Author Topic: Where does Coolaid rank in Snoop's catalog?  (Read 1114 times)

DR2ndDynasty

• Lil Geezy
Re: Where does Coolaid rank in Snoop's catalog?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 04:23:21 AM »
Damn, wish they released The Doccumentary EP back in tha Dayz

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »
Damn, wish they released The Doccumentary EP back in tha Dayz
I think it was some peeps who claimed it was released as an import back n the days .. Never bought that tho

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »
1. Doggystyle
2. Tha Last Meal
3. No Limit Top Dogg
4. Tha Doggfather
5. Death Row's Greatest Hits
6. R&G (Rythm & Gangsta)
7. Paid Tha Cost To Be Da Boss
8. The Blue Carpet Treatment
9. Da Game Is To Be Sold, Not To Be Told
10. [At His Best] Dead Man Walkin

Coolaid is just another Snoop album besides  Ego Trippin, Malice In Wonderland or Doggumentary. Nothing special.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:11:42 PM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »
since it's been out for a bit now and people have listened to it enough figured this would be an interesting topic, IMO:

Doggystyle
Tha Last Meal
No Limit Top Dogg
Tha Blue Carpet Treatment
Tha Doggfather
Coolaid
Doggumentary
R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece
Ego Trippin'
More Malice
Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss
Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told
Malice In Wonderland

I'm not including 7 Dayz Of Funk, Bush, or Reincarnated as those weren't purely rap/hip-hop releases from him and more of side projects but I would say 7 Dayz is in the upper half if we were to include that one lol

Good topic... I haven't checked out the album just yet... but I'm looking forward to doing it soon and reading more of the reviews on here...

You should of added Reincarnated and 7 Days of Funk (not sure about Bush) as those were certainly Snoop albums.  I mean, I would even put Reincarnated up there as Snoop's 4th best after Doggystyle, Top Dogg, and Last Meal.  Doggfather loses points partly because of the high expectations of its time.  But standing alone it should get a higher rating.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 07:09:52 PM »
Oh yea you left smokefest and dead man walkin off .. I can see why dead man walkin, as he didn't release it. But snoop released smokefest as an official independent album, just sold them at his shows as he couldn't get clearance to release the tracks on a major label wit proper distribution. Still a snoop album, albeit a rare one.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 07:48:31 PM »
Coolaid is another poopoo album from snoop, down there with ego trippin, malice n wonderland, snooplion reicarnated, doggumentary and bush
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:52:33 PM by ironmike »

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
Coolaid is another poopoo album from snoop, down there with ego trippin, malice n wonderland, snooplion reicarnated, doggumentary and bush

Coolaid has some joints, it's a solid album brodie

Blood$

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 01:07:43 PM »
Oh yea you left smokefest and dead man walkin off .. I can see why dead man walkin, as he didn't release it. But snoop released smokefest as an official independent album, just sold them at his shows as he couldn't get clearance to release the tracks on a major label wit proper distribution. Still a snoop album, albeit a rare one.

I don't recall ever hearing Smokefest but maybe once upon a time I had it downloaded in my library lol somebody who has a link hit me

and yeah I didn't include Dead Man Walkin' since that wasn't official but I haven't heard that one in a LONG time now that it's mentioned

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 01:23:16 PM »

I don't recall ever hearing Smokefest but maybe once upon a time I had it downloaded in my library lol somebody who has a link hit me

and yeah I didn't include Dead Man Walkin' since that wasn't official but I haven't heard that one in a LONG time now that it's mentioned

U got 3 bills to spare? 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Snoop-Doggy-Dogg-SmokeFest-World-Tour-1998-Dogg-Pound-MEGA-RARE-G-FUNK-/152201264674?nav=SEARCH

DJSpin

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 06:08:36 PM »
Doggumentary over doggfather, I don't see it

Guess peeps here really fucked w that album

For "take you home" alone makes dogumentary good!

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 03:45:46 AM »

U got 3 bills to spare? 

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Snoop-Doggy-Dogg-SmokeFest-World-Tour-1998-Dogg-Pound-MEGA-RARE-G-FUNK-/152201264674?nav=SEARCH

bout a week ago there was aother one for 50$
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »
^u got it?

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 09:12:56 PM »
Kinda surprised by the Malice hate in this thread... was it really his worst album? I definitely don't rank it worse than Da Game Is To Be Sold... It's mercifully short at 14 tracks, and there are some gems in there ("2 Minute Warning"; "Secrets.") "Gangsta Luv" and "I Wanna Rock" remain his last successful solo singles, and I enjoy both for what they are. Only thing I disliked about that album were the more blatant crossover attempts ("Pronto" with Soulja Boy; "That's The Homie.") Edit those out and I think it's a generally solid album.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:54:28 AM by Conan »
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One