Author Topic: albums mixed by dr. dre  (Read 1497 times)

Sccit

Re: albums mixed by dr. dre
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 01:34:12 PM »
Dre also mixed damn near all of Truth Hurts Truthfully Speaking and a good chunk of 50's Massacre and Game's Documentary. People didn't really like Jay's Kingdom Come but if you have a decent system and a good set of ears, you can't deny the mixing on that album.  

for Dre's standards the mixing wasn't even that spectacular, it says a lot if some heads didn't even know Dre mixed it... Jay's flow was also a mess on that album except for a few joints, definitely in the lower bracket of his catalog

the mixing basically reminded me of Busta Rhymes - The Big Bang which was also kinda ehh 

i don't agree.

Yea, the album was sonically on point ..... Jay wasnt flowin nothin special, but productionwise, it was up there.

bigpimpin20

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »
he helped on couple tracks from good kid mad city but was he involved in to pimp butterfly at all?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 01:59:47 PM by bigpimpin20 »

jman91331

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 04:44:38 PM »
he helped on couple tracks from good kid mad city but was he involved in to pimp butterfly at all?
No, no involvement outside of executive producing it and his lil talking part at the end of Wesley's Theory. But the tracks Dre was a part of on Good Kidd sound way better than the others, and the ones he mixed completely on his own like Compton and The Recipe soundwise shits on every song on that album. So much louder and clearer.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 10:01:22 PM »
Jay-z is just average, the rest is all hype, great marketing, and some sort of social proof conspiracy--dre should not have wasted his time (if he did actually mix it which I doubt) mixing inferior artists. 

Now as for Dre mixing an entire album I think it is just his own albums, Doggystyle, his work at ruthless, Dogg pound, and the mmlp
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 06:00:17 AM »
I never knew he mixed Kingdom Come front to back and that's kinda disappointing to hear since that was a pretty lackluster album outside of a few tracks

he mixed 2 of Xzibit's albums too, no?

I thought that was good for a Jay-Z album, in his top 5

Is it in your top 5 Jay albums 'cause Dre mixed it?

dnjp4life

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 08:52:48 AM »
Eminem's Relapse album was mixed by Dre, I would bet a large chunk of King T's Thy Kingdom Come was mixed by him too.
The question is, who is a better mixer of records out of Dre or DJ Quik?

jman91331

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 09:58:18 AM »
Jay-z is just average, the rest is all hype, great marketing, and some sort of social proof conspiracy--dre should not have wasted his time (if he did actually mix it which I doubt) mixing inferior artists. 

Now as for Dre mixing an entire album I think it is just his own albums, Doggystyle, his work at ruthless, Dogg pound, and the mmlp
Jay-Z is just average? You might need your ears checked buddy! Aren't you the same dude that was on Daz saying he's one of the greatest if I'm not mistaken (not sure that was a while ago). I can show you pages of Jay-Z quotables, Daz wouldn't even have 3 lines. And that's not to shit on you or Daz just trying to question your taste in lyrics.

But as for Dre mixing whole albums, you're misinformed on a couple of things you said. 1) Dre didn't do the mixing at Ruthless, Donnovan did Dre and Yella did the production. His first mixing credit was on The Chronic. 2) Of course his own albums and Doggystle and Relapse which he produced the whole thing (except Beautiful which he didn't mix or produce) that he mixed as well, that's obvious. I think what is notable is albums that a few others on here and myself mention he mixed like Dogg Food, Truth Hurts, Jay-Z 's, and Last Meal was that he mixed a lot of other producers tracks which is rare. And 3) he only mixed the 6 songs he produced on mmlp, nothing more.

jman91331

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 10:07:40 AM »
Eminem's Relapse album was mixed by Dre, I would bet a large chunk of King T's Thy Kingdom Come was mixed by him too.
The question is, who is a better mixer of records out of Dre or DJ Quik?
Quik is up there, but Dre's ear is another level as far as mixing and I'm sure Quik would tell you that himself. This coming from probably one of Quik's biggest fans on here (notice I said fan not obsession like a few cats on here I won't mention). To make it even, play Dogg Food then play any song off All Eyez On Me that Daz produced except Scandalous which wasn't mixed by Quik and hear the difference. Same producer, different mixers. Or listen to any Quik produced song and put it against Addictive off Truth Hurts album which was produced by Quik or mixed by Dre and see how much better it sounds. Or even how Put It On Me sonically shits on anything else on the Under The Influence album. 

heisenberg

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 10:48:47 AM »

Jay-Z is just average? You might need your ears checked buddy! Aren't you the same dude that was on Daz saying he's one of the greatest if I'm not mistaken (not sure that was a while ago). I can show you pages of Jay-Z quotables, Daz wouldn't even have 3 lines. And that's not to shit on you or Daz just trying to question your taste in lyrics.

But as for Dre mixing whole albums, you're misinformed on a couple of things you said. 1) Dre didn't do the mixing at Ruthless, Donnovan did Dre and Yella did the production. His first mixing credit was on The Chronic. 2) Of course his own albums and Doggystle and Relapse which he produced the whole thing (except Beautiful which he didn't mix or produce) that he mixed as well, that's obvious. I think what is notable is albums that a few others on here and myself mention he mixed like Dogg Food, Truth Hurts, Jay-Z 's, and Last Meal was that he mixed a lot of other producers tracks which is rare. And 3) he only mixed the 6 songs he produced on mmlp, nothing more.

jj fad booklet : mixed by dr dre, yella, arabian prince
mchel'le booklet : mixed by dr dre & yella

bigpimpin20

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 11:40:28 AM »
dre wasnt mentioned in credits for 3chordfold but heres quote from terrace martin about workin on that record
''Ali from TDE was going to mix my record with Kendrick but instead I asked Dr. Dre to do it and I got to sit there and watch him mix my record. I was as star-struck then as I was when I first him at 6 or 7 years old.''

Blood$

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 11:47:02 AM »

Dre has definitely mixed and produced for a gang of far inferior artists than Jay but if I drop the names of who they are I'll hurt some feelings and be labeled a hater

Jay-Z sure might not be some super lyrical dude behind the mic but he's said some pretty God level bars that go over the average listeners' heads especially taking into account he doesn't write his shit (unless he's ghostwriting for someone else) and it's off top

bigpimpin20

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2016, 11:50:51 AM »

Dre has definitely mixed and produced for a gang of far inferior artists than Jay but if I drop the names of who they are I'll hurt some feelings and be labeled a hater

Jay-Z sure might not be some super lyrical dude behind the mic but he's said some pretty God level bars that go over the average listeners' heads especially taking into account he doesn't write his shit (unless he's ghostwriting for someone else) and it's off top
aint kendrick recordin the same way, without writing? could be wrong

Blood$

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 12:04:52 PM »

aint kendrick recordin the same way, without writing? could be wrong

wouldn't surprise me as Jay and Lil Wayne are both big influences to him and neither of them write

I bet Kendrick does a bit of both these days

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 10:22:21 PM »

Yeah I guess he's so far over people's heads he can't break into the mainstream.  He must have the same problem Canibus and Ras Kass had ;D ;D.   I mean those rhymes about his Rolex watch are just amazingly intricate.

Don't lie the reason all these niccaz listening to Jay-Z is cause they got expensive taste and think by listening to Jay they're gonna be living the millionaire life and then they wake up the next morning in their bedroom of their moms crib the same bedroom they were sleeping in when they were 13 and they still got posters of Kobe and shit like that, ya dig

Fuck Jay-Z y'all should've listened to Pac when he said it.  I don't listen to none of those rappers Pac dissed except Nas you know he was supposedly gonna take that shit off his album about Nas but died to soon, and then the Outlaws dissed Xzibit but Xzibits and Nas both are in my top 5 but I digress... Fuck Jay-Z
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 12:35:44 AM by Infinite Trapped In 1996 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Okka

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 01:30:35 AM »
Have you actually listened to any of Jay's albums?