Author Topic: R.I.P. Jerry Heller  (Read 1601 times)

The Predator

Re: Sticky: R.I.P. Jerry Heller
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 08:09:18 AM »
Ice Cube showed no emotion after former N.W.A manager Jerry Heller's death: ‘I ain’t gonna shed no tears’

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, September 6, 2016, 5:42 PM

Ice Cube isn’t losing sleep over the death of ex-manager Jerry Heller.

Heller, who died on Friday at 75, served as the manager of Cube’s former group N.W.A. and the two had a rocky relationship embroiled with financial drama.

“I ain’t going to pop no champagne, but I ain’t gonna shed no tears either, it is what it is,” Ice Cube told a Detroit radio station over the weekend.

“I’m not losing no sleep over it,” the 47-year-old added.

Heller was largely credited with giving N.W.A. their start in the music industry — and making way for the West Coast hip hop scene.

However, when radio host Big Greg commented that Heller was the reason for N.W.A.’s existence, Cube stopped him in his tracks.

“Whoa watch your mouth, watch your mouth, watch your mouth,” he said.

Ice Cube and fellow groupmate Dr. Dre quit N.W.A. because of their relationship with Heller, even claiming the music exec swindled them out of thousands of dollars.

Former N.W.A manager suing Dre, Cube for 'Compton' portrayal

Ice Cube even slammed Heller in a diss track titled “No Vaseline,” where he rapped the line “N.W.A. ain’t s--t without Ice Cube!”

Heller later sued Cube and Dre for $110 million, claiming defamation over the portrayal of him in the recent N.W.A. biopic “Straight Outta Compton.”

Mickey Shapiro, who served as Heller’s lawyer, said the negative way actor Paul Giamatti represented Heller was the reason for his death.

"Jerry Heller would be alive today if not for that movie," he told TMZ.

Heller suffered a medical emergency, believed to be heart attack, while driving on Friday and then slammed into a mini-van resulting in his death.

Blood$

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 10:01:15 AM »
would anybody expect any different from Cube though? lol

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 04:37:59 PM »
Jerry Heller gets a sticky

:snoopfacepalm: :tupachappy:

Part of the reason this forum exists

b.laden

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 01:02:51 AM »
rip

Blood$

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 08:24:09 PM »
Jerry Heller gets a sticky

:snoopfacepalm: :tupachappy:

Part of the reason this forum exists

that is undeniable

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 12:11:55 AM »
Would there have been an nwa without Jerry I wonder? Eazy had a strong hustle ethic, the music was just that good, they were getting spins and I think they would've broke through anyway with or without him.

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 08:57:17 AM »
Would there have been an nwa without Jerry I wonder? Eazy had a strong hustle ethic, the music was just that good, they were getting spins and I think they would've broke through anyway with or without him.

Maybe on a local scale, but not world wide in the same capacity

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »

Possibly but I'm doubtful as the timing was perfect and with the amount of exposure they would have got, even locally, you know some A&R would've sniffed them out as there was simply too much combined talent for them not to do something big.

The main thing that I was wondering about was, in this Jerry free timeline, how differently things would've played out viz Cube, Dre, DOC, Suge, Death Row - the whole game would've changed because of that.

Sccit

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2016, 02:35:52 PM »

Possibly but I'm doubtful as the timing was perfect and with the amount of exposure they would have got, even locally, you know some A&R would've sniffed them out as there was simply too much combined talent for them not to do something big.

The main thing that I was wondering about was, in this Jerry free timeline, how differently things would've played out viz Cube, Dre, DOC, Suge, Death Row - the whole game would've changed because of that.

Talent means much less without the proper structure and exposure .. Dre woulda been something regardless, because he's a genius. But NWA as we know it would not have been what it is, and west coast hip-hop in general woulda never been as commercially viable.

www.ClintDogg.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2016, 07:13:15 PM »
Love it how they dedicated the Michel'le Movie to Jerry Heller.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I</a>
All my songs with Kokane, Ms. Toi, Mac Shawn100, Top Dogg etc on iTunes. & Amazon.
Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas, OUT NOW!...

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2016, 03:40:26 PM »
lol at this being a sticky. Fuck this guy.

wedawest

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 04:12:57 AM »
RIP Jerry, god bless the dead