Author Topic: Brotha Lynch Hung - KEVLAR [Anticipation Thread]  (Read 1073 times)

Dogg Ly Dogg

Brotha Lynch Hung - KEVLAR [Anticipation Thread]
« on: August 21, 2016, 11:14:06 PM »

The album is almost done, supposely to be his best lyrically, the productions is handled by Phonk Beta, Sprite Beatz and AC3 Beats and theres 2 features so far from his SiccMade partners G-Macc and Dalima. The release date will be announced soon but we can expect it to drop between the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017.

And the artwork is hella dope  8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:18:51 PM by Dogg Ly Dogg »

doggfather

Re: Brotha Lynch Hung - KEVLAR [Anticipation Thread]
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 01:06:31 AM »
new album? sounds good!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

WestWestYA

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 04:52:18 AM »
If only it could be as good as sots or loaded.

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 06:16:01 AM »

most rap albums in general aren't and won't be as good as those, don't set the bar so high in 2016 lol

anyway if he continues the sound he had on Bullet Maker this will go hard  8)

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 09:18:41 AM »
Here's another visual from the official artwork of KEVLAR, courtesy of Phil Emerson who shot the artwork!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:21:48 AM by Dogg Ly Dogg »

johnnie360

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 09:34:53 AM »

That is not going to happen. I was bumping Lynch back in 94 when Season dropped. Then came Mr. Doctor Bloccstyle which to me was like Dr. Dre The Chronic transitioning to Doggystyle. The sound was amazing on the Chronic, but perfected on Doggystyle. Just like the sound was great on season and perfected on Setrippn Bloccstyle.

Then came all the bangin features and Phonk Beta beats. Then Loaded, which was perfection to me. 1997 to 2001 was the peak of Siccmade Muzicc. What killed Lynch was his bad business, the fiasco over EBK4/Midevil signaled his downfall. They put out some classics in that era though and if you like that old siccmade sound I suggest you check out

Sicx If These Wall Could talk
Fig Naytion Naytions Capitol
P Folks Smoke Inhalation

Speaking of Sicx, when he got those pedo charges was the end of that era. Lynch released 2 classic songs Xcaliba, and Corpse Came to Dinner, after that it was a wrap.

After years of anticipation Lynch By Inch dropped and was a huge letdown with those basic ass casio keyboard beats, and Lynch changed his vocal style. Everything dropping on Madesicc after that was just a let down. Albums that had been slated for release in the 90's (COS Siccmade Rituals) (Suspicion) were huge let downs as the original versions were lost or scrapped and all were re done. People like me did not get enough of those elaborate Beta beats. Every release after that for about 3 years I supported and hoped would be an ode to the loaded sound, but never that.

Finally I gave up, I have heard every release since then and I am not impressed. I waited on Lynch almost more than any other rapper. After his Strange Music albums I was like meh and moved on. Maybe I just grew up. But I dont even bump any Lynch anymore even his old stuff.

Inferio07

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 02:19:47 PM »
I stopped listening to Lynch probably about 8 years ago, once I got older I noticed that I grew out of his message which is pretty much the same message almost every song. I was into his music when I was younger, but those were some dark days in my life, the older I got I became less and less interested, I truly wish him the best but I guess I'm getting older too

Blood$

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 04:00:54 PM »
granted I didn't get into Lynch until like 2006/2007, I thought Lynch By Inch was pretty decent but I see where dudes are coming from on the production criticism... could have also been maybe narrowed down to one disc since the second one only had a few joints anyway

Dinner & A Movie was a classic and the next 2 albums on Strange were dope to me over time but they initially lacked something that made me want to go spend my money on them, figures now if I saw them in a store for the low I'd cop them for the collection

I even bought EBK4 this past year just because it was cheap and original pressing, despite it being an unofficial lackluster release lol fuck that Virus album though
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:09:48 PM by Blood$ »

OmegaRed

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 04:14:36 PM »
going to check for this
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 04:56:00 PM »
I never even got around to the last one .. N he's one of my top 10 rappers all time

Should go hard tho

Sccit

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 04:57:56 PM »
Lynch by inch was a great album btw .. Underrated as fuck because every1 wanted another season of the siccness or loaded. That's like his doggfather.

Sccit

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 04:59:25 PM »
granted I didn't get into Lynch until like 2006/2007, I thought Lynch By Inch was pretty decent but I see where dudes are coming from on the production criticism... could have also been maybe narrowed down to one disc since the second one only had a few joints anyway

Dinner & A Movie was a classic and the next 2 albums on Strange were dope to me over time but they initially lacked something that made me want to go spend my money on them, figures now if I saw them in a store for the low I'd cop them for the collection

I even bought EBK4 this past year just because it was cheap and original pressing, despite it being an unofficial lackluster release lol fuck that Virus album though

There's a few classics on the virus .. Gotta die anyways is one of my favorites lynch tracks of all time.

Blood$

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 05:20:17 PM »

There's a few classics on the virus .. Gotta die anyways is one of my favorites lynch tracks of all time.

yeah, similar to EBK4... one or two classic songs mixed in a shitbag of under-produced / scrapped together tracks lol always thought it was funny how he said "fuck Black Market" on that joint too

the features were really what killed both albums to me let alone the unfinished sounding beats

OmegaRed

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 06:30:50 PM »
seems like some dope production
We need your help.....

Looking for latest content ----->
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAkQem5MWo3cuhdIOPQEaeQ/videos
 www.insomiacmagazine.com

Chef_YRD

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 09:26:07 PM »

Dinner and a movie is a classic and I would say that  coathanga strangla is too....if you only knew how much I've played therapy session in my life
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"