Author Topic: Why DJ Quik's Medley for a V is so great  (Read 2186 times)

bigpimpin20

Why DJ Quik's Medley for a V is so great
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:35:16 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/064aVPGy0fA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/064aVPGy0fA</a>

RoscoeOutlaw

Re: Why DJ Quik's Medley for a V is so great
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 11:54:41 AM »
thanx man. great watch and def a classic. still wish'd he hadnt reversed his verse.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:02:06 PM »
still wish'd he hadnt reversed his verse.

Definitely a dumb move. Would've been legendary.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 07:42:30 AM »
thanx man. great watch and def a classic. still wish'd he hadnt reversed his verse.

Agreed.  It was experimental and I kind of dug the reversed verse at the time, but now I wish he would've left it alone.  There's a mix out there where someone unreversed it and spliced it into the song.  Sounds pretty good, but the verse is nothing special really. 

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 07:48:00 AM »

Agreed.  It was experimental and I kind of dug the reversed verse at the time, but now I wish he would've left it alone.  There's a mix out there where someone unreversed it and spliced it into the song.  Sounds pretty good, but the verse is nothing special really. 

I once heard this song with quik's verse unreversed but the beat didnt sound unreversed. i think it was on wcrydaz.com back in the days. but the song wasnt cdq. u mean that one?

Blood$

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
homie of mine just found that album on vinyl recently, literally sounds like you're in the studio with Quik when you hear it  8)

Chef_YRD

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 05:53:07 PM »
That last interview snippet is what I tell everyone about quik...people just don't understand
"Colder than dolemite 3 o'clock on a North Pole night In a suit made outta hoe hair woven tight rolling Pluto rocks turned to dice"

"I'm like a dream forgotten by van gough you allergic to handsoap,plus you dome dudes by the van load,wouldn't give you a jacket at lambeau"

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »

I once heard this song with quik's verse unreversed but the beat didnt sound unreversed. i think it was on wcrydaz.com back in the days. but the song wasnt cdq. u mean that one?

Yes that was it.  Think that's the site I got it from too.  That was a good little site back in the day.

Cole

• Lil Geezy
  • I bring the fire 'til you're soakin in your seat
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 09:21:27 PM »
hey guys, just to re-up this post, i was originally the one who made the dj quik video and just made another video about The Chronic, feel free to check it out here: thanks for the love!

Okka

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 05:57:42 AM »
Thanks, Cole. I'll check that out.

DJSpin

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 03:34:13 AM »
I love Rythmalism, but believe it or not played way more songs on that album a lot more than medley. It's a good track, but so many ones I like better.

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 08:29:53 AM »
*Nate You can't be he-ey you can't be my lady but I'll let you be let you be my playmate
Classic
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Cole

• Lil Geezy
  • I bring the fire 'til you're soakin in your seat
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 01:18:45 PM »
I certainly agree Medley might not be the best track, but it is my favorite and I think the best representation of the album, which is why I picked it, thanks for the feedback too!