Author Topic: Old Letter Surfaces from Dr. Dre's First Encounter with Burning Man  (Read 950 times)

Save_uS_aerroc

• Lil Geezy

Dr. Dre is not a name one would normally associate with Burning Man.

At least not in 1995.

Although the yearly gathering is now known to play host to celebrities like P. Diddy and Susan Sarandon, that didn't used to be the case.

In 1995, Dr. Dre made a visit to Nevada to shoot the video for the iconic hit "California Love", which helped to launch the career of fellow rapper Tupac.

Dre writes to his lady Nicole about "a bunch of naked crazy motherfuckers...putting up some type of giant woodman."

The letter is reminiscent of simpler times, when Burning Man was a gathering of only 5,000 people and didn't include Silicon Valley execs or performances from Skrillex.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Old Letter Surfaces from Dr. Dre's First Encounter with Burning Man
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »
This has been up before.. Tell the idiot who did the fake letter that he didn't get the date right... Dre would've been more likely to be preparing for the filming of "Keep The Heads Wringing" at that time
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 10:44:07 PM »

In 1995, Dr. Dre made a visit to Nevada to shoot the video for the iconic hit "California Love", which helped to launch the career of fellow rapper Tupac

Lol smh
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 09:53:15 PM by GangstaBoogy »
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 07:22:08 AM »
This has been up before.. Tell the idiot who did the fake letter that he didn't get the date right... Dre would've been more likely to be preparing for the filming of "Keep The Heads Wringing" at that time

:D I was thinking that if Dre had that kind of entrepreneurial spark in him he wouldn't have needed Eazy, Suge or Jimmy. Plus wasn't it Jada that came up with the idea of the Mad Max video and was supposed to direct it before Will stepped in and killed that noise and they got Hype instead? Also the pacing of the letter makes it seem like Dre gave California Love to Pac when numerous interviews have stated Pac just took it from Dre as he said himself in that Bill Bellamy spot as Dres album was nowhere near completion.

dexter

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »

:D I was thinking that if Dre had that kind of entrepreneurial spark in him he wouldn't have needed Eazy, Suge or Jimmy. Plus wasn't it Jada that came up with the idea of the Mad Max video and was supposed to direct it before Will stepped in and killed that noise and they got Hype instead? Also the pacing of the letter makes it seem like Dre gave California Love to Pac when numerous interviews have stated Pac just took it from Dre as he said himself in that Bill Bellamy spot as Dres album was nowhere near completion.
2pac didnt take the song

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 10:21:38 AM »

2pac didnt take the song

How could I forget? <slaps forehead> He was busy recording Hail Mary when Dre came in and gave him the beat saying "Fuck with me" before going on to knockout 12 bloods with a single punch.