre- Compton 1 Year Later  (Read 2420 times)

donfathaimmortal

Re: Dr. Dre- Compton 1 Year Later
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2016, 02:55:54 PM »
Agree with eyeball. Not one Compton track sticks in my head. No beat, melody, rhyme, nothing. Only one decent track to me, "Talking To My Diary" and I would rate that track like a 6.5 outta 10.

This. Nothing except (just a litlle) "Talking To My Diary" and "Animals".
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Sccit

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2016, 07:06:38 PM »
See y'all like Talkin to my diary because it sounds like a 2001 leftover .. Same formula, same sound, give or take .. U don't fux wit dre's evolution, u rather hear the same ol shit, despite the fact that there are way better produced joints than talkin to my diary on there. It's the sound that resonates wit u, not the quality.

Blood$

« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2016, 01:13:29 PM »
surprised all the 2001 jockeys aren't praising "Darkside/Gone" too lol I don't know how anybody with a decent to good ear for music can write that song off as anything less than classic especially for Dre's standards

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2016, 01:19:39 PM »
surprised all the 2001 jockeys aren't praising "Darkside/Gone" too lol I don't know how anybody with a decent to good ear for music can write that song off as anything less than classic especially for Dre's standards

Another undisputed classic dre joint imo

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2016, 01:44:30 PM »

Track ruined by the basic corny poppy R&B singing and Dre sounding like an awkward Kendrick imitator.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2016, 02:22:58 PM »

Track ruined by the basic corny poppy R&B singing and Dre sounding like an awkward Kendrick imitator.

Did u say dre sounded like an Eminem imitator on forgot about dre?

Okka

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2016, 02:33:12 PM »
Has anybody actually witnessed anyone bumping this album?  Like been out and heard it playing from a car stereo system or at a party or club?

I mean I consider it an instant classic but its like I'm the only one.  I even played "Talk About It" at a party once and there was no reaction.  And I played it for some of my friends in the ride.... And again no reaction......

Has anyone played this for anyone in person (outside the Internet) and what was the feedback?

I played it to a couple of people, they didn't like it, but just like on here, they did like "Talking To My Diary". I think most people can't get into the album because of Dre's flow and the way he's soundin' on the album.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2016, 02:35:14 PM »

He did not sound that awkward and unnatural on that track.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2016, 06:16:10 PM »

Don't think he sounded awkward, just somethin u wasn't used to

I tripped out the first time I peeped the snippets too .. But as I got more familiar with the music as opposed to my perception of it, I realized it doesn't mean it's bad jus because it's different.

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2016, 11:53:06 PM »

I tripped out the first time I peeped the snippets too .. But as I got more familiar with the music as opposed to my perception of it, I realized it doesn't mean it's bad jus because it's different.

Saying things like that really make it seem like you "sold" yourself on the album for whatever reasons you had going on in your mind as opposed to the album just pulling you in with its amazing vibe - as all of Dres other projects did.

But rather than go back and forth with you I'll leave it at this for this thread:

It's hard for a human to imagine bring other than how they are but I'm fairly certain that the first time you heard this album your response was "what the hell is this mess?" Or similar and it was only after repeated play that you learnt to love it, hence coming on here with you proclaiming its excellence and how everyone else just isn't on that level like a hipster hopper of some sort.

For me my initial inpression and one now a year later are the same. A brick of an album from the greatest in the game with lame features, bad hooks, a terrible flow and aside from the sonic quality, mixing and some of the production it carries no redeeming features at all and is a huge let down coming from Dre.

But if you enjoy it then do so, glad you see something in it that brings you joy.

<drops mic>

Sccit

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2016, 01:07:52 AM »

Saying things like that really make it seem like you "sold" yourself on the album for whatever reasons you had going on in your mind as opposed to the album just pulling you in with its amazing vibe - as all of Dres other projects did.

But rather than go back and forth with you I'll leave it at this for this thread:

It's hard for a human to imagine bring other than how they are but I'm fairly certain that the first time you heard this album your response was "what the hell is this mess?" Or similar and it was only after repeated play that you learnt to love it, hence coming on here with you proclaiming its excellence and how everyone else just isn't on that level like a hipster hopper of some sort.

For me my initial inpression and one now a year later are the same. A brick of an album from the greatest in the game with lame features, bad hooks, a terrible flow and aside from the sonic quality, mixing and some of the production it carries no redeeming features at all and is a huge let down coming from Dre.

But if you enjoy it then do so, glad you see something in it that brings you joy.

<drops mic>

you're overthinking it buddy .. I genuinely enjoyed the album. I just was initially surprised by how different dre sounded when checking a couple of the snippets on my laptop. Despite the difference in style, i was pulled in immediately. the album rattled my system for the majority of that summer. It's by far the most memorable album of 2015 to me- nothin even came close.

So for those expecting the same dre sound from 15 years earlier, I can see why your mind wouldn't allow u to fux wit it. But I guarantee if this was the first dre album u ever heard, u would consider it incredible. The fact that u went into it expecting nothin but a g thang or still dre simply ruined it for u.. And many others as well.