Author Topic: Tray Dee Dropping Solo Album - Release Date  (Read 3207 times)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
Re: Tray Dee Dropping Solo Album - Release Date
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2016, 06:01:53 PM »
Soopafly came correct on this one!  Tray Deee was smart getting Soopafly to produce one of his joints and drop a fire verse.  Soopafly production is getting rare these days.  Hold Up! is a catchy song.  Soopafly killed it, the other two guys on the track were ok, i can't remember who they are right now, but Soopafly dropped a great verse and production.

Eddz

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2016, 01:12:55 AM »
After a quick first listen album sounds pretty damn solid.

The thing that has gotten me excited about this project is the DPG & West showing unity for Tray Deee's album, seriously who would of thought in 2016 that we would get a Tray Deee solo album with features from Snoop, Kurupt, Soopafly, Techniec , Goldie Loc, Xzibit, Kokane, Crooked I & DJ Quik, with production from Fred Wreck & Battlecat. I'm pretty damn happy 8)

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2016, 03:23:28 AM »
Yeah it's a good album
Some good songs
And
Some ok songs
From all the interviews I was expecting some throwback g shit
Yeah we can say that's what he did but he wasn't confident to do it full album wise

But nice to hear Warren G on CantFucWitDis
Hope we hear them more together( Beats and feats)

7/10

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2016, 07:05:03 AM »
good album that shit bangs hard like my big asss fat dick in siccccfuckssss mum you know !!!! westcoast!!!!!!!!!

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2016, 08:39:11 AM »
Dope album.  Only a couple wackish traccs but there are no dealbreakers here.  Tray is one of the last old-school style gangsta rappers out there who's refusing to sell out.  Support this type of music if you like it.  It's an endangered species.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

BIGWORM

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2016, 11:20:48 AM »
Tray Dee spittin' fire as usual on this.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:19:18 PM by BIGWORM »

DJSpin

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2016, 11:33:01 AM »
looks like there won't be no hard copies... damn!  :(

Goddamn
Is this confirmed?

Dogg Ly Dogg

doggfather

« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2016, 06:14:52 AM »
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2016, 08:54:15 AM »
I listened to a number of tracks.

Well, first off...gangsta rap is so utterly stale! Tray Deee is a very good rapper and has always been, but his subject matter has never been anything but obsolete gang talk and this album does not seem to be different (nor was I or anyone else expecting it to be, I am sure). Basically, what Tray Deee raps about in 2016 was already clichéd and played out when he recorded the first Eastsidaz album. Boring to the nth degree and unadventurous to boot! Granted, this is real in the sense that this is what Tray Deee's life is/was like but that does not make it anymore trite. Clearly, this is not just Tray Deee's fault (90's hold-out though he may be) but more generally that of the westcoast in general. Move on and take risks, rappers.

Now there's no denying the man can spit. Like I said, he's very good on a technical level and consistently so. To me though, this only exacarbates that he simply has nothing interesting to spit. A pity.

Bitch, snitch, gangsta, rich/
money, crime, doing time/
Played this card from the heart,
cause honestly/
those words are enough to sum you up Tray Deee/
show some growth and until then/
ya should've read some more while in the pen/
expand your vocab, extend your rap/
it's your D-I-C-tionary you ought to grab/
and then -perhaps- we'll see/
a truly Bigg Tray Deee/
who can really impress me verbally.

Now, the guests I heard all did their thing but can you blame them for not putting in a great effort? It is not as if Tray Deee was forcing them to adapt. I will say that I found most of the guests I heard to flow well, which may actually be because of our host here who is an effortless spitter and certainly has excellent flow. Unfortunately, his flow is always the same. It does emphasise to me though that Tray Deee is better suited to guest verses; they allow him to shine while he can not carry an album by himself (at least not with his normal/perpetual style). When listening to these tracks, you tend to yearn for something to break the monotony thanks to generally mediocre beats and Tray Deee's repetitiveness, his talent aside. By the way, I did not think Soopafly and Snoop performed poorly on their guest verses as so many people here seem to think. Besides, when was the last time we heard these two on the same track? That has grown into something to cherish.
As mentioned by other posters before, the guest list itself is nice and almost a welcome throwback. Even so, Tray Deee chose to surround himself with people who are basically westcoast relics like himself plus a number of (relative) nobodies plus Snoop and Crooked I, who may fall into one of those two categories anyway. There do not seem to be any guests who would have forced Tray Deee himself to step up his game and that is a pity.

So, generally speaking: boring and unmemorable but not because Tray Deee is a bad rapper per se, mostly because of him staying with his bread and butter and smearing it so thickly that it becomes difficult to digest.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

doggfather

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2016, 01:15:39 AM »
just ordered the cd
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2016, 12:50:12 AM »
Eastside Finest is Battlecat!! Great production

Damn bro, I never knew u were Antonio .. Do u still fux wit the lakers?